1,162 results
All reviews full kitchen time share large waterfall quiet pool living room partial kitchen washer and dryer poolside grill larger unit through rci fry's supermarket hot tub pool area the loop timeshare presentation timeshare resort main pool
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton Desert Oasis in July 2012. We selected the hotel off of a timeshare list from our Groupon purchases. I did extensive research and read many reviews before the right hotel and date popped up. As soon as I saw it, I grabbed it because it was one of the top choices on my list in the US. Since the hotel is a timeshare, it has all of the amenitities of a condo/townhouse including a microwave/conv. oven, toaster, fridge, dishes, cookware. It reminded me of when I used to live in an apartment in Phoenix in my early 20's. The room had very updated decor and was very clean. We didn't have the additional room/lockout so we had to rent a rollaway bed (not much room for storing it during the day) because we have two teenagers (one boy, one girl). We used the pullout sofa for one and the rollaway for the teen. We also enjoyed our privacy with our own TV and queen size bed in the bedroom. They advertise that it sleeps 4, but without the lockout it really only sleeps 3 comfortably.

We had one maintenance issue (leaky fridge). I called the front desk and they sent someone to fix it within twenty minutes. No further issues and he was very quick, polite and professional.

The pools were very well kept and the grounds were also well maintained. The main pool has a separate hot tub behind the "falls." They do allow floats and water toys in the bigger pool so if you're looking for some quiet time, try the smaller pool which is designated as the "quiet pool."

They have daily activities for grown ups and kids; ice cream social, hot dogs, hula hoop contests, water aerobics, local vendors, wine social, local tour packages, etc. They leave a message on your room phone each night with the next day's activities. Some of them you need to sign up for in advance. We were not hounded about the timeshare. We received a quick overview when we checked in if we wanted to join a presentation and received one "note" on our door and one follow-up reminder call. It was certainly not high pressure at all nor did it interrupt our vacation. We chose to not sit in on the presentation (I sat in on a presentation many years ago for another timeshare) because we are not in the market for a time share at this point.

We would definitely recommend this hotel. It is within about 20 minutes from everywhere we went (except Sedona, of course). You do need a car. But I recommend shopping at the Fry's supermarket up the street before your stay and you can save money by preparing some of your meals at the hotel yourself rather than eating out every day. Very nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Cheryl W
SDOGM, Manager at Sheraton Desert Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear Cheryl W,

We thank you for such a wonderful and detailed account of your vacation experience with us! You brought to life everything the Desert Oasis has to offer our guests! From our rooms to our pools and the variety of activities both on and off property! It sounds like you made some special memories while you were with us. We invite you and your family back again and hope to become a tradition for you!

Warmest Wishes,

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I needed a retreat for inner personal reasons & there couldn't hve been a better place. All staff were helpful & so friendly. Everything you could want or need was there. I shopped @ Trader Joes before going & was able to just stay in swim suit or lounging clothes the whole time. Beautiful well cared for landscape, pool, cantina, gift shop......Just so happy I found this oasis from another trip advisor member. Can't wait to go back in a few weeks!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Sunya M

Dear Sunya,

It was our pleasure to provide you with peace and relaxation during your stay. We hope that you'll continue to use the Desert Oasis as your own private retreat and visit with us for the weeks and years to come!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was our first time in the Sharaton resort. It was a home away from home. We stayed in a one bedroom villa and it was plenty big for me, my husband and 2 children. It was so nice because there are dishes, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and washer/dryer in the room. I could do all my normal mommy things but in a relaxing setting. The maid service was amazing. We had fresh sheets, new towels, more laundry soap and more coffee every day. Our screen door to our balcany was off track so we informed the front desk and within 2 minutes there was someone there to fix it. All staff was excellent and truly there just to meet your needs. I was a little worried that maybe I should have upgraded our room to one with an actual hot tub in the room. I was worried for nothing because the jaccuzi tub was plenty big and worked just the same. The pool was beautiful. It was a bit crowded during the day but we are night owls and didn't usually go to the pool until about 10pm and the pool is open until midnight. It was not crowded during that time. The jaccuzi is very secluded and goergous. It's bigger than your normal hotel hot tub. Very relaxing. The location of the hotel is perfect. We had such a wonderful stay and can't wait until next time!!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank bbdsmama
SDOGM, Manager at Sheraton Desert Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Hello bbdsmama!

Thank you for a wonderful and glowing review!

We are so pleased you felt right at home in our comfortable rooms and even escaped the hot July sun by visiting our pools at night!

We hope that we continue to be your choice of Scottsdale resorts and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family and I took a vacation to Scottsdale, AZ. We had a relaxing and enjoyable time. The hotel was lovely, however, there were a few downfalls. First off, there was no Blu-ray player on the entire resort, not even to borrow or rent. Also, the one and only jacuzzi they had was out of commission during the entire seven days we were there. Lastly, when I needed assistance from one of the concierge people, I was told to call her back to find out the information I requested.

Room Tip: The one bedrooms have a nice jacuzzi tub in the bedroom!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Greetings christinamcneely!

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences at the Shearton Desert Oasis! We of course always strive for a perfect score from our guests and apologize that we fell short of your expectations.

One of our pool pumps went down causing us to close the jacuzzi for the weekend until repairs could be made, but we were able to get it up by Monday afternoon. We are sorry for any miscommunication that caused you to think it was down the whole week.

We have also passed your feedback to our lead concierge so they can follow up with the team member you encountered. This of course fell below our expectations, as well as yours. We are here to provide memorable experiences for our guests, and apologize for your experience.

We hope these small bumps along the way will not deter you from future stays with us and we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

From the time we were greeted at the front desk, to our departure, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Scott, the security guard got us a luggage cart and even offered to help with our luggage.
The large pool was very refreshing in the Arizona heat in July. The poolside bar had plenty of food and drink selections at reasonable prices.
Our accomodations were spacious and very well maintained and the bed was comfortable with extra large pillows. It had a large shower and a large jacuzzi tub. A wonderful experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kirk M

Thank you KirklandSuzieM!

We never get tired of hearing about our fantastic staff! The sparkling pool is a must have in the July heat!! We hope that you'll be back again soon. Please keep sharing your future experiences with us!