All reviews room was clean convention center ball park microwave cereal
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Went to check into this Super 8 Friday afternoon for a ball game. The front desk service was beyond rude. I gave him my confirmation number and he claimed that the confirmation was for the following week. Started to insist that I made the reservation wrong. I asked him if he still had rooms available. He took my card and charged it for the two nights. (He was training a new receptionist) He told me to cancel the confirmation for next week or he would charge me again. I asked him to cancel the reservation and he said no, started getting belligerent. People were starting to line up behind me and my husband.

I told him I wasn't coming back next week because I needed the room for this weekend only for 2 nights. He decided he didn't want to talk to me anymore. He started talking to my husband and when I interrupted him he yelled "I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to him!" I told him"When you talk to him, you are talking to me!" He said he was cancelling our room. I called the corporate office. Apparently they take their own reservations at this hotel and put mine in for the wrong date. Corporate showed the correct date.

Corporate cancelled the original reservation and booked us in Phoenix metro North.

Got to the new hotel. Bugs everywhere. Homeless people lying on the steps and grounds. Cold water only. Filthy room all together. We went home after the first night. We will never stay at a Super 8 again.

Run away quickly!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2017

Cold water supply pipes were loudly banging at all hours of the night and day. This problem could be fixed easily by securing them with stand-off wall anchors and wrapping them with tubes of foam sheath. The cold water supply pipes loudly bang whenever the cold water is running in the sink while the toilet tank is refilling at the same time. The banging doesn't stop until the sink and the toilet stop running simultaneously. I heard this banging emanating from the wall in my hotel room, and also from all of the surrounding hotel rooms. The hotel owner stated that this wasn't worth fixing because he plans to demolish the hotel in 2 years. Consequently, the hotel's guests will continue to be awakened at all hours of the night until the hotel is eventually torn down because the owner is too cheap to fix it. PS - your radio button options in this online survey for Service, Cleanliness, Value, Location, Sleep Quality, and Rooms automatically and irrevocably select the "Excellent" option regardless of which radio button is selected!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed August 2, 2017

The room was clean and the furniture somewhat updated so I give it a passing grade since I had no problems and the fridge and micro were definitely a plus. Breakfast room is too small and fare was really continental, so emergency food only. Wanted something close to ball park and this place is, so it worked. Neighborhood is safe.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2017

When considering price, value and location Super 8 Downtown Phoenix has it all.

Getting there: Take the Sky Train from PHX airport (free) to 44th Street Light Rail Station. At the station you can purchase a all-day pass with card or cash for $4. Take the LRT west and get off at 12th St and Washington station. From there you will walk 2 blocks north and voila!

The staff are very kind and check in was smooth. I arrived a few hours before check-in but they had no problem giving me a room ahead of time. They noticed I had my cell in hand and asked if I would be needing wifi, when I said yes they changed rooms so that I would be closer to the lobby where the signal would be stronger.

The room was well kept, with cable TV, wifi, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker and most importantly AC.

I will recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Phoenix and return if I am ever back in town.

Room Tip: Wifi is not so strong so if you will be needing it request a room with the strongest signal.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business