New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport

Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport
Ranked #23 of 177 Hotels in Phoenix
Oregon
“Very nice...would stay again. Only a couple of issues.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

This was a great place for us to base while in Phoenix. Easy to find, close to everything.

Staff was excellent. Woman at front desk (I can't remember her name) was amazing! Also has an INCREDIBLE memory.

Room big, extremely quiet at night.

The only two things I would say that are negatives are that there are no safes in the rooms. Yes, safe deposit is available, but that's a hassle. Come on, Radisson, put safes in the rooms!

The other is the bed. They feature Sleep Number beds. This was our first experience with Sleep Number beds, and I hope it's our last! Both my wife and I HATED the beds. Either too soft, too hard, never just right. Felt just like you are sleeping on an air mattress (which you are).

(I can't believe that anyone would pay good money to own one of them at home).

I imagine that they have non-Sleep Number bed rooms, but we didn't ask. In the future when we come back to Phoenix, I would ask to see if they had rooms with real beds.

(We've stayed in some "interesting" accomodations all over the world, so we just roll with the punches and make due).

In spite of the beds, it was a great palce to stay. With the caveat that I'd ask for a room without the Sleep Number bed, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without a Sleep Number bed.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CHAZ7475, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Thanks for your comments and sharing your thoughts on the friendly staff. As you mentioned we do carry an inventory of traditional mattress beds and those are available to anyone on request. We also offer a Business Class room that includes such amenities as In-Room Safe, Refrigerator, Microwave, Robe/Slippers, I-Home Clock and Complimentary Breakfast. That rate can be booked through our reservation center or website. I apologize that you did not have a great night's sleep and look forward to serving you in the future.
Ted Trembath - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

Before arriving at this hotel, I was a little concerned and somewhat suspicious because quite a few single-review contributors gave high marks to it. I did have previous experiences that high ranking of an establishment could be far from reality and was mostly due to a large number of non-trustworthy reviews. Fortunately, it was not the case here. I liked my two-night stay at this hotel, and next time I need to stay close to the PHX airport I will choose the Radisson again. Of course, it is not a 5-star (or even 4-star) hotel, but it is right near the top in the “value for money” category. It is not a vacation resort, so do not expect nice views out of the window, lush tropical grounds, etc. However, it is clean and the staff are polite and friendly. The room was spacious and adequately furnished. The bed with controllable firmness was very comfortable. The bathroom was nothing special, but clean. The restaurant and bar are decent. The business center has three PCs and a printer, free to use. There are a good exercise room and a small pool with a whirlpool (not an “infinity” pool, but again this not a resort). The access to the pool is locked until 6 am, which is probably not early enough for those of us from the east coast (I like to take a swim before breakfast). In summary, my experience with Radisson PHX Airport North was very positive.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank valeryg
CHAZ7475, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. Thanks for pointing out our clean friendly attributes. I will look into the pool opening time and I am sorry that limited your time in our pool. When you return, please request a Camelback view room on the 7th floor, hopefully we can change your mind on the lack of views. But most of all, we appreciate seasoned travelers sharing their reviews to help others feel comfortable staying with us in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

I've stayed at this hotel at least 10 different times during a 12 month period. I don't have any problems to check-in, always there are rooms availability, the staff is very welcoming, the room is clean and comfortable. no problems with internet. The food at the lobby bar (try the buffalo chicken salad or western hamburguer) is very good. Sometimes there are too many people for the one single waittress attending (who is very kind), but overall, when you ar sitting there watching a game, is not a big deal if waiting a little more for your food. Every face there is very kind and warm. The van drivers, the manager, the recepcionists, the clerks, the cleaning ladies, even the maintenace guy. Every time I check in I find a smile.

Room Tip: I don't have any! all the rooms are good :)
1 Thank Blanca R
CHAZ7475, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
II appreciate your not only taking the time to share your comments, but also for your loyalty to the Radisson Phoenix Airport! I will pass on your kind words to the team about the friendly staff and clean, comfortable accommodations. Our staff loves to take care of our guests and the smile is one of our ways of showing it to you. Hope to see you back soon:)
Saint James, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

We took a weeklong trip to Arizona a couple of weeks ago. Sedona, Grand Canyon, Page, then back to The Grand Canyon. The last night we wanted to stay closer to the airport so we chose Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport North. It is conveniently located a short drive from the rental car return complex.

We checked in on a late Thursday afternoon and were greeted promptly and friendly. The lobby and hotel appeared immaculate, and our room was no different. We were very pleased with it. The wireless internet was blazing fast. The only slight issue was that if you wanted a mini refrigerator in your room you could ask for one and pay extra for it. (There were several lined up in the hallway) Since we would only be there one night it was not a big deal at all, I got the cooler out of the car and used the ice machine.

