Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix
US$85
US$105
US$99
Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$349
US$286
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsconvention centercibovan burenroom was cleanbudget hotelwithin walking distancefree wificontinental breakfastlight railyogurtironing boardchase fieldstay there againroad noisethe breakfast areastayed one nightenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Very clean, comfortable room and the couple who managed the Inn were very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Robert F
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I needed to stay a night in Phoenix. This hotel offered a good price for a beautiful room and they also offered an airport shuttle which was very important to me. Even though I missed my initial pick up because of a long line at customs. They made no problems at the shuttle.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank 60971Jesper
Reviewed 24 March 2012

As a previous reviewer noted, this truly is a "diamond in the rough"! It's located in an area that appears a bit run-down but conversely, is also only a few blocks walk to downtown Phoenix with plentiful shops, restaurants, and bars. We felt very safe walking during daylight/dusk to downtown establishments and to do some sight seeing by foot. The general location of the hotel allowed easy access to I-10, downtown, and is not too far from spring training ballparks. I personally wouldn't go walking down VanBuren away from the downtown area too late at night but that said, I did not feel unsafe at all during our stay.

The room itself was great. Clean, modern decor, refrigerator, microwave, large flat-screen television, and free high speed wi-fi. Check in and out was a breeze. Sam was so accommodating and helpful!

Free airport shuttle was a major selling point for us when booking this hotel. The shuttle both ways went without a hitch, and we really appreciated this service of the hotel. Please note you need to arrange this shuttle ahead of time so keep this in mind when booking.

They do offer coffee and packaged pastry items, as well as some fruit, for breakfast in the check-in building.

Overall, it offered a clean, quiet stay with great service, and was extremely affordable. It's like a little-known secret in Phoenix that part of me is hesitant to share (so I can ensure availability for myself) but the other part of me wants to tell everyone about! :)

Would I return during my next trip to Phoenix? Without a doubt!

Room Tip: Choose a second-floor room if available.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JNRG
Reviewed 24 March 2012

First time in Phoenix, chose the hotel based on other reviews and wasn't disappointed. Easy walking distance to US Airways Center and Chase Field, I was in town for a Suns game. Also within walking distance of Phoenix Center, City Hall and the downtown campus of ASU. Or the State Capitol in the opposite direction.

On a main route downtown (Van Buren Street). Safe and quiet neighborhood. Was provided a free room upgrade upon arrival, which was nice. The in room refrigerator and free WIFI is a plus. The free transport to and from the airport (call ahead to book) was prompt and courteous. This will definitely be the first accommodations I will look to book the next time I'm in Phoenix.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank CManson7
Reviewed 22 March 2012

The brand name of the property is quite accurate. It is assuredly the best value for the money for a standard motel in Phoenix and I priced around its competitors quite a bit. Its location downtown is a good starting place for trips all over the Phoenix area. The surrounding area is somewhat derelict, however, we didn't have any problems while we were there. It was surprisingly quiet in the evening. We appreciated the microwave and little refrigerator found in each room. The parking area, it should be noted, is very tight. The double-lock on the door was very difficult to set. I had made reservations for two rooms on the first floor, however, the Patels said that my request was not in the computer and they could not accommodate my request. That would be corporate's fault, apparently. The TV remote control worked only occasionally. Despite these issues, I would still recommend the place. The concerns are things that can be easily remedied.

Room Tip: Call the property directly if you want a particular room or floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family