“Excellent As Always!”
Review of Soul Cafe

Soul Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Soul Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 1,323 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Miller
Description: Soul Cafe is owned and operated by Chef Sheila Bryson. She is the former owner of Heart & Soul Cafe on Carefree Hwy. We offer breakfast daily starting at 730am. We are open for dinner Tuesday - Saturday until 9pm offering a Southwest/Arizona cuisine.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Every time we come to Scottsdale, we make sure and visit Soul Cafe for dinner, and it never disappoints! I suggest making reservations just to make sure you get a table outside on the terrace. Everything we have ever ordered is excellent. This time it was coconut shrimp, meatballs, braised beef ravioli, and of course, a meal would not be complete without homemade key lime pie. In fact, if you love key lime pie, reserve your piece so you aren't disappointed if they run out. I'm not kidding...when you make your reservation or as soon as you arrive, mention that you will be ordering key lime pie for dessert. We were told breakfast here is amazing, but we didn't get a chance to return to give it a try.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We ate here twice while we were staying in the area - once for dinner and once for breakfast. For dinner, I had southwestern flavored shrimp and grits - crazy good! For a starter, I had the apple bleu salad - also good. My husband had the Mahi Mahi and he was very happy as well as the rest of the party. Service was excellent. We liked it so much, we went back a few days later for breakfast. They have lots of alcoholic drinks on the breakfast menu. The Mimosa kit was a great idea for a table of four; although, we did not partake. The other couple we were with had a Coffeetini & a Wake-Me-Up - they loved them! My husband and I had the french toast with fried chicken and a side of gravy - Oh my, it was good. Service again was awesome.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you "have to sit at the bar" it is the WORST SERVICE ever, expect your food in 45 minutes and cold

1  Thank suzannegalda
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We went the the Soul Cafe for dinner. It was recommended by a friend and had good reviews so we thought we’d give it a try. Our server, Eric, was awesome, making great recommendations for starters, entrees, wine, and dessert. We had the salmon on corn cake, Mahi mahi, beet salad, crispy cauliflower, Troublemaker blend, and blueberry pie. All were outstanding! I think we’ll go back for breakfast!

1  Thank Diane F
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Yes they have bacon and eggs but if you want something out of the ordinary you might want to give this place a try.
We’ve been come here for two years and we have never had a bad meal. I enjoy their lemon ricotta pancakes even though I’m not a pancake regular pancake eater. Their offer several other varieties. The menu offers many southwest inspired menu offerings for breakfast. Homemade granola, really fresh fruit bowls, many out of the ordinary omelette creations. The breakfast menu is two sided so it takes awhile to read the menu because their are so many unusual creative offerings. Not enough space here to go through everything. Food quality is top not notch, service always friendly and helpful.

1  Thank 47sue2015