See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 9, 2017

This motel has a bad name but let me tell you my stay was great . The guest that I have talked to was telling me how this place was really bad and the truckers I meet said the samething and never came came until resent and they even say it has change for the good. The pool was a nice change in this hot weather and Barbecue grill for the guest to use. The manager and her staff are doing a great job. I was there for a week and noticed every night she was out there making sure that the homeless people and non registered guest were not just walking around if they were not a guest they don't belong there and I felt safe for that. The rooms were clean and smelt fresh and the smelt fresh. The bar and restaurant was a great place for breakfast ( the motel gave me a coupon for $2.00 off and the staff in that place was very friendly. I would be staying again next time I am in Phoenix again. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool are nice
Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Management response:Responded September 11, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review the motel. As for me the manager and my staff we are trying to really clean this motel up. I will make sure i pass this on to the restaurant side also. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

Probably one of the worst hotels I've ever been in. The staff was nice, but not worth it.

Non smoking room stank SO BAD of cigarettes. It smelled like an old seedy bar. The carpet was disgusting, I didn't want to walk on it barefoot. Creepy people with garbage bags lurking outside. Found an unknown pill on the floor that we couldn't identify on Google. NO SHOWER CURTAIN!! Surcharge for WiFi?? Really? After all of that? Chairs that looked like they were picked out of a dumpster.

I honesty would pay more to sleep somewhere else.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2017 via mobile

Only a $15 cab from Phoenix Sky harbour (it was ~$13 but it's a $15 min).

The taxi driver warned me it was rough and there were a few suspect people hanging around but they kept to themselves.

The room was $40 for one night and the room was very basic. Pretty rubbish old fashioned big TV, basic shower and sink. The room aircon was good if a bit loud.

The bar is good, the locals (mostly truckers) are really friendly and my English accent won them over!! The burger was great and only $10; 25oz domestics are $4.25. Pretty easy to relax and didn't feel any need for the taxi driver warnings.

Yeah, it's on the wrong side of town and the we're some dodgy looking people lurking, but it was $40, it felt safe, there's a McDonalds next door with free wifi and the bar was ok.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed March 5, 2017

Like a lot of people, I made the mistake of booking this place. Originally booked for two nights, stayed for one...and I regret even doing that. The staff members were friendly enough, but I should have left after seeing the room. Booked non-smoking, and room reeked of cigarettes. It was obvious that many of the people around us were residents. My only assumption is that the government is using this hotel for section 8. Upon arriving to the room, I was immediately asked about what happened to the people who were in the room previously, because the neighbors had "partied" with the previous tenants. From there on it was nothing but a hub of activity, cars & people coming and going at all hours. There was fairly constant yelling/shouting, drama/fights between individuals outside the room, etc. Upon leaving to get some food I was cussed out by an incoherent individual for a reason I didn't comprehend. I was finally able to catch some sleep around midnight when things quieted down some, only to be woken up at 4 by loud banging on my door. I didn't answer, but the individual was looking for someone seemingly named "Goji." Checked out around 6am, got a refund for the 2nd night and moved over to Scottsdale for the remainder of the trip. Another side note: This place is close to the airport and is actually in the flight path of the inbound flights. Do yourself a favor and don't go cheap in Phoenix...

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Bob A
Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

I think this is the worst hotel I have ever seen. It was cheap is the reason I booked it. I never really paid attention to s hotel Lobby, but I did this time. There were several unappealing people hanging out, and the couch had a cover thrown over it. I got the room key and went to the room. On the way there were people just hanging out at all of the stairs ways. They were smoking and just staring. When I opened the door the room it had a smell and was ugly. The last straw was the bathroom the shower was broken and so was the plug for the bath. There was no possible was to get clean. I went directly to the front desk. after passing groups of people again. I told the front desk clearly that I just didn't the feel safe enough to stay here, and the bathroom was broken. She said she understands and gave me a complete refund. I have to say the best thing this hotel has is Nubia the front desk clerk. My best advice is book somewhere else it can be cheap but not there. That exactly what I did.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family