“Wide selection and yummy!”

Green New American Vegetarian
Ranked #129 of 3,412 Restaurants in Phoenix
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

A local sent my daughter and me here upon learning I am vegan. We were not disappointed. I had the classic burger and roasted Brussels sprouts. They were crunchy and fantastic. He burger was very good. My daughter ordered the “chicken” curry cous-cous bowl. It had wonderful flavors and the portion was generous. They also have a wide selection of micro craft beers. I came to understand Phoenix locals are beer snobs. Highly recommend this place to vegans and non-vegans alike

Reviewed March 14, 2018

Yeah, that was great! We got lucky and timed our visit between the crowds, somehow.. there were a dozen people in line when we left. (This does my little vegan heart good, btw) I listened to the server and ordered the "taco of the day" which was crispy potato with chipotle spices and peppers, and my hubby got a burger and "animal" fries.. I also ordered my favorite, brussel sprouts, which were caramelized and delicious. We will have to return and try more items - my husband particularly liked the name of one of the drinks, the "electric nectar."

Reviewed March 4, 2018

Casual dining with two patios and indoor dining (the front patio has more vehicular traffic to contend with).

The counter person recommended "The Big Wac" - a delicious veggie burger. My husband ordered the "Three Fighting Artichokes" - a bowlful of veggies and artichokes that he loved. We also ordered the "Spinach Fundido Dip" with tortilla chips as an appetizer and were not disappointed. Everything we ordered was delicious.

Reviewed February 21, 2018

OK, if the food didn't taste so good Green New American Vegetarian would only merit two stars. The portions are small (just a burger without fries? C'mon). And the restaurant abuts a noisy roadway, the sounds of which fill the front of the restaurant when the front wall (basically a garage door) is open. But the food is indeed great.

Also, while the place is called "vegetarian" it is actually all vegan.

2  Thank QuinnTheInuit
Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

I love this place! I could eat the Brussels sprouts off of appetizer menu daily! Perfect amount of crispy seasoned crunch eat one! The nut butter chocolate bars @checkout are divine! I’ve tried several menu entrees yet my go-to is the Thai Penut rice bowl overflowing with broccoli goodness(not mushy/overlooked EVER) the rice is perfectly steamed(texture is everything)& I always choose the House tofu. It is the only time I eat tofu truthfully. Enjoy!!! PS-pricing and quantity is superb