Review Highlights
Got to Keep Your Drives Straight.

This course was very challenging but well worth it. The fairways play long and the greens are fast... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Michael G
Layton, Utah
I had fun!

I was impressed with this course! This being a municipal course, I thought the conditions were... read more

Reviewed May 27, 2018

from US$135.50
from US$169.00
from US$184.11
More Info
All reviews fairways tees municipal shape pace hole desert
Reviewed May 16, 2018

Aguilar was in good condition, but frankly, it was uninspiring. There were two or three holes that were interesting, the rest were back and forth and the same over and over. No bar, no cart girl, no food, and next to no water on the course to drink.
All this of $51 in May???? Not a deal. The place wasn't crowded, so the word must have already gotten out. A nice round, just not memorable

Reviewed February 12, 2018

We had some extra time in the morning and played the par 3 course. It was a nice warm-up and not a lot of cactus to dig through for wayward balls. The tees and greens were well kept, but it was pretty scrubby in the middle. Would be a great place to take a new player. There was no one behind or ahead of us and we could play at our leisure. You can't beat that for $10!

Reviewed December 11, 2017

I love winter in the desert and golf should be a requirement when visiting Phoenix! The greens are very fast but wonderful. The shape of the terrain feeds your ball to the fairway. This is an inexpensive public course and the play is slow certain times of the day but we had a great time and I only lost one ball.

Reviewed April 26, 2017

Excellent course design, have been playing every year we travel to Phoenix. But played on April 18/17, right after green areation and sanding. Fine sand equalled concrete like greens. Could not get balls to hold on green or judge appropriate putting weight. Ugh, 6 three putts for me an 5 three putts for partner. Hope greens improve shortly! Otherwise every other aspect was good to very good!

Reviewed March 27, 2017

Staying with friends we decided to try this public course because, well, it was cheaper than a lot of courses that are packed with tourists when spring training baseball is in town. My friend had played it before so although it was nearly an hour across town, we went.

I am no priss when it comes to golf courses but this was a dissapointment. The burnt out fairways were lined with ragged bushes in good need of a prune. The greens were better but still lumpy as you might expect on a heavily played public course. But what really hurt the experience for me was the slowly increasing pace of play.

We walked off after 16. We had waited for nearly 10 minutes for the green to clear before paying that hole so we knew as we came up to the next tee box, the wait would be even longer. It simply wasn't worth the pain of playing the last two holes in 45 minutes when we had played the first 9 in just over two hours.

Maybe a different time of the day, or a different time of the year, but on this day the experience was poor.