All reviews mayo clinic tilted kilt choice hotels bell road north scottsdale waffle maker yogurt make your own waffles free shuttle boiled eggs needed a place to stay refrigerator and microwave free breakfast is the breakfast area shuttle service within a mile radius rooms are clean
Reviewed May 24, 2018

The room was spacious, clean, and without strong freshener odors. Very Quiet. Windows open for fresh air. We did not try the pool or work-out area. We appreciated walking distance to shopping and restaurants at the Promenade Mall. The breakfast was normal fare. I am not sure if they had fresh fruit - I don't think so. But they had scrambled eggs, hash browns and what looked like rubbery bacon. The popular waffles and flavored yogurt. Just once I would like to see Greek Plain Yogurt (sigh).

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2018

We booked 2 nights at this hotel months ago. Then due to changing circumstances we tried to cancel one night. We booked through Wotif and after contacting them on a number of occasions to cancel we had no response. When checking into the hotel my husband mentioned that we only required the one night and how we had tried to cancel it. We had paid for the two nights in advance and thought we would just have to forego the money for the second night but no the staff member very kindly cancelled the it on the spot and refunded our money. We were so grateful for him doing this. We checked into our room when I noticed that the shower was dripping and it was really loud this was something that would drive me crazy. I spoke to the gentleman on reception (Francesco?) he said maintenance had finished for the day, but he would move us to another room. The bed and pillows were lovely and we had a lovely spacious shower, rooms were very quiet. Only complaint would be the air conditioner was very noisy. Breakfast was fine nothing special but enough to start the day. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2018

All aware Scottsdale is quite on the pricey side. Those Bentley’s, Tesla’s, and Aston Martins came from somewhere. That being said, Sleep Inn was the Host hotel for the Color Breed horse show at Westworld my barn was competing at. Three rooms, 5 adults, 2 kids. Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday night stay, one competitor left a day earlier. On Saturday we receive a note under the door that the band is going to be loud, so c’mon down for a free earplugs. Return to the room after a 14 hour day, mostly outdoors, to the band rockin my room, until, I was informed midnight. Had to get up at 4:30 am to feed horses and get ready. I switched with one of the teenagers in a room on the same floor, but opposite end, which was quiet as a library. Complained the next day and room was comped. But...they knew we were competing why didn’t they give us a room on that side to flipping begin with?? Room appeared clean but very small with a small shower. By the time I showered at 8 there wasn’t enough hot water. Beds were comfortable enough

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2018

At 1 am in the morning, I heard a toilet flush, it was my toilet or seemed so. It was actually my sink being drained of the water in the trap because the soil stack for this room was plugged or something, so someone flushing a toilet on this "stack" will result in a kind of suction that sucks the water out of sink, shower, and toilet trips. I filled up the sink with water, put a cloth on the overflow port and figured this would stop the noise. It worked but in the morning the toilet was empty and the WC has a slight sewer smell. I'm pointing this out for maintenance so that this issue might be looked at. Otherwise, avoid rooms on the soil stack, 111, 113, 211, 213, 311,313.

OTHER than not getting an interrupted sleep, all was well. I've stayed here lots of times and find it a decent value and a good location, and I'll be back but won't accept any of these mentioned rooms.

Room Tip: not 111, 113, 211, 213, 311, 313 due to maintenance issue
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank daveferre80
Reviewed February 10, 2018

My husband was scheduled for major knee surgery at Mayo Clinic Hospital. We needed a place to stay before the surgery and while he was in the hospital as well as day before we returned home. This has the best rooms for our purposes. The included breakfast is always the best and the shuttle service was helpful to take him to the hospital for surgery and later for me to visit him in hospital. Staying at the hotel was superior to hospital waiting area.

Stayed: February 2018