“We LOVED the VR experience”
Review of Octane Raceway

Octane Raceway
Ranked #10 of 172 things to do in Scottsdale
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: America's Best Kart Racing! Octane Raceway features a 1/3 mile indoor/outdoor track, 45+ mph karts, Velocity VR, Brickyard Bar & Grill, mini-bowling, arcade, and event rooms. Corporate events and private parties from 10 - 500.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Myself, hubby and three teens (16,18,18) just did the velocity VR and it exceeded our expectations. We absolutely loved it. What a thrill and unlike anything we'd done before. We did the zombie game which was perfect for us and so realistic. Not knowing what to expect was absolutely part of the fun. As other reviewers have mentioned you do work up a sweat twisting around and shooting the zombies. You don't need any video game experience to play. In fact, my daughter beat out the video gamer in our group. Our only regret was we booked the latest time slot so we couldn't take advantage of the half price 2nd game/same day offer which we absolutely would have done. The first game was well with the $40. Enjoy!

1  Thank Yvonne L
in 36 reviews
"zombie"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

What an amazing time at Octane raceway. Haylie was our amazing Hostess/group leader. She was unbelievable. She had the whole group laughing the whole time and made all the safety stuff fun and exciting. I recommend this facility to anyone who wants a great time in a group setting. Also I have never have done VR and Haylie recommended it. WOW is the only thing I can say the group was blown away with VR it was so amazing I come back all the time to play it.

Reviewed March 21, 2018

Had a blast with my 15-yr old granddaughter shooting robots and zombies! Full 360 VR experience, well worth the price, especially when a same day 2nd game is half off ... makes it $60 each player for the two 30 minute games. Best VR I've seen yet, just in time for Ready Player One! Highly recommend, ages 13+ — at Velocity VR.

Reviewed March 13, 2018

I try to get to Octane Raceway as often as I can! I always see many customers with smiles on their faces and telling stories to their friends about a race they just finished.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 4, 2018

I went to try out Virtual Reality with my son. I am 49 years old and he is 13. We tried the zombie game first with just the two of us and the robot attack with two other people. Warning: I tried not to provide "spoilers" but I may be giving away more than you want to know:

We thought the robot attack was a better starting game,for beginners. This is because the robots are not quite as "in your face" or overwhelming.

Also, it was much better to play with two other people. In the zombie game we were split up early so had to defend front and back. I seriously thought I might have a heart attack! With four people we would have had two on each elevator bank. This would allow a front and back on both sides so you aren't spinning, constantly defending your flank. Plus you stick with the person you signed up with.

Suggestion: Try the various weapon types early (or assign them to someone). Some weapons work with some enemies and some don't.

Prepare to sweat a little. No, you aren't running, but you twist and turn a lot. You can't wear glasses, but it's ok if you don't need them for screens. The headsets are bulky, but comfortable once you get used to it. The backpacks are pretty expensive ($5K?) so you want to be careful.

This is a blast, far better than any of the other VR we have tried.