“Great Christmas Week Visit”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix / Scottsdale
Ranked #43 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This Homewood Suites location just keeps getting better and better. They just updated the lobby furniture and flooring along with hallway carpets and wallpaper. Day before we left they were just starting to replace the old televisions with new flat screens. Full breakfast each morning is included in the room price and welcome home light dinner Monday thru Thursday is also included. Staff is accomodating and friendly and always receptive to requests. It was busy because two college football bowl games were being played in the area but everyone was well behaved and had a great time.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank TwoRetiredOshawans
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix / Scottsdale

Reviewed 17 December 2011

The hotel is fine and the staff is very nice. There is a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius which was helpful for us since we were attending a wedding at a nearby resort. The free breakfast was decent and convenient. Overall, just an average hotel, however.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank sh0rtypie
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Stayed here end of jan early feb this year during the big blizzards which shut dwn all flights to the eastcost. Due to asthma attack cause of high altitude in Phoenix and me running across the gigantic airport trying to make my plane i missed my plane which turned out to be the last flight they were allowing toe eastcoast. So after collecting a discount voucher from US airways i stood in front of the huge hotel board in airport to select this hotel which was available, within my budget and had a free shuttle service from the airport to hotel.

Driver very friendly and would later end up chauffering me and some people i be-friended on the bus to several outings in downtown Phoenix and Scottsdale over the next few days at no additional charge although we did tip him generously.

Reception staff were very compassionate and understading and although of the 3 people who had also been stranded and were checking in my room was not yet available so they allowed me to use the bathroom to freshen up and store my handluggage, laptop and stuffed toys I'd bought from Disneyland. I then asked for nearest directions to local bar and park as I had told theother stranded passengers we should make the most of warm weather to sunbake and drink mojitos! Upt=on return my room which was located in next bldg over and by the swimming pool. It was very clean and decent sized and also featured strong air-con/heater, coffee maker, good free internet, a large desk with very ergonomic chair, fairly good bed and cable and was able to borrrow a dvd player from reception next evening to watch in my room.

Now I have travelled and stayed in mid range hotels, backpacker hostels and crappy guesthouses in s.e. asia but it had been sometime since I had stayed in a hotel without room service or restaurant. There wasa lounge and dining area with snacks avilable to purchase from reception and a microwave. However in the morning there was a continteal breakfast buffet which was included in the price and I can't remember if eggs or ommelettes were available butyou could make fresh waffles which was pretty cool.

I spent next couple of days checking out the area and going on a roadtrip to Sedona with my newfound friends and every shuttlebus driver and reception staff were able to give lots of tips and advice and helped me to get in contact with US Airways, Travel Insurance Agents and my fiance while we all played Phone tag for a couple of days. They also took pity on me when I initially couldnt access my bank account for 2days and let me put it all I needed to my room even though I hadnt been able to provide a security deposit. Though it all worked out and I gave them alll tips and glowing reviews in the feedback forms provided.

After 3 nights I still couldnt get a flight to Chicago and my fiance flew in from Sydney to join me so we ended up staying at a nice 5Star resort in Montelucia as a treat as he is a bit of a Princess he travels :-). Can't say that this is usually the kind of place I would book If I were planning to stay somewher but I was pleasantly surprised overall. So if you're on a budget or travelling on business and needing somwhere nice clean, convenient with friendly helpful service I would definitely reccomend it.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank RandomRose1111
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Nice suite, friendly staff. Can't beat the free hot breakfast AND dinner. Stayed 5 nights for business and no issues. TV's need updated but overall a great place to stay for less than $100 a night.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Murano47
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Property is in of some upgrades to meet today's traveler, but overall it is clean and a value for the price point of Scottsdale/Paradise Valley of the East Valley Area.

One bedroom suite is accomodating with a full size frig, microwave, coffee maker, and separate living and sleeping areas. The standard bath is in bedroom with open sink area with a door separating the tub/shower and toilet from the sink area.

King size bed is low to the floor and very firm.
Two T.V.'s both the old analog tube type.
Living Area has a couch and chair with a small coffee table.
Free wireless was slow at times with a weak signal.
Quiet property.
Maid service was adequate.
Check in was fast .
Free Parking
Plenty of outside access doors with secure card key entry

In closing, the price paid was below market for this type of room and location was very good if you need to be in the north area of Scottsdale this hotel should fit the requirement if you do not need HD TV and a fast connection to the internet. set your alarm, wake up service (phone call) is not reliable.

Recommendations to Management:
1. Paint Trim Throughout
2. Upgrade TV's to Flat Screens - two 42" one in the living area and one in the bedroom
3. Upgrade wireless routers and provide additional bandwidth
4. Replace Bedding to Hilton/Marriott Standards

Safe Travels,

Land and Sea

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the back of the property to get away from Scottsdale Road street noise.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Land&Sea
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed at the Homedale Suites on the first night of our trip and it was great. The suite was clean, comfortable, spacious and well appointed. We only used the fridge in the kitchen but noticed that all the kitchen equipment was good quality. Reception was efficient and friendly and the breakfast was excellent. All round good value.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I stayed with my husband for 5 days and was very satisfied. I had selected this hotel after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. Clean rooms, very friendly room service and polite staff. Breakfast was good in the morning and I specially liked the dining hall.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family