Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Excellent 5/5
Average 3/5
Scottsdale Plaza Resort(Scottsdale)
3,082 results
All reviewsgondola ridemineral poolcanyon marketswb restaurantsouthwest bistrosand beachadult poolnightly entertainmentpool areagolf courselobby barself parkingbeautiful groundsspring breakfamily vacationfamily poolcommon areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I booked my room months ago, requested a king bed- ended up in a handicapped room with walls pounding from the loud music below. Literally- can't sleep, can't take a hot bath and am wondering why I paid all this money to stay at this resort when there are so many good hotels in Scottsdale.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
GDPScottsdale, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

We apologize for any inconvenience noise at the resort caused. We hope you will consider returning for a more typical experience at the resort in a room farther from any disruption. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

We are frequent travelers to the Phoenix metro area.This was our third stay at the Regency Scottsdale( which we typically enjoy) and I have to say we were disappointed. Though we reserved a king bed room, we were told on arrival none were available. At approximately 1000$/day(not implying our room rate was this high) for our short 48 hour stay in town, we would have expected that the hotel could have informed us our room type selection was unavailable prior to our arrival. If you book via a third party like Orbitz, expect to be treated somewhat second class.( No morning paper, perfunctory excuses, etc.) They better be careful as I suspect third party booking is in fact becoming a bigger market share of hotel business. With so many other excellent choices in the Phoenix area I suspect this will be our last stay. Sad, the grounds are lovely and the bar is nice.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed for 4 night in February. The hotel and grounds are beautiful. The pool is heated and well maintained and only 4 feet deep anywhere except one odd pool (looks like a hottub area) is 8 feet deep and only 10x10 (be careful if you have little ones). There is also an adult only pool and a large hottub (for kids & adults) . The room was large with two full size beds. Beds are VERY comfortable! Large TV, small fridge and safe in room. Huge bathroom, spacious shower but no tub (at least in our room). We had a lovely room near one of the ponds. There are no bad views from this hotel. There were some nice family activities on Friday nights - a bird rescue show with hawks, eagles and vultures (my son loved it) and a native indian dance (fun and informative). Each night they had live music in an indoor/outdoor living room setting and kids are welcome. The staff was very helpful and very accommodating for a late check-out. Food is a bit expensive as are the drinks, but that's to be expected. Try their 3 types of salsas with chips- delicious! We really liked this hotel- probably one of the nicest we've stayed in!

Room Tip: Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby - just a short drive from the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
GDPScottsdale, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for providing such a positive review of our resort. We're extremely pleased with your review of our guestrooms and family-friendly amenities. We hope to see you again soon for more salsa!

Reviewed 27 February 2012

My four night stay is coming to an end. The grounds of this resort is amazing but there are inconsistencies that cause it to fall short of a five star property. Upon arrival and check in I was greeted as my sedan driver pulled up but once I mentioned I thought I could take care of my two bags that was it. I found my way to the front desk and the girl helping me was very cold and could care less. I arrived early and although I had called the previous day to see if this would be a problem, she explained that check in was not until four o'clock and would just have to wait. Those were here exact words. She did put me in a queue when a room was clean. She gave me card so I could walk around for five hours and sit by the pool. I then explained that I didn't sleep well and please give me a room that is quiet. She would try. By the way, Hyatt sent me and email a few days prior to sign up for an upgrade of which none was available. This hotel is so busy with meeting attendees that I don't think this upgrade idea ever works out. I waited about two and a half hours then decided to inquire. Oops, a room just happens to be ready. This room was right in the middle of the hotel overlooking the restaurants and the nightly music. I was then given a room that was overlooking a ramp that was used for service and next to the ice machine. Finally I was helped by a very nice and intelligent lady Courtney. She gave me a great room that although does not have a great view but is quiet and has a great balcony. I chose to rate the room low because the rug was dirty. My socks were always dirty. Housekeeping does not vaccuum the edges just the middle. Very dusty. Makes me wonder about how clean the rest is. Also, I noticed every day housekeeping staff standing around talking and sitting around the corner so they would not get caught. This place is huge so I can understand how this can happen but this is a management problem. I gave one of the cleaning ladies a plate left in my room and this was put on the floor around the corner and still there two days later. They just aren't doing their job. The pool area is nothing short of amazing. Beautiful waterfalls and various areas everywhere. Day and night. Night is spectacular. I chose the Regency Club upgrade and this was nice. Worth the price. Wi-Fi, fitness center, and spa access, as well as club amenities included. The location of the resort is a good ways away from malls and other things. A regular taxi is still $15. Ask for a metered cab because they will try to sell you one of their contracted sedans. $20. So all in all, the resort grounds and spa and Regency Club are nice and worth the price but the rooms are dated and mine was simply unclean as well as other areas. Definately ask for a room overlooking the water garden or lagoon and ask for one on either the third or fourth floors. I may come back since I know what to ask for where to stay but I will be bringing my own cleaning supplies.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank rons504
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Loved this hotel!! It is so beautiful and the location is gorgeous. Rooms are good, pool is huge and the staff was so nice and helpful. We'll definetely get back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
GDPScottsdale, Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thank you for your raving review! We'll look forward to seeing you again for another great trip!