My wife and I had never been to Scottsdale, so I searched out hotels on Trip Advisor before making our choice of where to stay. I We wanted a full service resort, that had some nice pools to relax around. There were some mixed reviews on the Fairmont Scottsdale, but having stayed at numerous other Fairmonts I decided to make the reservation. When reading the reviews I usually consider the number of excellent vs terrible and read a section of each, realizing that some people will never be satisfied with anything. Having said that however, I have to admit that I was a bit nervous about our stay. I shouldn't have been.
We were greeted by the valet and bell staff and when I said that I wanted to self park they still took great care of us, unlike other hotels that we have visited. Check in staff were friendly, prompt and our reservation was 100% accurate. As soon as I was finished a the check in desk a bellman was right behind me to greet me, find out where our room was, gave me directions to the self park and get our luggage to our room. By the time that we got to our room, the luggage was there and the bellman pointed out the features of the room and property and went to get us ice before he left.
We had a corner room in building B that overlooked one of the fountains and the golf course. Room was large, spacious, clean and well maintained. The first night our room seemed to be too warm and I suspected that the air conditioner was not functioning properly. I made a call to the royal service desk and advised them of the problem and that we were just leaving for breakfast. By the time that we got back to the room the problem was fixed, maintenance had left a card that showed that they were there only 20 minutes after calling. This was followed up by a voice message from the desk to ensure that the problem had been taken care of .
We really enjoyed our days around the pool - we especially enjoyed the east pool. The pool attendants were very helpful and friendly, but unobtrusive. When someone left the pool area, an attendant would appear from somewhere, change the covering on the lounge, and disappear quickly with the used covering and towels. Very relaxing and very quiet. There was an abundance of sun and shade spots at the east pool and this suited us perfectly.
The grounds were absolutely spectacular and we just loved our morning and evening walks around the lagoons and greens. Ducks, herons, rabbits, fish, benches, chairs, fire pits. It was more than we ever expected.
Service was first class, the room was extremely comfortable and well maintained, the grounds were spectacular and the pool areas were just what we wanted.
Unfortunately we booked kind of late and were only able to get 5 nights at the Fairmont and we had to move to another hotel for the last 3 nights of our stay in Scottsdale. It did give us a chance to compare and although the other hotel was rated 5 stars as well, it wasn't. Fairmont Scottsdale - we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you set foot on the grounds of the AAA/CAA Five Diamond Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, you are surrounded by a mystical landscape of lagoons, fountains, fire pits, colorful desert plants and expansive green spaces – all set amid the sun-drenched Sonoran Desert and the majestic McDowell Mountains of Arizona. Blending exquisite pampering and warm, personalized service with alluring Spanish-style architecture and outdoor adventure, the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess offers all of the superb amenities you expect from a world-class destination resort: -Lavish Well & Being Spa, featuring a variety of spa, wellness and fitness services -Two championship-level TPC golf courses, home to the Annual PGA Tour Waste Management Phoenix Open -Six sparkling heated pools, featuring waterslides, cabanas, poolside service and a 9,000 sq. ft. white sand beach -Five award-winning restaurants and lounges, with something delectable for every taste -316,000 square feet of flexible event space, including both indoor and outdoor venues with two conference centers -Trailblazers Family Adventure Center, offering a wide range of onsite activities to keep kids happy and engaged -Personalized Concierge services, offering access to exciting activities to satisfy everyone ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Fairmont Hotels, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairmont Scottsdale Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
- Fairmont Hotel Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Fairmont
- Scottsdale Princess
- Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Arizona