1,795 results
All reviews lazy river relaxation pool wine dinner tony miller golf course market grill bedroom premium starwood vacation starwood owners bedroom villa main resort villa guests fun team time share hotel pool vacation ownership scottsdale quarter
Reviewed October 18, 2015

Traditional one bedroom is great the effeciancy not as much. Most dissappointed in the no dog policy. We will not stay there again because of this. We travil to Arizona for two weeks every February and we bring our little Irish Jack. We stay at Luv or Kierland Commons now. If the Westin Villas ever change the policy we will be back. The hotel has a wing for dogs I do not understand why the Villas will not designate one or two of the builings pet friendly.

Room tip: Ask for golf course view high floor
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2015

Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the room, and apologize we aren't able to accept Jack. We are controlled by an association that currently doesn't allow pets in its bylaws. I will share your comments with our board when it next meets. Please feel free to contact me directly with any additional information or questions.

Reviewed October 17, 2015 via mobile

We stay here at least once a year. We have for years made this out stay vacation spot. The rooms are always clean and well kept. It's great to be able to cook breakfast or Grill dinner right there at the resort. But there are plenty of eating out options close by.
The kids love the slide and splash pad. Or to go to the hotel side and splash in he lazy river.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2015

Thank you for continuing to spend your vacations with us. We are fortunate to have many local guests who "staycation" here. Please let me know if I can help with any future trips.

Reviewed October 17, 2015

We got a great vacation deal offer due to my being an SPG member. The hotel was very good about checking me a couple of times before my arrival to schedule any local activities for me and give me advice. When we arrived, I was offered a chance to listen to a sales pitch to become a vacation owner, but unlike many other reviews I had read, it was not mandatory, and I did not feel pressured. I did attend anyway, just for curiosity's sake, but once again, did not feel pressured at all, and I chose not to join.

That said, the property was great, the villas were well furnished, and the amenities were outstanding. The restaurants are really good, although most of them are in the main hotel a little bit away. The kids loved the pools, and we had a couple of local activities that the hotel set up that we loved. The hotel even has a car rental company on premises, so you don't have to leave to rent a car. The shopping areas next door give significant discounts for being a guest at the hotel, which we appreciated too.

Was a great stay and would def recommend to use the villas or the hotel. Special thanks to Katy Locke, our concierge, who worked with us through the stay.

Room tip: The slides and lazy river at the pool are open only for a few hours each day. Make sure you check the timing if you want to make these
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

I appreciate your comments and your stay with us. I'm glad you mentioned our relationship with the shops at The Scottsdale Quarter and Kierland Commons. They do take great care of our guests. I'll let Katie know of your praise.

Reviewed October 17, 2015

We love staying at the Westin Kierland Villas. They have every amenity you could want, and if you can think of another one, you just ask the front desk, and within moments you'll have it. We loved our location, right by the family pool and spent a few hours each day playing at the pool. We like being able to return to our room for breaks from the sun, or for a quick snack. We enjoyed being able to use the facilities in the Resort as well (the lazy river and wave rider were highlights), but loved being at the Villas because it feels like "home". The location in Scottsdale is perfect too. Right near Kierland Commons and Scottsdale Quarter, and close to other dining, shopping and highlights! We look forward to returning next year again!

Room tip: lower floor, near family pool
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

"Home" is a great compliment. We actually strive to make our guests feel at home, since many either return often or stay for weeks at a time. Many of our guests also enjoy spending time at the resort's flowrider. It's an exciting time. We will look for you next year!

Reviewed October 16, 2015

This was our second stay at the property (part of the Starwood Timeshare program.) The room we had (1 BR Premium) was large with a full kitchen and dining area but the furniture has to go. Neither of the two chairs or couch are comfortable to sit in for more than a few minutes. Since we had rented a cabana for our stay by the pool, I usually sat out there since the chairs were much more comfortable. Along comes Tika one morning and I explained to her about the uncomfortable sitting issue in the villa and she and "J" immediately took two of the pool chairs up to our room to use during our stay. Every day, she would check in and make sure we were happy. If every resort had employees like Tika, the world would be a much happier place! We were in building one (where the check in desk is) above the McDowell Market & Grill. It can get a little noisy in the evening especially when noisy kids start raising a ruckus in the "Relaxation" pool and the management does nothing to quiet them. Overall we are happy with the resort and Nicole, a server at the pool deserves special mention. She was always there to bring you a drink or food and happy to visit with you.

Room tip: Building 3 facing the golf course is probably the best.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your recent stay and especially your praise of Taika! She is one of our stars and I appreciate your comments. I'll be sure and thank both Nicole and Taika for making your stay more special.