All reviews small airport private airport front desk best westerns breakfast staff free breakfast great place to stay breakfast bar within a mile radius shuttle service breakfast room awesome hotel would stay here again great shopping mayo clinic living room king suite
Reviewed March 30, 2018

I had a room here for three nights, Tuesday-Friday. The room was very clean. Had a king-size bed and separate "living room" area, Room 401. Although I had requested a quiet room, this was both near the elevator (not in itself noisy, but other guests who got out of it were noisy) and near the rooftop air ducts/heating-cooling system. But the worst noise is the large construction site right across the way-- trucks start arriving around 3:30am, complete with loud back-up beeps and idling engines. Sadly, the noise is loud enough to wake me up despite using earplugs. I know this isn't the hotel's fault, but it is still a factor for people who need a full night's sleep before work.

Breakfast was decent, the women working in the breakfast area were very nice. Parking is adequate and there's a large mall nearby for restuarants. Good, safe location. Sadly, will not stay there again until the construction is complete.

Room Tip: 401 is near elevator and rooftop cooling/heating system.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
ThunderbirdSuites, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Scottsdale Thunderbird Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2018

Reviewed March 27, 2018

This hotel was not what we expected based on the online promotions which oversold it. It is very dated and the location is directly bordering on a large private airport. The staff was excellent. The included breakfasts were palatable. The room was very dark and the balcony was too small to be of much use.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
ThunderbirdSuites, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Scottsdale Thunderbird Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Reviewed March 25, 2018

Rooms were clean and lobby was very inviting. Breakfast was great and staff was extremely pleasant. Steve at breakfast and Lori the bartender in the lounge were obviously happy to be at their jobs and went out if their way to be sure we had a pleasant experience while at the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Reviewed March 24, 2018

What made this hotel good for us was the location and flexibility of the room layout. Our room had two rooms - one that had two double beds and bathroom and one room had a pull out sleeper sofa, desk and kitchenette. There were 5 of us so the lay out was good. This is a basic hotel, but it suited our needs. It was quite, which is always important. The bathroom amenities were ok - the soaps were fine but the shampoo/conditioner were junk, and very skimpy in supply.

The breakfast was generous and varied each day. They had a hot buffet with the usual oatmeal, sausage, bacon, some type of egg and some type of waffle/pancake. Yogurt, fruits, cereals, muffins, toast, bagels were all available as well. The eating area was clean and spacious.

The pool was nice, mostly in the sun and clean. The hot tub, on the other hand, had a strong yellow hue to it and did not look clean or inviting.

The location is great. We could walk to The Quarter and Kierland Commons and all of the shops and restaurants. We spent little time in the room and most of our time out and about, so it was just what we needed.

The hotel is a good value and good basic format.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

I wanted to give this hotel a better review but by the time we left I was just so over this place. We traveled to Scottsdale for spring training. From the moment we checked in until we left it was constant disappointment. 1st of all -Terrible location. Sits almost right on top of the airport and not close to parks. Many closer hotels to each ball park, with better pricing. The room was out dated and very basic. At check in the gentleman was very short with me and said he would take care of my charges for the room in an hour or so and just gave me the keys. I should have known I would be charged incorrectly. The bathrooms were newer but very small. We found silverfish bugs two different days in our room. The breakfast was good and the staff in the breakfast lounge were very pleasant. We had the do not disturb on the doo and it was taken off and housekeeping entering while we were not in the room. We had all new towels. The second day we had requested someone-a manager- call us about behind OVERCHARGED by $200 and were assured they would. This was NOT a pending charge or the deposit for the room. No one ever called. Upon check out the lady at the front desk was very rude, and unapologetic. Again assuring someone would call us. When we explained we found bugs in the room plus we were supposed to be contacted about the overcharge she asked us to “ loose the edge and stop being snotty” I’m sure she would had an attitude if someone took $200 from her and never said sorry. The overall look of the hotel was more of a motel I have had very bad experiences with best westerns lately and do not plan to stay again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Krysblair
ThunderbirdSuites, Manager at Best Western Plus Scottsdale Thunderbird Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2018