I booked this property through RCI during Spring Break Week. I was given a handicapped room with no oven and a combination washer/dryer, which wasn't the best (I didn't need special accommodations--just "luck of the draw)." The microwave was also a convection oven, so that was sufficient. My "view" was of the parking lot and 101--you might want to request a mountain or courtyard/pool view. The location is wonderful, and it is very easy easy to get to a lot of places of interest. The SDO is about half a mile from 101 (watch out for photo radar speed trap as you come off od 101--the speed limit on Hayden Road is 40 mph) and it's about 2.5 miles to the amazing shops of Kierland Commons and several shopping plazas that contain Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. One mile in the other direction is a Fry's grocery.
Sedona is a lovely and easy 2-hr drive. Take 17N to 260 toward Cottonwood, then 89A to get to Sedona "the back way." Avoid Sedona on the weekends if you can! The natural scenery is stunning and there are plenty of galleries, shops and restaurants, but parking can be a challenge. It's easy to return to 17 via 179, which takes you past more excellent vistas.
Easy driving to the Desert Botanical Garden and Taliesen West, just try to avoid "rush hour" traffic" on 202 and 101. The museums and attractions of downtown Phoenix are also an easy drive.
The pool here is a great place to relax (it gets busy at about 8:30a) but the chairs are quite close together. There is a poolside grille by the main pool, and a "quiet/adult" pool a short walk from there. No restaurants on property, but there is a great variety of restaurants within 8-10 minutes.
The 1-bedroom "premium" suites are spacious, with very good kitchen items and provisions. Toaster, blender, dishwasher and coffee maker are provided. There are two gas fireplaces--1 in living room/1 in bedroom) and double sinks in the bathroom. There is a separate enclosed stand-alone shower and loo. The jacuzzi tubs in the bedrooms are apparently going to be removed in an upcoming renovation. There is a queen-sized sleep sofa in the living room.
The staff organizes a lot of kids' events, as well as information from tour providers and local artisans, and a weekly wine tasting ($15).
This is a great place for a vacation, and I look forward to coming back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinct beauty of the Sonoran Desert paints a picturesque backdrop for this family-friendly resort. Just moments from the area’s finest shopping, dining, entertainment and recreation, here is the perfect vantage point to make the most of your Scottsdale getaway. And when it’s time to relax, take comfort in the amenities right outside your villa door. Sheraton Desert Oasis has two types of villas, as detailed below. One-Bedroom Villa (approx. 500 square feet): Take in tranquil courtyard or resort views from a One-Bedroom Villa’s private balcony or patio, which is furnished with a table and chairs. Inside, gather on the living area’s sofa bed while watching the flat screen TV with a DVD player or listening to the Bose® Wave® stereo. Wireless High Speed Internet Access is complimentary. Nearby, a kitchenette is well equipped with a convection microwave, a refrigerator, a dishwasher, countertop appliances, and dinnerware. A dining table seats four. A washer and dryer are provided for your convenience. The separate bedroom features a king-size Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience for a good night’s sleep, as well as a second flat screen TV. Prepare for the day ahead in the bathroom, which includes a combination bathtub/shower and Shine for Sheraton™ bath amenities. One-Bedroom Premium Villa (approx. 790 square feet): Each One-Bedroom Premium Villa boasts a private balcony or patio, accessible from the living area and the bedroom. Kick back on the outdoor furniture while admiring courtyard or resort views. Inside, gather on the sofa bed as the gas fireplace warms the living room. An entertainment center comprises a flat screen TV, a DVD player, and a Bose® Wave® stereo. Wireless High Speed Internet Access is complimentary. Nearby, a kitchen is fully equipped with a range, an oven, a microwave, a full-size refrigerator, a dishwasher, countertop appliances, and dinnerware. Host a gathering of up to four people at the dining table, which is separated from the kitchen by a breakfast bar with seating for two. A washer and dryer are also provided for your convenience. In the separate bedroom, light up the fireplace, relax in the whirlpool tub, and watch a movie on the second flat screen TV. A king-size Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience promises a good night’s sleep. Prepare for the day ahead in the bathroom, which includes a walk-in shower and Shine for Sheraton™ bath amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Desert Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Desert Oasis Hotel Scottsdale
- Sheraton Hotel Scottsdale
- Sheraton Resort Scottsdale
- Sheraton Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Sheraton
- Desert Oasis Scottsdale
- Sheraton Desert Oasis Scottsdale, Arizona