“Honesty and Integrity”

Ranked #20 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Stephens City, Virginia
“Honesty and Integrity”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Recently my husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown on a business trip. On arriving home I discovered that somewhere on my trip back to Virginia I had misplaced my very expensive noise control earphones. I sent an email to the various stops along the way asking if they had been found. That day I got a phone call from the security head at the Sheraton to tell me that I had indeed left my earphones in the room and he arranged to have them returned to me. They are now safely back in my care. It is nice to know that from the cleaning staff through to the security head all were part of the chain to return to me something of value to myself so quickly and efficiently. It is good to know that honesty and Integrity are alive and well In the Phoenix Downtown Arizona.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We made our room reservation months before going and were very disappointed when we checked in and were told that we would not have a room with a king size bed but would have 2 double beds instead. We were told that it is the hotel policy to only guarantee that you have a room but not necessarily the room you that you had reserved. We will not be staying there again since we can not be assured that they will honour our reservation request.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Livinthrutravel
Riverside, CA
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We have stayed at a number of Sheratons around the world and this is the first one that fell below my expectations. The hotel is next to one of the convention centers and close to a number of the downtown Phoenix attractions. Upon our arrival we had to park in the below ground parking area that was very tight. Parking was at a rate of $17 per night. The parking was well lit and had a safe feeling about it.

The lobby was very large and filled with a number of eclectic seating areas. There was a bar in the lobby that was reasonable in price. Checking in was odd. There are a number of free standing desk areas where the host checks you in. There is also a large column in the center of the check in area and people lined up on both sides. The hostess came around from behind the counter and greeted us. I introduced myself and handed her my Starwood Card, my ID, and a credit card. We were assigned a room with two double beds. I asked for a King sized bed and was told they were all accounted for. ( I am glad none of them were missing.) The hostess failed to meet our request. For the first time in over 30 years, the hostess questioned the person with me and our relationship to each other. I understand having their name in case they get locked out, but that was not the feeling I got. As we turned and walked away, we found security standing behind us. Very odd. We were in town just to watch spring training so jeans, tee shirts, and ball caps were the dress of the day. I assumed that if I was in my business attire my treatment would have been different.

Our room was very clean and tastefully decorated. It had a small refrigerator in a little outcove with the safe right above it. One bed was very comfortable and the other one was so so. Overall we had a very pleasant sleep. In the morning we spoke with the cleaning staff and they were very polite. We took in the gym and it was very nice. Clean, open, and overlooked the pool.

At check out, there were two gentlemen at the counter. They saw us in our baseball attire and we talked about the games as well as the economic impact of spring training on the area.

Hotels come in all kind of levels. This review is based on the same class of hotel. Please take that into consideration when arranging for your lodging. Shop around before booking at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ryanwest
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 March 2012

You could not want more attention than you'll get at this hotel. The staff (notably JasonS & Shawn) were extremely helpful handling my bags and travel needs during a tightly scheduled business trip.

There attentiveness and willingness were much appreciated.

BTW - the room and view of north Phoenix, especially the evenings, were excellent as well.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights this week. I highly recommend it. The rooms are new, clean and extremely comfortable. Flat screen TV, coffee makes with Starbucks in the room. The hotel gym is one of the best I have ever been in. The staff is engaging, very friendly and helpful. They make you feel that they truely value your patronage. Hotel is in a great location close to sporting venues and a variety of restaurants. I would definitley stay here again.

Room Tip: I was on the 13th and 6th floors. Only difference is the higher the floor the better the view
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I had a wonderful stay at your hotel during the SNAXPO convention. In addition to the overall quality service, I would like to personally mention one of your staff, Lindsay Leaferts. Lindsay is a server in the lobby coffee shop. As I was struggling with a printer and my laptop. Lindsay offerd to assist me connect to the system and download a very important document that I needed for the convention. Thanks to Lindsay I was able to print the documents and have them ready in time for a meeting with a very important client. Lindsay did not have to offer her services as she was busy behind the coffee counter, but thank god she did. She saved me that day. Lindsay deservs a big hand. My many thanks Mark Carlson [--].

Seattle
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I wouldn't stay in downtown Phoenix normally when traveling to AZ, but I would definitely recommend the Sheraton for work travel. From the outside it looks like it could be a little outdated, but they have obviously redone the interior fairly recently and the rooms are great. Modern, spacious, comfortable beds, etc. Room service was quick and very good as well. Also, instead of having me take a cab a short distance the man outside had their airport shuttle drive me so I didn't have to pay for a cab (very nice I thought). I did think it was a bit strange though - the day I was checking out, housekeeping came before 9AM, and then I was packing later that morning (close to, but not after checkout time), the woman came back and told me she would help me tidy up the room as I finished packing. Obviously wanting me out of there... strange. Overall, would recommend though!