See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 30, 2013

A late night(8pm) arrival with no reservation turned into a really BAD choice. All of the other hotels were full so we thought it couldn't be that bad. BUT IT WAS!! took the last room at the end of a dark hall with an open gate to the back alley. No working phone so couldn't call office. They had locked the office door as soon as I went out!!
Our govt should be ashamed ruining the motel industry like this. I travel a lot and it is getting IMPOSSIBLE. To find a good old American Motel.
Absolutely no parking The front desk was ATROCIOUS people did not speak English.
This Dump SHOULD BE CONDEMNED
No coffee. Office was still locked up tight in the morning. But that was the least of our worries
STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank pony675
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This place is quite a dive. Cars packed so tight you are almost guaranteed a ding. I parked away from my room as the spots were all full. Lots of construction workers and itinerants. The bed was OK but the room smelled. The shower spray stung and could not be adjusted. For some reason this town commands a lot for a motel room. Pay the extra $20 to upgrade a notch.

Room Tip: Pay to stay at a nicer place.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank kimjady
Reviewed May 10, 2010

this is without a doubt the worst place i have ever stayed got trapped there due to opening of new lds temple. the pool has not seen water in years. there is no hbo. which are both advertised. the staff was terribly rude to the point that i would have changed hotels if there had been another room in town that weekend. bedding was dirty and the beds are terrible. stay away from this dump and calling it that might be an insult to dumps

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank xtalman41
Reviewed March 12, 2008

Had to attend a funeral, and this was the ONLY place with vacancy. After spending a night there, I can see why. This motel looked to be about 30 years old, and has seemingly never been renovated. The room was very small, and was not very clean. The bathroom had bugs...ughhh. Beds were very uncomfortable, as well. "Continental Breakfast" consisted of coffee and english muffin or pre-packaged danish, that's it. The room did have a microwave and mini fridge though, which is about the only positive here.

There are much better options in Safford, IF, and I emphasize IF,you can get them. Phelps Dodge has expanded their mining operations, and the influx of new workers has tied up all the hotels and made findind a place to stay extremely difficult. I paid $90 for a room w/ 2 beds, which is ridiculous for such poor accomodations. I would not stay here again, unless my only other option was sleeping in a car.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed December 28, 2007

My first trip to Safford. The motel was difficult to find at night (sign was not lit). The "continental breakfast" advertised was defunct, although the desk clerk told me they sometimes brought doughnuts on the weekends (no kidding). The door to my room did not fully close. The cable TV was pretty good and they did have a small fridge available. I would have transferred to a motel across the street but there were no vacancies. I have nothing to compare it to.

Stayed: October 2007