This place flat out cheated me via a bate-n-switch on Hotwire, and would not return my money or even give me the deal I signed up for when I expressed my concerns.
I booked a room for Sept 30th-Oct 1st that was advertised as a (around) $75 room, but had been discounted to (around) $55. Also said it was comparable to Radisson, Garden Inn, Double Tree, Holiday Inn, etc.
Once the hotel was revealed to me, I looked at Hospitality Suite's website and saw they were selling 75 dollar rooms, which were renovated, but they also had cheaper rooms that were much older, and not comparable to those other hotels referenced. I took screen shots of the deal I agreed to on Hotwire ($55 for a $75 room), and of what they were selling direct off their own site.
When I checked in, I found out that they were putting us in the cheap rooms. I explained, and showed the screen shots, that the deal I signed up for said they were selling a $75 dollar room for $55 dollars, and asked for that to be honored. I explained that it's not honest to say they're selling $75 room for $55 when in actuality they're really just selling their $55 room for full price- that's not the deal advertised!
Also, agaia, the cheaper room they were trying to put me in was dingy and old, and not comparable to the hotels advertised.
I was told by the clerk that his management would not allow him to put me in the $75 rooms (the ones I signed up for! ) without a $30 upgrade charge. I then respectfully asked if I could just have my money back, and was told that management would not allow that, either!
He told me to call Hotwire. But Hotwire can't issue refunds, only the hotel - so my legitimate concerns were basically just blown off by the hotel.
I don't hold it against the clerk, he's just doing his job with the orders given to him. He said he understood what my issue was and so was nice enough to take my email and phone number. No one bothered to ever contact me tho.
I didnt even wind up checking in, as the hotel rooms they were attempting to bate-and-switch me to were old and dingy and not what I was looking for for that night with my girl.
I stay in the area often, but based on this shiesty experience and the fact that management wouldn't allow their clerk to make it right, or even return my money, I will not be staying here, even after the renovations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming hotel is located in Scottsdale on the borders of Scottsdale, Pheonix, and Tempe. Providing guests with outstanding services and amenities - including a free happy hour each evening and, if you book directly with the hotel, a free breakfast each morning! Each room is tucked away in a private courtyard setting amidst the tall palm trees and bougainvillea. The majority of rooms overlook crystal blue pools for guests' daytime and evening pleasure. Two room types or suites are available. The Studio Suite offers a one room suite with a kitchenette, and the One Bedroom Suite offers either one queen bed, or 2 double beds, a pull-out-sofa and a separate living area and kitchen. The kitchens come fully equipped offering guests the opportunity for extended stay vacations. Nearby recreation makes this hotel a haven for the sports enthusiast. Featuring golf and tour services, several restaurants within walking distance, biking, hiking, and jogging trails all close access to property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hospitality Suite Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hospitality Hotel Scottsdale
- Hospitality Resort Scottsdale
- Hospitality Suites Scottsdale
- Hospitality Suite Resort Scottsdale, Arizona