“Great Stay On Business ”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix
Ranked #4 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Kimpton Palomar Hotel is stunning to say the least! My company flew me out and put me up here at this swanky boutique hotel and I’ve gotta say I’m a bit spoiled now because of this.

Once upon a time I use to belong to the Kimpton Rewards program back when I was traveling a lot more often to the cities that they have properties l. I was instantly reminded upon arrival why I missed staying with them. The service here is great and everybody that I encountered was very helpful.

The room I received was on a nice high floor just like I like and out of the rest of my co-workers it sounds like I got one of the better rooms. My queen room overlooked downtown Phoenix with a nice view of the stadium to the left. Now if you are wanting a “quiet” type of stay I wouldn’t recommend room 618. If there is any kind of event like basketball game or anything you will hear ALL of the commotion that goes on down at the stadium. I had the luck of there being a baseball game AND basketball during my stay lol Growing up in a city this type of stuff doesn’t bother me so I don’t mind at all. My room was cozy and I really fell in love with the bathroom and amenities.

If you are interested in a complimentary wine hour they do this from 5PM-6PM for hotel guest only! Looking to go to the gym? No worries just walk right across to the EOS fitness and show your room key for free entry! Make sure you check out that gorgeous rooftop pool.This hotel literally has it all!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Niels V, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

So happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and that we have you back as a loyal guest of Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants. We are proud of what we have to offer and look forward to seeing you back at either our hotel or in one of the other 63 Kimpton's soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If you are looking for a centrally located downtown hotel with a modern, client centered atmosohere look no further! This hotel has it all: location, decor and very friendly staff. The pool on the third level is very nice; however, it is open to the public (with the understanding they order food/beverages from attached bar). It can get crowded which is disappointing if you are actually staying here. The access to EOS fitness across the courtyard is another great perk. Not a family hotel. Eric (front desk supervisor) was extremely kind and helped us secure late check out.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Andrea, happy to hear that you had a lovely stay in our hotel and that Eric was able to get you to stay a little longer... Hope to see you back soon again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was visiting to attend and event. Great location for many venues. Staff is very friendly and professional. the rooms very classy and comfortable. The bar & restaurant has a nice selection of food & drinks.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Niels V, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Mr. Conway,

thank you so much for the review and for staying at the Palomar PHX. We always like to see visitors from our neighboring communities. Look forward to a visit in Sedona soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Pros. Great downtown location, big room, two good restaurants-one for breakfast, one for dinner.
Con. I don't get the new trend in showers. First, you need to be in the shower to turn on the water. Second, there's no door, so water gets everywhere.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello, thanks for staying with us. If there is one thing I could change it would probably be to have the shower controls on the other side when entering. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed all of our other amenities.

Insider tips; if you stay in our 2 Bed Queen rooms we have tubs eliminating the problem with the glass wall. Also our studios, corner suites have a great walk-in in shower with a full door and deep soaking tub...

Hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is wonderful. The staff is always happy and friendly. At 5:00 each night, there is free wine and freshly made pizza bites and the opportunity to meet new people in a comfortable area of couches and a fireplace.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Chris G, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

191LaurieF ,

Thank you for making us your second home. Kimpton is obsessed with providing a warm and genuine atmosphere where you truly feel like you are staying with family. Don't make it too long before you come see us again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff was amazing and so friendly and helpful, my pet was welcomed, the location was terrific, the beds were so comfortable. Just loved this visit and can’t wait to come back. The decor is beautiful and relaxing and it is a very vibrant scene. There are clubs nearby, so music at night on the weekend was a bit loud, but we had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Kerry O,

Thank you for the fantastic review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed all of the elements that create this Kimpton style of hospitality. As Phoenix continues to grow, so does the downtown scene. Now if only we could get them to pipe down at times. Look forward to seeing you again. All the best!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We love the staff and atmosphere of this Hotel so when traveling for a concert at CoAmerica it was a given to stay here. Upon our arrival we were notified that the Pool was closed due to a private party. Our girls were a little bummed. The purpose of us staying there was not to travel back home tired but due to the Club across the way playing music til 230am we ended exhausted then next moring. We paid way too much for a one night stay to get no sleep. Blue Hound is delish! We ordered the Shrimp and Grits, Ragu, and Pesto. Our old fashion drink was fantastic and beautiful. We will question staying here in the future, no compensations were made.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

838shannanw,

Thank you for the review and I am very sorry for some of the hiccups you encountered while with us. We want every element of your stay to be perfect and the fact that we did not fully execute is disappointing. Please feel free to reach out to us directly as we would love to get the chance to make the wrong, right for you. All the best!