“It is an ok place not a four seasons I used to experience.”

Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Stay at the kiva suite with bed and breakfast package. We first were impressed with front desk check in and surprised with little welcome drinks and snacks in room for our anniversary. The room service at night turned us off though. I had Tequila-lime marinate chicken breast sandwich . I was expecting a real chicken breast but it turned out to be an old lunch meat. I couldn't eat it after the first bite. It didn't test good but it tasted like old sandwich from the fridge. It was cold. I was afraid of getting sick so I didn't eat it. Well the next morning another dissappontment from breakfast room service. I called to ask about what included in continental breakfast before ordering but when the bill came it was not the same as what I was told. The fresh food was extra. The room service detail was not very clear on pricing. In addition the allowance for the package is kind of ambiguous of what $66 really mean? Food only or food with service charges, etc. We were too embarrass to ask. We never have to deal with this kind of deal before with the high end resort. It should be all inclusive for two breakfasts providing that we pay almost $1200/night. We decided to stay away from breakfast room service and ate at the restaurant instead since food in the restaurant seems to be fresher. Overall the food here is not up to par like other four seasons. We decided to stay away from the real expensive dinner meal and drive out every night to eat at local restaurants. It is a pain but at least we had enjoyable meals elsewhere. It defeated a purpose of relaxing away from crowd . Today we think we will give room service another chance for lunch since we haven't tried. Here came a salad with old wrinkle green that has been oxidized and dried in the fridge for quite sometimes. The fish taco shells have an old greasy fried odor. That is it for me. I called the room service supervisor to let him know, there is a problem. He responded well and took care of the taco for us. We thank for his response. It seems the most disappointment for us is food since it is sooooo expensive for what we get here. We don'mind paying if it is good and satisfactory. There is an unfortunate issue that we experienced here during our stay, the toilet in our suite didn't frushed properly. We saw the soap wrapper in the toilet bowl when we came back from a walk after the house keeper left. We report to the engineering department to come and took care of it. Well, other than what being said the property is nice but the room service quality of food issue may need to be revisited otherwise we will think twice before considering coming back here again.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Kthorson
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Four Seasons prides themselves on providing seamless service, and unfortunately during your stay, we missed opportunities to impart the service levels our guests expect.

We certainly did not live up the expectations that one would have anticipated coming to a Four Seasons Resort. Please know that the appropriate discussions have taken place as we work to overcome these service shortfalls.

We would appreciate having another opportunity to demonstrate the outstanding level of service for which the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale is known.

Once again, we hope you will accept our apology and we look forward to your return to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale or any future Four Seasons Worldwide Hotel.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Loved this hotel. Great Casita room, no need to upgrade unless you are into outside hot tubs. Clean with all amenities. No one has mentioned the guest laundry. Free DIY laundry, fantastic if you have been travelling for a while. Enjoy a cocktail on the stunning terrace. Altogether a relaxing and luxurious few days.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 6 February 2012

nice views & only if that...

my husband & i love to travel multiple times a year, to various locations around the world. This was to be a special occasion for us, as it was our first family vacation with an infant.

Unfortunately, we were constantly being mistreated. Our week long trip, that we had committed to staying, was cut short just after the second day. One woman at the front desk was very nice, wish i could remember her name.

luggage took an hour to retrieve & "find" all four pieces [even the are the same color set and there werent hardly any guests during our stay]
could not schedule any spa treatments during our stay because it there was no one available at any time! really?!
there are no complete amenties in the rooms, unless requested
rooms are clean, but everything is nickel & dime: even the internet, psh!
food is overrated & overcharged
everything is far walking distance, which we enjoyed for to the exercise, even under the summer sun but could be unpleasant for some guests.
the pool is a pool: clean & refreshing.
do not order from the waiter by the pool it will take him/her over 20minutes for beer and chips & dip. its also cheaper to order it yourself because eventually my husband would go & order from the bartender.

we did not ask to speak to the manager but when we did because he wanted to speak to us, it was over the phone. what kind of management was that? invite the guest into your office/front desk or the manager should come to the guest's room. all it showed was poor leadership skills on his part which reflects the hotel & its staff.

we really hoped to make our first family vacation memorable, but we had to cut it short after they way we were consantly mistreating us. its a shame because we expected more from a four seasons.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank BrianAngie00

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent visit at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale. Our guests’ feedback is invaluable as we strive to improve our service and facilities.

I apologize for the service deficiencies you encountered at our resort. Your comments mentioned help us identify any areas that we may need to focus on.

Your experience does not reflect Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale’s level of service we strive for daily. Please be assured that we are addressing your comments immediately with the appropriate teams involved.

We recognize your service challenges had an adverse impact with your overall experience and regret we did not have the opportunity to make this right while you were staying with us.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We value your patronage to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Scottsdale!

Reviewed 6 February 2012

If you are interested in a luxury spot, removed from the city, this is it. Nice restaurants, good spa, great service and comfortable rooms.

Room Tip: A bit removed from activities of Scottsdale...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I got both! I splurged on a weekend retreat at this well-manicured resort and found it to be very relaxing. The design of the property gives you the feel of being way out in the desert.
Great service and good food but understandably pricy. I chose to skip the annoying daily internet charge - an issue I wish FS would address. WI-FI should be free.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 February 2012

This was my second stay at this property in the last year. I did not review the property last time but this property deserves a great review. I have stayed a many Ritz Carltons (Over 30) and a number of Four Seasons. Typically, I prefer the R/C mainly due to the club level. I am very quickly becoming a big Four Seasons fan.
This property has it all. The service is outstanding from the minute you arrive until you leave. It is very clear the staff at this property love working there and take great pride in their work. I cannot think of one single issue at this property.
I booked through Amex Platinum Travel and received a huge upgrade to an Oasis Suite. Same suite I had during my last stay but that time I paid the price for it!! These suites are immacutely clean as is the entire property. If cleanliness is your thing then this is the place for you. The suites are huge with an outdoor shower and plunge pool. It is like having your own little Oasis of everything you need for luxury inside and out. These suites are huge but they are very expensive and in my opinion worth every penny of it.
The resort is on the large side but even though the property was sold out I rarely saw anyone.
The food is outstanding in the restaurants and from room service. Dinned twice in the restaurants and three times from room service. Service was fast and food was out of this world. The Sea Bass is a must.
The resort is a good drive from the Phoenix Airport but well worth it. It is like another world at this resort. I cannot wait to go back soon.

Room Tip: Oasis Suite
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CRDSC
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post wonderful comments on Trip Advisor during your recent stay with us.

I am pleased you enjoyed the warm hospitality of our Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale and appreciate your praise of the attention to detail in all the areas of the resort. Indeed, it is a beautiful resort with the perfect atmosphere.

Thank you again for your very detailed and kind comments. I hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back to Scottsdale in the near future.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Been a while but still recall what a great stay I had here. If you have a car and want to stay in North Scottsdale, this is the only real choice you have.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business