“JUST AWFUL- get over yourselves, you're in Scottsdale!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kazimierz World Wine Bar
Ranked #31 of 72 Nightlife in Scottsdale
Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

Where shall I start.....this place was a recommendation from our friend (who owns two restaurants in Scottsdale) it was myself, husband, and four close friends. We are from Denver, San Diego, anchorage, and Miami respectively, in town to celebrate my 40th (my folks live in Scottsdale and have for some time) anyway we get to the area where this place is located, you have to walk though a dark alley to get to the obscure location off of the Main Street. We were told to "go down the alley, where we would have to see a guy on a stool" to get in. Now we all have pretty good senses of humor and of course start joking about this on our way to the bar, we were loud, of course, but making jokes as people do. The "guy on the stool" apparently heard all of this and was unhappy and took offense to the fact that we were talking about "him" though we had no idea who "he" was. He told us he didn't think he wanted to let us in, which we thought was a joke. It wasn't. He was a petulant child with the intellect of a gnat.
I then called the establishment the next day to speak with the Manager on Duty, he was dismissive at best and didn't even ask for my information to follow up.
Get it together Kazimierz, you're so pathetic and overrated.

1  Thank Leslie C

Reviewed February 6, 2017

My cousin was in town from Chicago and he's likes to be out and about. Surprisingly, he had never to Kazimierz. The live band was rocking the house with some classic dance R & B, people were having fun but then we ordered drinks. They were out of so much on their drink menu that I'm not sure what my husband ended up drinking that night. I would have given them a five but this seems to be an issue with them. And, since they are charging a cover fee you think they would have a fully stocked bar. If the wines you offer are discontinued then be professional and change your wine and drink list. If you like live music...it's still a great place to hang out.

Reviewed April 3, 2016 via mobile

It used to be entertaining to try to get through the fifty page disorganized wine list, but at least there were people who would help you find something unique and worth drinking. Now there is little chance they have what you order or even what they think have. After three tries we took any Washington Syrah they had for under $100, which turned out to be one. They did not know the wine and it was boring. It took us 45 minutes to find a bottle. Ordered a lousy martini while we waited. They need to get organized and hire people knowledgeable about wine or stop calling this a wine bar.

1  Thank Jlsellers
Reviewed November 9, 2015

Dropped in early enough on a Saturday evening to get a good 2-top table. The room is pretty dark, so take a bit to adjust and I did see a couple of smartphone flashlights to help read menus. An adventure of a bottle list and enough by the glass to keep you treated. We had a glass to start and then the band started playing, so we decided to stay and share a bottle. Great service from our server. Interesting people watching and conversation hearing. We were able to purchase a couple of bottles to take home with us. I have been there previously, though this was my wife's first visit - she enjoyed it very much and we should return for future visits.