All reviews stayed here university dr front desk room was clean an early flight rental car phoenix airport east coast courtesy shuttle free breakfast breakfast area place to sleep next morning would stay here again minute drive oatmeal three nights
Reviewed October 31, 2018

We reserved 6 rooms for our employees coming from out of state with a company credit card. When the employees tried to check-in, they were told that the rooms were not paid for and that they needed to provide a card. I had to go to the hotel again and give them the credit card again. The hotel took a personal credit card for each room for incidentals, which is normal, but they charged not only their personal card they also charge our company credit card. The hotel staff was not trained properly. They fixed one charge for one room and I still had to call 4 more times. I tried to speak with the GM-Tim but he is never there. The person I talked to on the second call said that this was not their fault even though I could hear the person helping her saying that this was totally their fault that the only card that was supposed to be charged was attached. I spoke with Assistant Manager Kelly and she said she would have Tim call me, we are still waiting and we are still waiting on 2 charges to be reversed to our employees credit card.
Beware if you stay at this hotel. We will not be using this hotel again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
TimW4304, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Phoenix Airport, AZ, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I certainly apologize for the inconvenience I wanted to make sure this was cleared up completly. Could you contact me directly? I was not aware of this situation and I would like to find out more details on the matter to make it correct. 480-829-0700.

Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

Regrettably I stayed here for one night (which was way too long), the second we entered the room we were hit in the face with the most pungent smell. The scent was a combination of must, urine and body odors, I have never, I mean never, encountered such foulness in a hotel room. To add further insult to injury, there was no shuttle to take us to the airport in the AM, ummm pretty sure that they advertised that they do - it's an airport hotel for god's sake, people staying here have flights at all hours of the morning. I have never had an airport hotel not offer early morning shuttles. Also, they booked my husband and I into twin beds instead of a queen or king as requested. I am blown away by the ratings on this place, it's a head scratcher for sure. Please book elsewhere, this place has awful shuttle service, the rooms stink (you'll find more reviews on here stating the same - don't dismiss them like I did, it's true) they are very tired and old and there is also no food to get nearby, it's like being stuck in a food desert.

Trip type: Travelled on business
TimW4304, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Phoenix Airport, AZ, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I wanted to apologize for the inconvenience, On the shuttle matter, we run the shuttle from 5 am to 10 pm we also offer shuttle drop-offs and pickups at a variety of restaurants. Do you know what room you stayed in? I would really like to look into this personally to make sure these issues are addressed right away. Could you tell me what room you stayed in? We only have king and queen size beds in the hotel so I'm certainly concerned that the room was not to my standard for you.

Reviewed October 30, 2018

Very upset over amount paid for room. Twice as much in October as for September, because of season!!!! I had no idea that there were seasonal charges??? Why wasn't I told - I could have asked but assumed there wouldn't have been any price difference, as it was not a Holiday Time.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson

Hello, I understand the concern of the rate differences, September is part of Phoenix slower season so the traffic is down some that will also bring the rates down, October is when travel in Phoenix starts picking up so will the demand of the hotel rooms. I just wanted to make sure you did not feel as if we hard charged you based on a "season" in the year but in fact a "travel season". I'm sorry this was not clear at the hotel and I would love to speak with you via the phone to discuss further. 480-829-0700

Reviewed October 28, 2018

A tired hotel clearly in need of a refresh. Carpets in elevator, hallways and rooms are worn and dirty. Beds are not that bad. Pieces of panelling in breakfast room broken. This was going top be a 2 star but the friendliness of the staff brought it to a 3.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review, I can assure you that I'm working very hard to make sure these same concerns are addressed. I would love for more feedback on how the staff made this a better stay for you. could you contact me directly? 480-829-0700

Reviewed October 24, 2018

I was very disappointed in our room on this trip to Phoenix, AZ. The smell hit us immediately upon entering the room (which was clean), but the air conditioner spit out an odor that was awful. It also made a loud noise every 20-30 minutes when coming on. The King size bed had a lump in the middle of it so my wife and I could not sleep beside one another the 4 nights we were there. Breakfast was a joke the first morning, supposed to be started at 630 am, but the girl was late and distressed somewhat. So breakfast didn't happen until 2 hours later. The other days it was ok with breakfast sandwiches or scrambled eggs and bacon. The bathroom door would not shut, and the bathroom vanity was very small. The toilets sit right on the floor, which makes it hard for a tall guy. The room offers no table to eat, but the hotel does offer a number to call for food to be delivered which is awful and expensive). It is across the street from the AZ lottery though, but Denny's is the only close restaurant. The shuttle only goes to the airport, so you have to use uber or lift to get around. The check in girl spoke English, but the rest of the staff did not. I believe we will look at other hotels on our next trip though. I cannot recommend this one.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
RadissonHotelGroup, Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Phoenix Airport, AZ, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We're sad that your stay was anything less than pleasing due to the multiple issues regarding the guest room provided, the bed, the shuttle service, staff service, food services and other concerns you encountered at the time. We understand how you feel and we apologize if we fell short of your expectations. We appreciate the feedback and will use it in further improving the hotel in the hopes of your return sometime in the future.