“Golfer's paradise!”

Esplendor Resort at Rio Rico
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rio Rico
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed here for a night because we are in love with Tucson and its surroundings. I'm not a golfer but if I ever become one this will be the place to play because the view is spectacular. The common areas are very clean and well preserved. The room was also clean and comfy. The service was superb, especially during the Sunday buffet. My suggestion will be to add something fun to do at the bar, Karaoke or whatever. Another option to have a little fun besides Tubac.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank suckerfortrips

Reviewed 26 November 2011

My wife stayed here for three nights over Thanksgiving and had a very good experience. The first night was a little noisy with a loud band and some late arriving guests, but the remainder of the stay was fine. We foudn the staff very friendly and helpful with food and service in their restaurant excellent and a good value. The Thanksgiving champagne buffet/brunch was well done in quality and quantity of selections.

Room Tip: Request a room with a high desert view for the best vista
1  Thank DesertDuke
HeritageHtls, General Manager at Esplendor Resort at Rio Rico, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Thank you from myself and the entire staff. Hope to see you again and have a safe and Merry Christmas.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

My wife and I are avid golfers and since I retired I we decided to work on one item we have on our "bucket list". (Golf in all 50 states.) We now have 36 left to go after our trip to Esplendor Resort in Rio Rico, AZ via Las Vegas and Saint George, UT.

I initially found out about Esplendor as a result of a Groupon email I purchased in August. I checked it out prior by viewing several on-line reviews of both the resort, and golf course. It proved to be a great decision. The resort is under a hours drive from Tucson on a newly paved highway and is a perfect place for a 2-3 day get-a-way golf vacation. The staff at the resort, and golf course, were friendly and did everything possible to make our stay enjoyable. The food, staff and grounds at the resort was perfect. Our room had a great view of the mountains and had an old-fashion southwestern decor that matched the surroundings. In addition, the golf course was in above average condition, and the back nine had several memorable views. Overall we were very pleased with our choice and will certainly consider a return trip.

P.S.
The only issue we had was not related to the resort in any way. Since we were so close to Mexico, (15 miles) our smartphone were picking up the towers in Mexico so we got a warning the we needed to get an international plan. A call to customer service resolved this issue however I will be checking my next bill very closely. Based on various conversations we had with several people, we were not interested in taking a side trip across the border, especially at night.

Room Tip: Ask for a outside room facing the mountains.
1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Great place for our annual music workshop in November. The Esplendor gives us great rates at this time of year.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside room with balcony overlooking the mountains.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We stayed at the Esplendor Resort to celebrate a milestone birthday. We went with another couple. The men golfed and the women went to Tubac, a small artist town up the road a bit. There were some minor problems encountered during the stay, but I have to say, the staff was excellent and took care of things immediately. I'd like to thank Jay, the vacation specialist, she was wonderful to work with. I'd also like to thank Gaston and Naomi at the front desk, professional and expedient; Oscar in the restaurant, he was a delight and he took great care of us; Fabian in the saloon and I forgot the name of our waiter the evening of the 5th but he was terrific too. The meals in the restaurant was very, very good. I would recommend the restaurant. The pace is leisurely, so relax and have a great time.

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor, harder to carry luggage up the stairs. I would recommend the secon...
1  Thank TucsonAliG8r
Reviewed 30 October 2011

My husband and I travel to Tucson once a year to visit family. This time we decided to take a couple of days for ourselves at Esplendor Resort in Rio Rico. The hotel is very nice and the grounds and pool are amazing! The rooms are more than adequate. We booked a golf package through Groupon and were extremely pleased with the price and all that came with it (two nights at the hotel, dinner credit, two breakfasts, a lunch, and two rounds of golf for my husband and me). We had a great stay and are already looking forward to our trip next year!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2011

THE SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT!!!!! The value of the package was well worth it. We had a nice relaxing visit. my husband enjoyed the golf. i enjoyed lounging by the pool. the hot tub could use a renovation. the food was yummy!! very peacful :)

Room Tip: we had a view of the mountains which was very nice, but a view of the pool or gardens would be great...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
23.2 km away
Fiesta Inn Nogales
Fiesta Inn Nogales
#1 of 7 in Nogales

Been to Esplendor Resort at Rio Rico? Share your experiences!