2,228 results
All reviews double tree north pool old town breakfast buffet grounds are lovely putting green mini bar wet bar rooms are spacious cactus garden nice resort free shuttle fashion square mall the room was nice fitness center housekeeping staff shuttle service
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I cannot come up with any shortcomings this hotel may have had, at least not for us.
We felt welcome from the first moment; the personel at reception was very nice and friendly and adequate. The room we got was quite big with a sitting & working area + walk in closet. We asked for a refrigerator and housekeeping provided it immediately at no extra cost. The gardens & 2 swimming pools were very nice. There was a business center with 4 computers to work on. In the morning we had avery tasteful buffet breakfast included in the room rate.
For the price we paid it was a lot more than we had hoped for and thus a very nice surprise.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JuliaCooper
doubletree1, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2010

WOW! Thank you for being our guest and for this excellent review. We will work hard to live up to your words with every guest, every day.

Reviewed July 20, 2010

I was looking for a resort in Scottsdale that offered nice rooms, a shaded pool area, and a lack of annoying 20-30 year olds partying it up. Doubletree was perfect. Not that I'm ancient, but sometimes its nice to be one of only four or five people by the pool and to sit in a quiet atmosphere that allows me to drink my frosty cold beverages and catch up on reading in peace.

The rooms were nice, although you can tell its an older resort. I added an Arizona Suite to my king room, and it was really unnecessary, as the king room was very large with its walk in closet/vanity area, office area, couch and balcony overlooking a beautiful courtyard. I liked that it was only a few blocks from Fashion Square and old town scottsdale. Not really walkable in 110 degree weather, but still really convenient.

I ordered room service twice and pool service once, and it was fast and fairly delicious.

The only downside to this hotel is the one elevator to the second floor is only near the lobby, and my room was near the end of the property. I felt like I walked for miles to get there! :-) I recommend to check in and then drive to a parking space closer to your room. You may have to walk your bags up the stairs, but if you're able, it isn't that bad.

Will definitely stay there again next time I'm in Scottsdale.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank poppersRNO

Thank you for being our guest and for this positive review and feedback. We often receive compliments about the peace and serenity of our courtyard/pool areas even though we are located on Scottsdale Road and close to all the "action" and activities in Scottsdale. With our two large pool areas, it provides our guests options for a more active North pool near the lobby and a calmer setting at our South pool. For those wanting to enjoy the shopping, dining and other activities around us, even in the heat of summer, we do offer complimentary transportation in air conditioned comfort in a two mile radius up and down Scottsdale Road. Our two story property does have two elevators but, as you point out, both are towards the front of the resort rather than the back. To assist, we recommend that you park near your room location and/or utilize the assistance of our friendly bellstaff. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 19, 2010

Never would we anticipate that a good would not designate parking for non-hotel guests who were attending an event. There was a young girls beauty pageant going on when we were there and all of the parking was taken up by attendees whether they were hotel guests or not. The way parking is designed for this hotel, if you cannot park with some access to your room, you end up parking clear to the back of the hotel, requiring you to walk in our case, the equivalent of 6 city blocks in 111F heat. Needles to say, we used valet parking, which still required us to walk outside about 2 city blocks, because this hotel is designed with all rooms having access to the outside, not interior halls. We have had this occur before with another chain in Florida.
If hotels are going to host big events, they should have non-guest event parking and guest parking should require a ticket on the dash. Hotels should not compromise the comfort of paying guests for the non-guest event attendee.
Otherwise the hotel was comfortable and lovely. I would recommend the hotel--but ask if there is an event occurring first.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for selecting our resort and for this review feedback. Although we have a large parking lot, you are quite correct that when big events occur it can never be big enough. I am glad you utilized our complimentary valet as that helps us provide parking near our front entry for our paying hotel guests. However, in those cases, our bell and front desk staff should also offer and provide any guest with a ride to their room via their golf cart or van, especially if your room location is in the very back of the resort and it is so very hot out. I apologize that we did not proactively assist you in this regard. We are pleased that despite this challenge that your stay still went well, that you would return again and recommend us to others. Thank you.

Reviewed July 18, 2010

We got a very good bed and breakfast deal through the hotel's own website. Here's a list of the goods and bads.

The Good- Front Desk staff were very helpful in locating our two parties in the same area of the hotel.

- The main pool area was nice and very quiet at this time of year.

- The hotel shuttle will take you anywhere within a two mile radius (and pick you up) and the shuttle staff were very helpful and pleasant.

- the room was large and very clean.

- the bar area is good and the bar staff were great.

- the breakfast buffet was excellent.

-the hotel is very close to Fashion Square mall and, therefore, lots of restaurants.

The Bad- the secondary (children's) pool was quite cloudy so we avoided it.

-you have to pay for internet in the room (I know this has been dealt with in a previous reply but it needs emphasisng how annoying this is, and actually influences my choice of hotel).

- although the hotel is close to many restaurants if you go in the height of summer it is too hot to walk to them (not the hotel's fault I know, but worth bearing in mind).

- as mentioned by other contributers, housekeeping was a little inconsistent in replacing glasses, towels etc. I appreciate that their job is very difficult but the hotel was very quiet so this shouldn't have been an issue.

Overall we had a great stay and would recommend and return to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for being our guest and for your overall positive review of your stay. Although you mention that the good outweighed the few challenges, we appreciate you letting us know of both so that we can address and improve. I have followed up with engineering on the pool cloudiness and housekeeping on the replentishment of items in the room. We recommend and will gladly take you to restaurants in our local area so one does not have to walk in the heat of summer. Charging for internet is a Doubletree Brand standard but they are continuing to get guest feedback and are discussing a possible change in the future. Thank you again for this valuable feedback.

Reviewed July 15, 2010

I am a meeting planning and we enjoyed our stay at the Doubletree so much that we scheduled our second meeting there!!! The rooms were spacious, the staff outstanding, and the food delicious! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and plan to return for a personal trip!

Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for selecting our resort for your meetings and on a personal basis. We greatly appreciate your "amazing" review and look forward to seeing you again in the future.