“Floyd Jones made me feel right at home!”

Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel
Ranked #12 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Floyd Jones made me feel right at home!”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I really enjoyed my 5 day stay at the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown. Floyd Jones, Doorman, made me feel at home everyday. He greeted me by name every morning on my way to meetings, and every evening when I returned. His positive energy is a valuable asset to the hotel. Food was also great, housekeeping excellent, and front desk & navigator helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank khay007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Being greeted by Floyd at the front desk set the tone for a great stay. After meeting him once, he always remembered our names and greeted us with a smile. He's the best!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Stay was good rooms were in good condition. Service was good. This was my first time to Phoenix to visit my children and Geoff gave me great directions and places to eat. He made me feel right at home and comfortable. Phoenix is a great city and I will definitely be back to stay here.

• Stayed February 2012
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I stayed at the renaissance over Christmas for business and man oh man it was the best hotel I've ever been to. When I got there the first thing I noticed was the beautiful lobby and great atmosphere. Marble floors, spacious, trendy, and very comfortable. The rooms were also very good. They have been newly renovated and the beds are great!!!! They have a really cool bar area called ICON in the lobby which has great appetizers. Overall the hotel is great and if you are going to stay downtown this is by far the best hotel but I think the thing that made this hotel just that much better was the awesome staff. They were friendly, clean cut, fun, and professional. Amanda at the front desk is very sweet and was helpful at answering many of my questions and still was fast and efficient at check in. I also worked with two bellman on my trip. Thomas and Floyd. Thomas brought my things up to my room and was not only friendly but extremely informative about the room and before I even had to ask if he would get me ice he already had the ice bucket in hand and offered to get some for me ad Floyd saved me from being late to the airport on my checkout. I was running late and he made sure to have a car ready and waiting trunk open and all, the second I walked out the door. Great customer service!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Terrymiller19
Reviewed 8 February 2012

This hotel far exceeded my expectations. Great location right downtown, fabulous and friendly staff, and very sharp and comfortable rooms. The valet parking is a plus and the bar is a fun place to hang out and meet friends. Great experience and would definitely come back.

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank KJohnson6969
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 February 2012

My trip started off terrible with delayed flights and long layovers but as soon as I got to the now renaissance hotel everything was great. The bellmen (Thomas) who I later got to know as TJ was an absolute delight. As silly as this may sound he felt almost like a friemd by the time i left. He was there every single day of my stay and his smile was always warm and inviting. As soon as I got there he went above and beyond to cater to me so I could just relax and unwind after such a stressful day. In addition to that, the front desk staff was great and the room was BEAUTIFUL. Newly renovated and the bed was unbelievably comfortable. The lobby was pretty and had real flame candles lit every night to set a comfortable mood and the bar ICON was great. A little small in my opinion but otherwise wonderful. As a business traveler this may have been the best hotel I have been to and will be requesting to stay here whenever I am in phoenix.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Zac S
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 February 2012

The location of the hotel is great and they have made a major update. Upon checking in during a conference, they only had unrenovated rooms left, which would have been an upset except that the staff handled it extremely well and quickly provided acceptable concessions. The security/shipping staff also did an amazing job of handling a package that was accidentally shipped to the hotel after we left. They arranged to ensure it was shipped back to the shipper without any hassle, which was greatly appreciated.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room