What a great stay at the Sheraton. There were a few hiccups at first (a leaky tub, the furnace being worked on and hair on my linens), but everything was addressed within 10 minutes of reporting it. Our room was huge! It was like staying in our very own vacation apartment. We had all full size appliances, a jetted tub in the master bedroom with an extremely comfortable king bed and squishy pillows. The bathroom had 2 sinks and 2 shower heads in the shower. I'm only 4'10 so that was perfect for me. I think it's meant to accommodate a shower bench for someone with a disability. (The shower head is removable.) We had a decent size living room and dining room. It was only the 2 of us so we were happy.
Our first morning in we woke up early and headed down to the large pool. It was wonderful to be somewhere and actually enjoy the pool. The unique shape made it feel like you were in your own space even if there were a lot of people around. I enjoyed the Splash breakfast from the little on site eatery. Yum! The mozzerella sticks I had for dinner however, tasted frozen. I was sick and on medication while visiting so I did not get to enjoy all the delicious looking smoothies like the pina colada. Maybe next time. :-D
The landscaping is well kept up and very clean. I enjoyed the hidden hot tub through the waterfall. Inside the main building you will find a neat little gift shop. A gift shop in a hotel?! I got some beautiful new sandals for me and a hysterical t-shirt for my husband.
I think the comfort of this hotel while I was sick really made a difference on my trip. We are planning a 2nd trip out to AZ in a year or 2 and plan to come back for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinct beauty of the Sonoran Desert paints a picturesque backdrop for this family-friendly resort. Just moments from the area’s finest shopping, dining, entertainment and recreation, here is the perfect vantage point to make the most of your Scottsdale getaway. And when it’s time to relax, take comfort in the amenities right outside your villa door. Sheraton Desert Oasis has two types of villas, as detailed below. One-Bedroom Villa (approx. 500 square feet): Take in tranquil courtyard or resort views from a One-Bedroom Villa’s private balcony or patio, which is furnished with a table and chairs. Inside, gather on the living area’s sofa bed while watching the flat screen TV with a DVD player or listening to the Bose® Wave® stereo. Wireless High Speed Internet Access is complimentary. Nearby, a kitchenette is well equipped with a convection microwave, a refrigerator, a dishwasher, countertop appliances, and dinnerware. A dining table seats four. A washer and dryer are provided for your convenience. The separate bedroom features a king-size Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience for a good night’s sleep, as well as a second flat screen TV. Prepare for the day ahead in the bathroom, which includes a combination bathtub/shower and Shine for Sheraton™ bath amenities. One-Bedroom Premium Villa (approx. 790 square feet): Each One-Bedroom Premium Villa boasts a private balcony or patio, accessible from the living area and the bedroom. Kick back on the outdoor furniture while admiring courtyard or resort views. Inside, gather on the sofa bed as the gas fireplace warms the living room. An entertainment center comprises a flat screen TV, a DVD player, and a Bose® Wave® stereo. Wireless High Speed Internet Access is complimentary. Nearby, a kitchen is fully equipped with a range, an oven, a microwave, a full-size refrigerator, a dishwasher, countertop appliances, and dinnerware. Host a gathering of up to four people at the dining table, which is separated from the kitchen by a breakfast bar with seating for two. A washer and dryer are also provided for your convenience. In the separate bedroom, light up the fireplace, relax in the whirlpool tub, and watch a movie on the second flat screen TV. A king-size Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience promises a good night’s sleep. Prepare for the day ahead in the bathroom, which includes a walk-in shower and Shine for Sheraton™ bath amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Desert Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Desert Oasis Hotel Scottsdale
- Sheraton Hotel Scottsdale
- Sheraton Resort Scottsdale
- Sheraton Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Sheraton
- Desert Oasis Scottsdale
- Sheraton Desert Oasis Scottsdale, Arizona