Review Highlights
Got to Keep Your Drives Straight.

This course was very challenging but well worth it. The fairways play long and the greens are fast... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Michael G
Layton, Utah
I had fun!

I was impressed with this course! This being a municipal course, I thought the conditions were... read more

Reviewed May 27, 2018

from US$135.50
from US$169.00
from US$184.11
More Info
All reviews fairways tees municipal shape pace hole desert
Reviewed March 4, 2017 via mobile

A lovely course to play at a good price during peak season at an unhurried pace. The greens are quick and consistent, the hazards are well placed and the end of the front nine presents a challenge at just the right time. Humble pie with a thrill of accomplishment! Loved the course and had a great time! (Also - nice deep sand in the bunkers - a great beach holiday in the desert!)

Reviewed March 2, 2017 via mobile

My friend and I played Aquila golf course. We really enjoyed ourselves. It started in the pro shop where we were given a lot of good information as this was our first time to play there. The driving range and the multiple practice putting greens were all in good shape. The fairways, greens and tee boxes were all in good shape. The rough was what I have deemed Arizona public golf course winter rough. There is not much grass to hit balls from and we did roll our ball on occasion when it was sitting on dirt. The greens were very nice: quick and quite true. I had one of my better putting games. The course had enough contour to keep it interesting. The mountain views were spectacular. We will play there again.

Reviewed February 27, 2017 via mobile

Booked what we thought was a great deal on GolfNow, only to find out that we booked the par three so be sure to read the fine print when booking on an external site. The staff was very accommodating and gave us a refund and let us play the regular course. Only had to wait about 40 minutes but they gave us each a bucket of balls to use while we waited.

The fairways were good and the greens were very fast. The views of the mountains were amazing! Would play this course again.

Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

Nice municipal Course offering some good challenges with water, sand traps and some narrower fairways.

Greens were in good shape and fairly fast with lots of break.

Got a very good deal for green teens on TeeOff.com

Reviewed February 8, 2017

Continuing my quest to golf all of the Phoenix Metro area golf courses. Aguila was easy to find. There was no bag drop to speak of. Thankfully the parking lot was very close by. After paying up and ... signing for a cart, I was hoping to get a bloody mary, but the person that was supposed to work the dining/bar area had not arrived. The bathrooms were acceptable.

I found my cart easy enough and loaded my bag on it. I had a few minutes before I was supposed to tee off so I waited around the cafe area hoping they would open. No luck, and this is why I always bring water with me.

At the first tee was a starter. I guess their purpose was to make sure you teed off in order. The tees were well marked and also had the cement distance markers in the ground at them.

At the second or third hole I was approached by two road runners looking for a hand out. Unfortunately for them I had no food.

The fairways were well maintained but the greens had a horrible bumpy cut that reminded me of an old washboard. I found myself 3 putting often with some of the extra putting due to the green cut.

I called in a dining order at the start of the 9th hole, where I saw the phone # was posted. The person did make it to work so I was going to get a blood mary after all :). It was just ok with no vegetation.

The course did get monotonous after awhile and combined with the poorly cut greens, I am not looking forward to returning.

More details I post at CrankyGolf.com,