“Comfortable and Convenient”

Ranked #71 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Tucson, Arizona
“Comfortable and Convenient”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This extended stay hotel provides exactly what it advertises, a convenient and comfortable place to stay. The whole hotel has just been renovated. The kitchen is new and fully stocked with utinsels for two. The bathroom has been revamped and is spacious for an extended stay. The mattress is new and was reasonably comfortable. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. As always with Candlewood the cupboard provided a clean place to pick up snacks and sundries we had forgotten as well as to do laundry. We found the interior corridors tp be a security bonus.
An additional bonus is a great seafood restaurant within walking distance.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter. Try to get a room away from I-17.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Claremont, California
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Whenever I travel I always look for a Candlewood Suites first. I have never had a bad experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We paid top $ 150 night for four nights but it was high season. Able to enjoy smoking suite with really nice space. Full kitchen with all the basics. Seperate bedroom so I can sleep In!!
Small living room that enabled us to have two friends to visit. Modern size bath with my favorite- shelves to put all our bath stuff. Checked in on Sunday and clerk was one of the best I have ever dealt with. Helped us to find several places we wanted to go. There is adequate gym and decent pool .I even enjoyed seeing others dogs as I was missing mine.
My only complaint we had to leave and go other place our last night in town as they were booked!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Chino Valley, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My husband and I only needed to stay in Phx for one night, but the room and hotel were so nice I wish we could have stayed longer! They are just completing a huge remodel, and we were the first to stay in our room. We were very impressed with the kitchen area and bathroom, and the bed was very comfy. Loved the "hotel cupboard" which had meals as well as snacks that you purchased on the honor system, and we notied that the new large laundry was free. Everyone was very friendly and helpful! Would definitely recommend to anyone for any stay length/need.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Carol S
Alisha T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Thank you Carol for your wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us!
We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Arizona
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Recently stayed for two days at Candlewood Suites for a business trip. The room was about what you expect. The only real complaints were that the AC unit exuded a cigarette smell (easily cured with a Lysol spray) and some of the television channels were pretty fuzzy. My partner said his TV only received a few channels clearly, but he didn't really watch much. The bathroom floor could use a cleaning with bleach.
The hotel as a whole is clean, has an honor-system "Cupboard" with snacks, frozen dinners, and drinks that is combined with a free laundry (accesible with the room card), a pool and hot tub, and an exercise room.
The location is a bit of a problem as it is on the I17 frontage road. This means that north is the only direction you can go when leaving. To go south, you have to go north and back to the southbound side. The "Enter" sign is small and is obscured by landscaping shrubs until you are just at it. However, the hotel has access to the biking trail of a city park, which means that taking a walk for exercise or fresh air is just a matter of walking through the pool area and out a gate.
Aside from traffic noise from the Interstate, it was pretty quiet. There are signs up all over announcing a renovation project scheduled to start in December 2011. The kitchenette was clean and had just about everything you might need in this sort of room.
Comparing Candlewood to the business suites just south of it, Candlewood is the much better choice.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Jster
Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate you bringing the smoke smell issue to our attention, we will be sure to address this issue immediately! Also, once our renovation is complete this month we will be receiving all new flat screen TVs with HD, so this should resolve our fuzzy TV issue.

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Alisha Tillotson
Farmington
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I called ahead approx. 2-3 weeks and booked the room. The staff member that I spoke with was friendly, informative and accomodating. I arrived here in Phoenix the middle of August. The check-in was seamless and the woman at the front desk very pleasant. She called after about an hour to see if I had everything I needed or if she could be of assistance. Good business! Not sure how old this hotel is, but the owner's have done a nice job in keeping it fairly well updated and very clean. I recently heard that they are going to go through and do an upgrade! I had one issue with noise, but it's due to circumstances they can't control. The location of my original room is right between the stairs and the elevator. I didn't hear too much noise from the elevator, but every time someone went up/down the stairs (and it was often!) it sounded like a herd of elephants coming through my bedroom wall and ceiling! I am a night worker/day sleeper and you can imagine how little sleep I was getting...even with earplugs shoved into my ears! I liked my room and didn't really want to move so I tried sleeping in my living room on the sofa. No go. It was still way too noisy! The desk staff were VERY accomodating and moved me to a different room. I was able to stay on the first floor (my preference) and keep my poolside view! Very nice. They gave me ample time to move and didn't rush me. I'm extremely satisfied with my new room AND the manner in which it was handled! Maintenance is very knowledgeable and quick to respond, housekeeping is excellent as well. Can't say enough good about the front desk staff, too. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone I know and will stay here again without hesitation!

Room Tip: I would advise against taking the rooms near the stairwell. It's a carpeted wooden stairwell in...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank leisa40
Anytown, USA
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I have stayed at this property a few times during my trips to Phoenix. Location (next to I 17) is a big plus.
The front desk staff is helpful. It is moderately priced, especially for extended stay though the property is a bit older.
I would recommend this for a no-frills extended business stay, especially for those looking for a kitchen in suite.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business