I stayed at this resort for a conference. While several of my colleagues (mostly men) had rooms that were close to the building with the lobby & conference facilities, my room was very far away from the main facility. As a woman traveling alone, that made me feel a bit uncomfortable, especially when returning to my room at night. I usually had someone walk me back to make sure I was safe.
The fitness center was nice, but it was a hike from my room. By the time I got there, I felt I had already worked out!
The room was nice, although there was definitely some wear around the edges. The bed was extremely comfortable. I also loved having a balcony. I spent some time at the pool, as well, and the bar service was very attentive. The bartenders at the bar in the lobby were also ready to serve & were pretty funny.
The bellman/valet, Julio, was incredible. He worked long hours the day I arrived, and both valet parked our car, stored luggage & even delivered my bag to my room. He was great.
It seemed that each time the housekeeping staff made up my room they turned on my A/C constantly (instead of keeping it on auto, like I had it). So, every time I returned to my room I was freezing, until I figured out what the problem was. I think they need to better notice guest preferences. Also, one day when I was napping in between conference sessions, a housekeeping staffer dropped something big and metal right outside my door, which jolted me awake. Others also reported that housekeeping was pretty loud.
All in all, I enjoyed my stay for the conference, and the resort was more than adequate for that purpose, but I would not stay here on a vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only minutes from downtown Scottsdale, Arizona and twelve miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, the DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley – Scottsdale offers a warm welcome and a comfortable stay, in tranquil surroundings. Relax and recharge in our beautifully landscaped property, surrounded by lavish courtyards, cactus and tropical palm trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Paradise Valley Hotel Scottsdale
- Doubletree Scottsdale
- DoubleTree Resort By Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale Arizona