Open today: 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Ways to Experience DETOURS of Arizona
from US$179.00
from US$429.00
from US$138.99
from US$89.00
1,236 results
All reviews day tour recommend detours grand canyon helicopter ride navajo nation trading post les graff maverick helicopters south rim red rocks of sedona small group tour navajo reservation guide driver great tour box lunch his knowledge apache trail
Reviewed 6 days ago

This is a great choice for a tour and the helicopter ride is a wonderful way to see the Grand Canyon. our guide, Joe was fantastic - full of information and made the ride very enjoyable! He added all kinds of little extras which made for a wonderful time. He was also very helpful with my mom as she needed a walker to get around the stops, which allowed my nephew & I to enjoy the helicopter rider. I would highly recommend this company and "request" Joe for a guide!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

It is a once in a lifetime experience for many people to go to the Grand Canyon, so make the most of it. There is so much to absorb, given the majesty of the place, so your first experience probably should be part of a guided tour.

I was planning to take a more land based tour at another company, but I am glad to have decided on taking Detours of Arizona.

We often hear that pictures and words don’t do the Grand Canyon justice, but you definitely feel that when you are taking the helicopter ride over it. You are literally watching earth’s history and the power of something as benign as water and other elements in slowly but surely making a huge natural landmark.

I got picked up from Flagstaff, AZ, but the other tour riders were picked up from Phoenix, AZ. The driver was very knowledgeable and gave us a historical background on Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon. We stopped in Williams and took some pictures around Route-66. We then headed to the helicopter ride, which was the highlight of the tour. The moment you fly over the edge of the canyon at high speed you get that sensation that you are in a car driving to the edge of a cliff, but instead of falling, you continue flying. I took some amazing pics from my phone. The ride took 45 minutes then we landed and headed to the southern part of the Grand Canyon. We had the opportunity to see for ourselves how great this place is, and we drove to the geology museum where our driver, Jason, gave us an exciting and fun geohistorical talk about the canyon. There were many fossils and representations of the types of rock in the Grand Canyon layers, representing the status of the canyon (submerged under the ocean, having volcanic eruptions, or just being subjected to the slow erosion of the Colorado River).

During the trip, we were given lunch and we had drinks on board. The driver drove us back to our hotels.

I would definitely say that this is a unique experience because it lets you see the canyon in a way you and many other visitors would have never thought to see. A helicopter canyon tour is a must!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had a great time. It ended up being a long day, but believe me it was WELL worth it. Our tour guide was Jon and was very informative and went above and beyond in making our day enjoyable. Our experience at the Grand Canyon was breathtaking and beyond beautiful. Jon, being a backpacker was able to add his personal perspective at the various viewing locations which made us think what the early settlers experienced when they came across the steep rock ledges.
The only downside was the low cloud cover kept the helicopters on the ground, but this was beyond the control of Jon or Detours of Arizona.
We highly recommend this tour with Detours of Arizona and if possible, request Jon... it will be both enjoyable and informative.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Detours gave us a wonderful tour of the Grand Canyon! Mark was our guide and he kept up a running dialogue that was interesting and informative. He picked us up at our hotel in Phoenix and off we went. He made plenty of stops so we could get out, stretch our legs, get snacks, and use the restroom. They provided all the bottles water we wanted and also the lunch of either sandwich or salad. We stopped in Williams on the way for a taste of the old Route 66.
We had a total of 3.5 + hours in the canyon itself. Half that time we were dropped off in the village and allowed to go wherever we pleased. Then he picked us up and drove us to a few of the best viewing spots. It was awesome!
Now for the negative: the van was terrible. It was the most horribly bumpy ride I could have imagined. It jumped and banged and rocked over every bump in the road there and back. So much so that I had a bit of motion sickness as a result. Quite unpleasant. More leg room would have been nice too. The van was fully loaded to capacity, which was 14 including driver.
Despite how uncomfortable the van was, we had a really enjoyable tour. It was around 14 hours.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Steve and John were great guides on this tour. Really know their stuff and it is very obvious they love Arizona. Courteous, made sure my sister and I were checked in for helicopter ride before they left. Van ride was long but can’t change that. Better than driving yourself. Van comfortable, wish more leg room but I have long legs. Helicopter gives totally different (spectacular) view of the canyon. Highly recommend! Will go again on future trips

1  Thank Kathi M
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

John and Steve were great. They really know their history of the area. The helicopter ride was amazing. Excellent guides and service. I would highly recommend this tour. Ask for Joe or Steve.

1  Thank Ardel H