“Chicken resembles a piece of shoe leather”
Review of Angry Crab & Bbq

Angry Crab & Bbq
Ranked #180 of 3,288 Restaurants in Phoenix
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Came here as to what was told, it is delicious. I must have missed the excitement.. I ordered the cajun chicken sandwich. Should have been harmless. The chicken was obviously frozen, and grossly cooked to the point where it literally reminded me of chewing on a piece of shoe leather. The cajun fries were tasty. The gumbo was delicious. The sausage was, just okay. The gator-bites were also leather-like in texture and quality. Deb, the server was fantastic, highly recommend her and her efforts, she needs a raise. I wanted the po-boy sandwich, however, po-boys are NOT supposed to be served on kaiser rolls, so I passed... I would not return here.

4  Thank Curtez151

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

I have always loved shrimp so when someone suggested this place I was game.

Was a little surprised to find out they serve "boil" style, meaning you pick your seafood, seasonings and sauce, then add your sides. They put everything in a heavy bag which is then boiled.

Shrimp comes whole, so I paid the extra two bucks to have them deheaded. Was still a bit uneasy about having to deal off the shell. (No silverware, just the food and your hands like the Cajun gods intended). After the first one though, I could barely stop long enough to eat my red potatoes and corn on the cob.

Delicious is way to mild of a compliment.

Oh, you have to buy a pound minimum. I ate a dozen and had a dozen to take home, and was stuffed!

My wife had the BBQ platter and thought it was excellent as well!

Come hungry and enjoy!

Reviewed March 21, 2018

My son, Deron and I had the shrimp and sausage boil with # 3 heat, you can get it
even hotter going up to # 6...wow, lots of shrimp and a wonderful treat to eat.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

In Arizona we were looking for a good sea food, one of our friend suggested to try Angry Crab.

It was an amazing experience with food served in a plastic bag and you need to eat with your hands. Tools are provided to eat food.

Worth trying shrimps and lobster. If you like spicy food then worth visiting.

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I split a shrimp po' boy. The fried shrimp were a little bit undercooked, but the batter was crispy and light. Sweet potato fries were good enough. The Creole mustard detracted from the flavor of the shrimp and the tomatoes were sliced too thinly to register. I ate a shrimp that fell out of the bread, and by itself, it was way too salty. Waitress may have been an NPC. Maybe other menu items here are better, but I don't think we'll be back to find out.