“Very good food but service could be better”
Review of Sushi J

Sushi J
Ranked #360 of 1,379 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed February 25, 2017

I went with a friend for dinner at 8 pm, had a reservation and we were seated quickly.
The first waitress who came to our table seemed very confused, I could hardly understand her English and she did not understand mine...ok I am French but live in the USA for 40 years. I thought I ordered Edamame and sparkling water and ask for the wine list......well 5' later a waiter came to the table and told us the waitress did not understand me. And he told me there was no wine list but offered a bottle of Montpellier Chardonnay ( very good and reasonable for $22. We had filled our orders and gave them to him. My friend ordered rolls, Monster ,Superman , Las Vegas and Dragon + 2 pieces of Uzura sushi, I tasted all the rolls and they were excellent, I ordered Soft Shell Crab , very good, it was the first thing served, my friend had to wait 15' and 3 rolls arrived at the same time.....then I had to wait 15' for my sashimi octopus ( very chewy only ate 1 piece) Yellowtail, Eel/Unagi both extremely good, then I got Uni but they brought sushi instead of sashimi ( they made the change with no problem. We finished with 2 very good Green Tea ice cream. The bill was $142.13 after the day special Customer appreciation 15% discount. I added a 20% tip.
I will go back for the food hoping that the service will be better and that each guest gets food at the same time.

Reviewed February 13, 2017

The sushi is fresh and we especially enjoyed "J's sushi roll" also tried the peach Saki for the first time and it was wonderful.

Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

I went with some friends to Sushi J's and had an absolute fabulous dining experience sitting at the bar

J prepared most of our food and we did not order off the menu just told him to go for it

The scallops were some of the best I have ever had they were huge and cooked to perfection we had some amazing food and rolls that were beyond description my recommendation is no experience Sushi J's

Reviewed July 27, 2016

The food was extremely slow to come out for us (we saw others getting served a bit quicker); but it was well worth the wait. The food tasted great and we were compensated for our wait with a free dessert that tasted wonderful.

Reviewed April 18, 2016

Beautiful restaurant, incredible service, outstanding sashimi, sushi and cooked dishes. Creative menu, reasonable prices, good wine, beer and sake menu. All in all a really great place!!!!!