“Delicious food, great setting!”
Review of Canyon Cafe

Canyon Cafe
Ranked #83 of 3,314 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, View, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our Mission at Canyon cafe is to skillfully prepare and creatively present food & beverages influenced by the American Southwest. Guests may enjoy our hand-shaken Margaritas, our Chef's signature creations, or foods you know with a unique Southwest twist. let us provide you with a truly enjoyable meal and experience. We want you to leave happy and return often!
Reviewed April 4, 2018

While visiting family in Phoenix, we had a wonderful dinner here. The service was efficient and courteous; our server was helpful in answering our questions about menu items. We were all pleased with our selections.
It was a perfect evening to dine outside and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.

CanyonCafe, Manager at Canyon Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

First off thank you for joining us last night. Our patio is has always been a hit whenever the weather allows it. Hope you would be joining us on your next trip out.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

The food was great and the waitress very patient at explaining what things were to a total novice to Mexican food. They coped really well with a large crowd of us who were demob happy after a 4 day event. They were able to speed up one order as one of our group had to rush off to get a plane.

CanyonCafe, Manager at Canyon Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Hi, Wendy I really appreciate the feedback. I'm glad we where able to accommodate your group. It would be a pleasure to serve you again.

Reviewed March 31, 2018

We're staying at the Westin and Google Maps said Canyon Cafe is .2 miles away. However, its instructions weren't accurate, and they are doing construction work on the Arizona Center mall that it's in, so it took us much longer than it should have to find it.

However, the food was well worth the extra trouble. It's southwestern/Mexican fare for the most part but with a few twists. The guacamole is made fresh at your table, and is very good - plus the server shows you all the ingredients and asks if all of them are okay with you, so if (for example) you don't like onions, or lime, or whatever, you can ask for it to be left out. Nice.

I also have to make note of this: Best. Chips. Ever. And hailing from Texas, and having traveled a good bit in the western part of the country, I've had a LOT of chips. These were just slightly puffy, and had seasoning on them that really enhanced the flavor. The chips and guacamole alone would have made a great meal.

In fact, I almost wished I hadn't ordered an entree when I saw the size of the guacamole. But I had already ordered chicken fajitas, and they were some of the best I've had. Huge juicy strips of chicken breast - I think I got both breasts from a large chicken. There was no way I could eat it all, and in fact after I'd already filled and eaten three tortillas, it looked as if I had barely touched the plate of fajitas. My husband got the bison and it was enormous too, two huge chunks of meat. Both came with black beans and rice.

I had them box up half of mine so I could try the fried banana dessert. It was wrapped in a flaky tortilla and covered with chocolate sauce and served with vanilla ice cream and it was simply delicious.

The atmosphere was a little loud but otherwise very nice. We sat outdoors and it was comfortable despite the temperature. The server was very friendly and when my husband asked her if she knew the name of the song that was playing, she went to find out for him. That's definitely going above and beyond.

I didn't get a drink (just water) but my husband got the 2 limit rico margarita and seemed to enjoy it a lot. I would happily eat here again - but only when I'm VERY hungry since the portions are so big.

Thank you for the review. Glad to hear that our chips are some of the best you have ever had. I appreciate the level of detail that your review went threw. The construction is on its final step to completion. Once it's done it will be much easier to find us. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

Outstanding Mexican food served fresh and huge servings! Local brews and Austin is a terrific server. The enchiladas are to die for!

Hi Guidob, thanks for taking to time to review us. I'm glad you had an opportunity to join us. Hope you have plans to visit us again.

Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

I had the blackened tuna and it was a true delight to eat. It was a perfect piece of tuna, done just beyond rare as I asked, spiced perfectly accompanied with incredible veggies and rice. This was a meal well done from the kitchen but the service was dismal. You don’t go through an entire meal and never see the server until it’s time for the check. No seeing man empty beer glass and asking if you wanted another; nope just drop off food and show up when the plate is empty, even though the place was not close to even being busy.

CanyonCafe, Manager at Canyon Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

Hi wkrupa, I'm glad that you enjoyed out Fire Grilled Tuna. It's one of my personal favorites. I'm sorry to hear that you had unsatisfying service. Trust me this isn't the norm. Thank you for the review and I wish that you would give us another chance.

Canyon Cafe