“Road noise & very slow front desk.”

Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road
Ranked #86 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
New Jersey
“Road noise & very slow front desk.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Good location but a tad too close to I17 if you are on the wrong side of hotel. Very loud Decent room but nothing special. Third floor smelled a tad funky as you get off the elevator. The front desk guy was totally overwhelmed with one check in and one phone call. Took
15 minutes to check in plus goofy policy & fee for the in room safe. At least interior corridors.

• Stayed January 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

The staff here is very friendly, and made us feel very welcome. The room is a great room for the price you pay. Don't expect a 5 star room, but for $50/night, it exceeded my expectations. Great location, near a grocery store and a fun bar/restaurant. I will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Phoenix.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
, Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Thank you so much for your positive comments! Each month we post our Trip advisor reviews for all staff to see. I know they were very grateful to see your positive feedback. Our staff really are committed to making our guests' experience the best possible, and our newly renovated rooms with new beds and flat screen TV's has added that little extra to put us over the top. Thank you again for your review. Please feel free let us know if there is anything we can do!

i0250@redroof.com
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

Third time I stayed here. Great value. Very clean. Nice people at front desk. Convenient location. Nice pool area. The only complaint is highway noise. I asked for a quiet room for all 3 stays - they gave me rooms at rear so highway noise did not bother me. Very happy with cost and quality. I wish they had a cheap breakfast other than coffee, but there is a Denny's close by. I do recommend this hotel. It is not the Marriott Desert Ridge, but it is a great value.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from highway noise.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Thank you so very much for your review. We see you've stayed with us various times over the last year, and we've been able to surpass your expectations. That's GREAT! As a manager it is wonderful to see positive feedback for the staff. They certainly deserve it! We make it a point to post all reviews for the staff to see.
Your two reviews for the property were in March of this year and November. These two stays were before and after the renovation; we’d love to hear your feedback on the new carpet, flat panel TV's, and new bedding. Have a wonderful holiday season! We look forward to being able to serve you again soon.

i0250@redroof.com
colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay and this hotel fit the bill. It is basic -- don't expect frills. There is a pool that looked clean and the lobby is simple but tidy. The hotel grounds are clean as well. The hotel is 100% non-smoking; however, I did not care for people standing right outside the back entrance to smoke. I wish the hotel provided a designated smoking area on the grounds.

I had a superior king room with flat screen TV, small fridge and microwave, and in-room coffee and the room was quite comfortable. The only thing it lacks is extra pillows and blankets in the room; my blankets were thin and I could have used another one, but I did not want to disturb the front desk late at night.

The hotel is on a frontage road adjacent to I-17, but my room was in the back of the hotel and I did not hear any street noise. I didn't really hear the neighbors, either, except when people chose to chat in the hallway.

The neighborhood itself is a bit sad -- there is a half-empty mall around the corner -- but there are plenty of things to do within easy driving distance. Oh, and this is Phoenix, so you will need a rental car if you stay here. Even though the neighborhood is sad, I felt perfectly safe staying here.

All in all, for the great rate I had at this hotel, I feel like I got a great value for my travel dollar, and I would stay here again if I needed comfortable, basic accommodations.

Room Tip: My room was at the back of the hotel and I did not hear any freeway noise at all.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your review. As a manager, it is always exciting to have your staff recognized for their hard work. We make it a point to display all reviews for them to see. We call it our "Wall of Fame". Guest feedback is one of our best resources. I did see your comments regarding some of our guests smoking outside the back door. We will make sure to make our smoking guests more aware of the two designated smoking areas on property. Thank you for bringing that to our attention. We are also delighted that you noticed our renovation. We're very excited about our new rooms. The 100% smoke free, flat screen TV's, new carpets, and new bedding have been the biggest hits, based on guest response.
We look forward to your next stay with us. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Red Roof Inn Phoenix North
17222 N. Black Canyon Hwy.
Arvada, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

The room was large and clean. The AC worked wonderfully and was very quiet. I thought the bed was good but I didn't like the pillows. Do not - repeat - do not accept a room on the first or second floor on the south end (I think) of the building near the stairway. Very, very noisy at all hours with people coming and going and the exit door slamming. There are restaurants within walking distance and a Denny's and gas station across the street by the freeway entrances. The desk clerk was very sweet and friendly but even though she knew that my friend and I had been traumatized by an accident and that we needed a safe and quiet place to stay, she stuck me with the noisy stairway anyway. Go figure. Read the info sheet you fill out at check-in as there is a $ 1.50 charge for the safe that you can request to have removed. My friend and I stayed there because we took a wrong turn and the road deadended at this Red Roof Inn. Next time I would request a room that is not near the exit stairway. I just didn't know better when we checked in and, frankly, I was too wiped out and traumatized to complain. The coffee served in the lobby was excellent with flavored creamers available. I would recommend this hotel with the above written caveats.

• Stayed October 2011
Thank you very much for your response. Guest feedback is the life-blood of the hospitality industry. Without our guests, we have no industry, so feedback is vital. I did want to thank you for the kind words towards out front desk agent. She will be delighted to see those. I did want to also apologize about the noise problems you experienced. We've done what we can with insulation, windows, etc to minimize the freeway noise; however noisy guests can be a frustrating experience. Thank you for making us aware. We will be using this as a great opportunity to train our security and night staff to ensure the best possible night's sleep for our guests.
We hope your enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms. We finished the renovation in early October. The 100% smoke free, flat screen TV's, new carpet, and updated bedding have gotten the most positive response from our guests. We would be very interested to hear what your opinion on the renovation is. If there is anything that we can help you with, please don't hesitate to let us know!

i0250@redroof.comi0250@redroof.com
Florence, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights. I arrived early at noon and they allowed me to check-in early which I appreciate. The hotel looks like it may have been built in the early 1980's and the only real complaint I have is the entrance roadway. When I was there in January, there were potholes 2 feet in diameter and almost a foot deep. I'm not kidding. It was like driving on the moon! I assume they've fixed them by now.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Woodbridge NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

Stayed here for a week to visit family, Check in was quick and easy, room was 242 on the 2nd floor. The room was large, beds were comfortable and had all the immenities you would expect from a Red Roof inn minus a refrigerator and microwave. They had a pool for the hot days I stayed and provided newspapers and cofee each morning, no breakfast.
There is a Fry's Grocery store right accross from the hotel, a discount movie theather next door, and many fast food restraunts nearby , including a Crackerbarrell, which always has good food. This property is right off I-17 and Bell Rd, but you dont hear any noise in the room.
Over all for the money $44 per night I would reccomend this hotel, just be aware at checkout to tell the person to remove the $1.50 per day safe charge, or it will be included.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family