All reviews large fridge parking structure staff was friendly and accommodating decent hotel pleasant stay light rail comfortable beds front desk staff spring training business trip osborne walgreens downtown
Reviewed July 7, 2018

To be fair, I was forced to stay here with a team participating in a tournament being held at the Phoenix convention center. I would never have selected this property myself - the reviews are mixed at best (many REALLY bad) and at a price point which seems regularly to be in a $50-100 range (we had to pay more due to the tournament) the old adage 'you get what you pay for' logically comes into play.

It smells bad - you notice it the minute you walk into the dingy and poorly lighted lobby/breakfast area. It may be a blessing that it is dimly lit because the whole area feels dirty - sticky tabletops, chipped/stained wall areas, closed (former) bar area (I'm guessing they lost their liquor license), etc. I sat there for several hours one day looking at an industrial size yellow mop/pail set that had been left in the middle of the floor...my other view was of a parade of men coming and going from the adult video store/"arcade" just next door. Very nice.

They have a breakfast there - but between the odor and the feeling of uncleanliness I did not elect to eat it. There is no restaurant. There is no (open) bar. We brought in take out food one night for the team and ate it in this area....we were told by the staff that we were not allowed to have our own beer or wine there even though they were not selling any. Well now isn't that convenient...plan to eat ALL your meals out and if on site you can only drink in your dingy room.

The bathtub was rusty and chipped...the AC did not work well (it was 115 degrees out so this is an issue) and was super loud.

The pool area looked like it had not been cleaned or restocked (no towels, plastic chairs in disarray) for some time. There was trash (floating plastic cup) and what looked like a variety of garden flotsam (leaves, branches, dirt, insects) both floating on the surface of the pool and on its floor. It says a lot when a team of young boys refuse to go in a pool as it is so unappealing....we packed them up into ubers and took them to the Sheraton pool one day (where other luckier friends were staying).

If you get a parking spot in the small lot just our front you are ok...but if full you have to park in a back parking garage which is not even connected to the property.

I really can't think of anything good to say - even if you are on a tight budget I think you can likely find a more appealing/cleaner property than this one.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Primo P, Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Phoenix Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Hello customer, thank you so much for staying at our hotel and sharing your feedback. Although, we always try our best to offer our guest excellent hospitality services, this time it seems we failed to fulfill our duties. We promise, you will get everything in the desired condition during your next visit. Have a nice day!!

Reviewed June 20, 2018

It was absolutely disgusting, dirty, run down the air was not cold the pool light was floating with rusty water in it. The jacuzzi was cold and green. The elevator one of the two working made a horrendous noise starting and stopping. There was mold on pictures in the restroom.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello guest, thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. We are really very disappointed to hear that you had bad staying experience at our hotel. You can rest assured as we are making continuous efforts to improve our services. Please provide us another chance to serve you so that we can rebuild your trust again. Have a great day!!

Reviewed May 31, 2018

Came for downtime due to extreme health situations and was Blessed with accommodating help from check in to check out. All employees, A+++ in my book. You can lay your head anywhere. I'm glad my head was here!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Primo P, Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Phoenix Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Hello guest, we are certainly glad to hear that you had good staying experience at our place. Yes, our customers’ comfort and pleasure is our top priority. Looking forward to serve you again! Have a great day!!

Reviewed May 8, 2018

One of the most disgusting places I've ever stayed in! A Motel 6 would have been cheaper and cleaner.
It smells, it is very dirty, the bar/restaurant is very LOUD.
The parking, if you're lucky, is fine on the ground level, if not, you have to go to a multi-level parking garage, not even attached to the hotel.
Complete chaos at the front desk on check in and check out.
Hallways are like walking on slippery, dirty carpet from 1992.
Sheets, towels, dirty. Air Conditioner, worked but, not great. Bathtub, nasty! No air in the bathroom either so, taking a shower is a sweaty mess.
NEVER again! Wish I could get a refund.

**The good news is, it is walk-able to a few fun things.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Primo P, Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Phoenix Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2018

Dear guest, thank you so much for sharing your staying experience with us. Although, we always try to give excellent hospitality facilities to all our travelers, this time it seems we failed to accomplish our responsibilities. We promise, you will get everything in the desired condition during your next visit. Looking forward to serve you again! Have a great day!!

Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

When I 1st got there I had to wait 20 minutes for a very rude receptionist to hand me my keys. Terrible ghetto area. And on the 2nd day of my stay there was orange slime on my bar of soap. Very run down.its basicaly a motel 6.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Hello Jaru V, thank you so much for sharing your staying experience with us. We are really very disappointed to hear that you had faced lots of problems at our place. We will certainly take all essential steps to resolve such matters so that no other guests will face any issue at our place. Hope you will understand and provide us another chance to serve you. Thank a lot! Have a great day!!