I stayed the in Jan2012 for a three nights as we had a company event.
The biggest plus for the phoenician is it's amazing area which includes:
- awesome golf course
- and something like an private Mountain where you have an amzing view
You basically have the impression that you are stranded in a luxury oasis. So alone the whole setup is worth a visit, if not for the night then for you hanging out at the pool or the terrace witha an amazing view over the valley or just a round golf.
The Service is on a very good standard, there is nothing to complain but also nothing to highlight.
The Food is als very good standard with the same lack of low- or highlights.
Housekeeping was very good, the rooms are perfectly clean.
The rooms are the weak spot. As the Hotel has already a couple of year in his records, the rooms could you a renovation or at least a minor modernisation. i.e The instruments to control the air condition seemed to me to be like 30 yers old. The biggest issue was the mini bar which was really noisy.
I am always wondering why hotels wait that long to make a modernization. Is it because they earn enough money due to a lack of competition or is it that they don't earn enough to invest and try to milk the cow to it's leats extent. Regardless of what it really might be, if they would spend this minor effort they would have gotten an excellent rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Phoenician is a luxury resort in Scottsdale, AZ that offers a 27-hole championship golf course, onsite spa, and over 160,000 sq ft of indoor and outdoor event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your The Phoenician, Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Arizona