“Friendly, clean, and welcoming.”

Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix
Ranked #29 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 February 2012

When I arrived at the hotel, my son and my husband had been there several days already. My son told me that the on site manager was extremely helpful and very nice. We had faxes coming in and needed some of our paperwork before check-out and the manager was willing to provide everything we needed. We understood they had recently redecorated the rooms, and we felt very fortunate to find this hotel which was exactly where we needed to be. We are heading back to the same area and plan on staying there again.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank RMom_12

Reviewed 27 February 2012

I was visiting Phoenix for a conference at the Phoenix Convention Center, this hotel is within walking distance (8 minutes) and a lot cheaper than the hotels next to the center. Parking is free and the people at the desk are very friendly and helpful. Internet access and the breakfast (that includes juice and fruit), are a plus.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ruben E
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Well, I'm from Tucson and I was at a concert at the US Airways Center. I needed a place to stay, so I looked into hotels in the area. I had a co-worker tell me that Van Buren was a horrible place to stay, very dangerous. I saw the prices and read the reviews, and I could see that the ownership must have changed. I thought, sure I'll give this hotel a try. Sure enough, it was a great place to stay, the rooms were very clean, there was even a piece of paper around the toilet seat that said it had been sanitized for your protection. Don't hesitate staying here, I would definitely stay here again. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, answered all of my questions and knowledgeable about the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank casualtraveller_07
Reviewed 25 February 2012

America's Best Value Inns truly are the best value available if you want a refrigerator, microwave, no pets/no smoking and super clean rooms, complimentary breakfast with fresh fruit, free HBO, onsite laundry, convenient parking, and the most comfortable beds imaginable in a budget hotel. In my recent stay at the downtown Phoenix ABVI, the managers and housekeeping were exceptionally friendly, very helpful and immediately responsive with a malfunctioning lock. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Phoenix area because I received better service here than in overpriced luxury hotels in the past.

Room Tip: Try to reserve a room that does not face busy Van Buren St. if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Renee N
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I would rate this place better except for the noise factor. The first night was the worst as they feel the need to empty the dumpsters behind our room at 5:00 am and it sounds as if it is right next to your bed. The rooms were recently renovated and are very nice on the inside, with new paint, carpeting and nice flat-screen tvs. They probably should have spent some money on soundproofing as the traffic noise is very bad. I would advise they purchase earplugs in bulk (like some rock concerts do) and dispense them at check-in. Just bring your earplugs and you will rate this place excellent!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank dvmkathymurf
Reviewed 23 February 2012

down town hotel, clean, well maintained, nicely renovated. had fridge & micro wave, no coffee maker. Counter people polite & helpful. Breakfast so-so. would stay there again.would recommend if you want a economical room with no great frills, ( pool,spa etc.)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Yes, from the phone call to book the room to checking out at the end, it was a very pleasant experience. I misplaced a vital piece of luggage at the airport and Jessica helped greatly to reclaim it without drama. Room was very nice and clean and spacious. Shuttle from the airport was timely. Breakfast will fill a gap but don't expect anything fancy - but fits the room price. well recommended.

Room Tip: Book direct with the hotel - do not use Booking.com - they are an unpleasant company that impose unr...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo