2,238 results
All reviews double tree north pool old town breakfast buffet grounds are lovely putting green mini bar wet bar rooms are spacious cactus garden nice resort free shuttle fashion square mall the room was nice fitness center housekeeping staff shuttle service
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We stayed here - my husband,myself and 3 year old daughter.We were greeted at reception with warm cookies.The room was spacious and clean.Disappointed with the toilet-the water pressure from the shower was weak and the water in the sink and bath was clogging up-the plumber came twice.
The gardens were beautiful and nice to take a walk through. During our stay the occupancy was v low and the place seemed eerily quiet.
The lady who came to clean the room could hardly speak English and we had great trouble communicating with her.I expected a better overrall experience from this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
doubletree1, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Thank you for being with us and for your feedback in this review. Obviously, we want to be more than just OK, but greatness has to be earned every guest, every day. We will follow up with our engineering department on the bathroom issues and address immediately. I was surprised that our resort felt so empty this time of year, as we are in the middle of our peak winter season and have been very busy for weeks, unless your review is from a stay further back. One of the nice features about our resort is that even when we are busy, it does not feel like it due to the property being spread over 22 acreas with all the calming courtyard and landscaping. I do hope that you will return to Scottsdale, to further enjoy all the sun, shopping and fun available in our immediate area, and when you do , that you will give us another opportunity to be great.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

We stayed at the Scottsdale/Paradise Valley Doubletree from March 5 through March 9. It was like two different places. The overall resort was beautiful, well maintained,convenient to almost all locations and staffed by friendly courteous and helpful people.The restaurant was good and the price of food wasn't bad given it was a hotel based one. Nothing but praise for almost all of the place. Now-- our room was a much different story. An upgrade, because of my Hilton Honors status we were excited to get into the room. The excitement quickly faded to frustration and ultimately almost took on a comical atmosphere as we uncovered new problems each and everyday. Upon entering we noticed that one of the two lights in the bathroom was out but certainly not a big deal. We then went to go out to see the lovely view from our balcony except the door was completely off its rollers and could not be moved at all. Engineering came to fix the door, added a handle which apparently was also broken and the bulb was replaced. Not a huge issue-- yet! The first day and a half had unusually high temperatures in Scottsdale and so did our room. The AC was literally none existent so after a very hot night's sleep the call went to engineering for help again. When they came we also asked whether they could fix the squeaky bathroom door which would wake one of us up each time the other used it in the night. That day we did have AC, but the squeak persisted the entire time we were there. As fate would have it, unusual high temperatures were supplanted by near record low temperatures and as fate would have it the AC fix apparently did not include heat when needed. So we put in a night of hiding under the blankets, listening to the squeaky door, which we found could be drowned out by the the jet engine noise of the bathroom fan. No more calls to enginering though as we spent so much time out of the room it just was not worth the effort to keep explaining especially as the temperature moderated and the outside temperature got us back to not needing much AC nor heat. It also became embarrassing to call each day and say this is 4209 and we have these problems.... you see every time you call to complain they give you a warm cookies as a peace offering and we didn't want to appear to be cookie sloths. No more physical problems to report but we did then have two days of curious maid service. On Thursday March 8 we returned to our room at 3:00PM only to find our room wasn't touched. A call to housekeeping had that resolved. And then, the next day, our last for which we arranged a 2:00PM checkout, an 8:00AM knock at the door by room service rousted us out of bed. I guess they were going to balance the very late service of the day before with a very early one, so, if you average them the time doesn't look bad. This is the first time we have had such foolishness and shoddy quality control at a Hilton property. We hope it is the last. Were it not for the room problems this would be a 4 or 4.5 property.

Room Tip: Ask to see it first or go through it completely as soon as you enter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for selecting our resort for your visit and for this feedback on your stay. We appreciate both the compliments and the criticisms. I apologize for the many issues you experienced in your guest room, as we have several procedures by which such items should be noticed, reported and addressed well before the room was made available for sell to one of our guests. We have discussed this situation with my housekeeping and engineering departments, and the items will be addressed immediately. With that, I do hope the positive experiences and the fact that we will address the not-so-positive ones, will give us a future opportunity for your business and to show you that this is an unfortunate exception rather than an accepted rule. Thank you for your assistance and for your loyalty as a Hilton Hhonors member.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

We have stayed at this property several times (most recently on March 6) and have always been very happy. We have stayed in suites and in king rooms and all have been very comfortable. The king room on this trip was at the back (east side) of the property with an entry from the parking area and a patio on the west side onto a grassy area. The patio was perfect for lounging and reading throughout the day and evening. The bathroom was an adequate size. The closet/dressing area was large enough for us to open two suitcases on suitcase racks and still have room to get dressed. The grounds are lush and well cared-for. There are two large pools on each end of the resort. The tiled fountain in the middle of the property is truly lovely. The resort probably began life as something other than a Doubletree. The detail is quite like that at the Frank Lloyd Wright inspired Biltmore. The restaurant is nice with indoor and outdoor seating. Same for the lounge. Just fresh air, peaceful surroundings and a great location for shopping, dining, museums, performances, and sports events. We have stayed at all the more expensive resorts in the area. They all have more amenities but their rates are far, far higher. If you are not looking for a spa, golf-course and a night-club, this is the spot.