Seeing as we were wrapping up a busy week our plan was to catch up on work emails, eat dinner in the hotel restaurant, and then kick back in the room with a few cold ones. That plan worked out very well. The restaurant was (completely) empty. The service was very good as were the nachos. My burger was decent. I forgot what my wife ordered but she liked it. The fries were really good.

The beds were very comfortable and we slept well. Our flight was not until about 11:30AM and we had a pleasant, fast checkout about 9:30AM. Good thing we left early! It was raining when we were checking out so I pulled the car around front to be under the overhang. We had to rearrange some items in the luggage so I took it out of the car and shuffled.

The woman at the hotel desk gave us printed, easy to follow directions including a place conveniently on the way to top off the tank. The drive was about 5-8 minutes. Once we got to the rental car return I realized I made a BIG mistake! When I was shuffling luggage I placed my laptop bag on the ground leaning against a pole about 25’ outside the hotel’s front door. Inside that bag were our tickets, passports, and GPS amongst other important items.

To say the least I panicked! I called the hotel and the woman who answered the phone (same one who checked us out) said “May I please put you on a brief hold”. My instant reply was “No please!!”. She graciously then asked how she can help me. I told her that we just checked out and I left my laptop bag outside the front door and was babbling something when she said “Don’t worry sir. I have it right here, someone turned it in”. I thanked her and said I’ll be right there.

When I walked in the front door of the hotel she saw me coming and handed me my laptop bag over the counter. I thanked her and bolted back to the rental car return where my wife was waiting. We had no problem catching our flight home to NY. I was extremely impressed with the staff and would like to say THANK YOU again. Our whole trip was great and I would have hated for it to end of a really bad note. Being (very) close to 50 years old and never having done something like that before it is nice to see there are nice people out there.

I would like to also thank the person who turned in my laptop bag. That was a great thing that you did and I truly appreciate it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Mike K
Thanks for taking so much time to share your wonderful experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am so happy that our staff was able secure the laptop. I appreciate all the other great comments about our convenient location, friendly staff and blazing fast internet. We hope to see you again,
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Great dissapointment but shouldn't have been surprised since it was "cheap" and previous reviews were not great.
Arrived a bit early - no rooms available to check in; no pleasantries passed; no smiles; no invitation to have a seat in the lobby area; no offer to check my luggage in the little bag room 2 feet from the reception clerk, in fact she simply kept repeating "no rooms until 3PM guaranteed" - a bit like speaking to a robot. So I dragged my bag out into the 100 degree heat to wait. At 2:30 I fronted up and was given a room - no smiles.
Elevator carpet filthy dirty; room comfortable appearing, bed and bath linens dingy gray, neither crisp nor fluffy.
Following morning made a number of attemps to log-on to internet as my rate supposedly included. No luck and no joy from reception, where they suggested it was due to hi-demand by other guests. If your band-width or whatever cannot accommodate guests when your property is heavily booked then close out the rates that include this amenity. It's pretty simple! Can't do it - don't adveritise it.
At check out asked to speak with GM - no GM on property only rooms manager. Never mind I'll just never come back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CharterHotelLady
CHAZ7475, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
I appreciate your feedback and am very sorry to hear of your unpleasant check-in process. Our policy is to take the cell phone number of any guest who has arrived with a clean room not available, then contact them immediately when one is available. In the past they have always waited comfortably in our lobby/lounge. I apologize that did not happen in your case and would love to speak to you further about your experience by contacting me at the hotel.

Our internet has been recently upgraded in terms of bandwidth and the only issues we hear about are connectivity with specific computer settings that can be easily remedied through our Front Desk or computer help line. Again I apologize that you had trouble that morning.

I apologize for the service you experienced as it is not indicative of our standards as you can see by the other reviews on Trip Advisor. It is unfortunate that you did not speak with our Director of Rooms who was available and is our Guest Service Champion of our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. But please know that your comments were heard by the General Manager and are being addressed.

Ted Trembath
Regional General Manager
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed for one night. The room with one King-sized bed was clean, organized well and decorated nicely. Bathroom was clean. Pool area was clean. Staff was friendly and welcoming. I would stay here again.

1 Thank Katherine M
Hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

The Hotel looks great from the outside - we saw the flowering Cactii in the parking area too. The interior of the Hotel was no disappointment and the staff were wonderful.

The stay was short but we felt relaxed straight away and the reception staff were pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was good and our waitress Kris was cheerful and helped our day get off to a great start.

We enjoyed our stay and would definitely come back again. Based right near the airport, the shuttle service was easy to use and there would be no reason to go anywhere else.

Ohh - and yes - the bed was really comfy too!

Thanks again!

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Fran D
CHAZ7475, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thanks for your wonderful comments. I will pass on the compliments to Kris in our restaurant, the team really appreciates being recognized for their hard work and guest service. Hope to see you again soon!

Ted Trembath