Room Tip: We will ask for 7120 again if we are staying a short time. The king room non-smoking is spacious with a patio right on the quiet, large lawn. If we are going to stay for several days we will get a suite again. We especially love having a patio or balcony onto the fountain area in the middle of the property.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for returning to our resort and for this very "appealing" review of your stay. We hope that you will return to our area again soon and will once again come to your "home away from home" at the Doubletree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley-Scottsdale.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

This was my 2nd visit to this property and I absolutely was blown away by how friendly and helfpul the staff was! The location is great - very close to downtown Scottsdale as well as Phoenix.
I was particularly impressed by what the Kitchen staff is doing to help save the environment. They have partnered with a local organic farm and purchase much of the fruits and vegetables they serve from that farm. They also are activiely involved in composting! Overall, a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
doubletree1, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

Thank you for being with us and for this beautiful review. We appreciate your feedback as well as your special recognition of our Chef and kitchen staff efforts with the local organic farm and composting. We are very proud of our partnership, although we need to do more to get word out on all that is being done towards sustainability and full utilization of resources. We hope that you will be able to return again soon and will look to us as your home away from home.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Scottsdale, and we were pleasantly surprised with the hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, I was very happy with our room, and the pool area was very nice. When we checked in, we were each given a warm cookie, and because he is Hilton Gold, we got the option of bonus points or free breakfast (we took the breakfast which I think was definitely worth it).
The Room: Our room was very nice. It was clean, a good size, and felt newer. We were on the first floor facing the pool which I really liked. We had a little patio with a table and two chairs. We also had a little lattice fence with flowers growing through it separating us from the main area so it felt more private. Most (if not all) of the rooms seemed to have some kind of an outdoor space—balcony or patio. We sat and drank a glass of wine before dinner on ours, very relaxing. I assume that the 2nd and 3rd floors had elevator access, but I only saw the stairs, so I’m not sure. Also, as a nice side note, when the housekeeping person cleaned the room, they definitely took extra care to even straighten up a little bit for me which I appreciated.
Hotel Features: First, I was happy to see that the hotel did not have a resort fee. It had a little bit of a resort feel, so I wouldn’t have been surprised to find one of those surprises on my bill, but happily they did not. The pool area was very nice. There were shaded seats around the pool, the pool was a good size, and I found it to be relaxing when we were there. The hotel also had a gym facility, and I believe a spa. The lobby was very nice and spacious. There was also at least one restaurant in the hotel. We never ate at it, but one night I did order a salad from room service which was very good. Also, in the morning there was complementary coffee and also a little Starbucks stand (not quite a real Starbucks—there was a real one a little less than a mile down the road, though) that you could get a latte, tea, etc. There was also a business center with several computers where we were able to print out our boarding passes for the airport.
The Staff: Every time I called for assistance or stopped by the desk to ask a question the staff was very helpful and friendly. I had a problem with the iron in my room one night and they brought me a new one within ten minutes. They even gave us a separate line for gold members to dial with questions. They were very professional in all interactions we had with them.
The Area: The hotel had a shuttle that ran on the top of the hour from 10am to 10pm. It would go within a 2 mile radius in either direction (perfect distance to get to Old Town Scottsdale or to the Borgata shopping and restaurant area—the hotel was located between these two points with lots of bars, restaurants and shopping nearby). It was nice not having to worry about driving when we went out (especially good with the difficulty in finding parking in Old Town). If you’re coming back after 10pm, the shuttle doesn’t run, but we were back in plenty of time, and the driver was there almost immediately when we called for a ride back from dinner.
Parking: The hotel had valet parking or you could park yourself. We didn’t have a problem finding our own space, and it was free to park yourself which I really liked (most places nowadays always seem to charge even for parking yourself).
The Breakfast: Breakfast was served from 6:30am-11am; it was a buffet with plenty of options (there was also sit-down service, but the free breakfast was for the buffet). There was eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, biscuits & gravy, muffins, breads, croissants, cereals, cottage cheese, fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, and one morning there were mini frittatas and one morning there were warm cinnamon buns.
Overall, I really liked Scottsdale and the hotel, and we plan to return again sometime in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for selecting our resort for your visit to our area and for this great, very positive and detailed review of our property and staff. You are correct that all our 378 guest rooms do have a patio or balcony, which is a feature our guests really enjoy. Our resort has two stories and we do have elevators as well as many stair access points to that upper floor. It sounds like you had a great time, enjoying the resort amenities while experiencing the sun and fun found in Scottsdale. We hope that you will return again and often.