“Dishonest and a rip off...”

Hospitality Suite Resort
Ranked #67 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

This place flat out cheated me via a bate-n-switch on Hotwire, and would not return my money or even give me the deal I signed up for when I expressed my concerns.

I booked a room for Sept 30th-Oct 1st that was advertised as a (around) $75 room, but had been discounted to (around) $55. Also said it was comparable to Radisson, Garden Inn, Double Tree, Holiday Inn, etc.

Once the hotel was revealed to me, I looked at Hospitality Suite's website and saw they were selling 75 dollar rooms, which were renovated, but they also had cheaper rooms that were much older, and not comparable to those other hotels referenced. I took screen shots of the deal I agreed to on Hotwire ($55 for a $75 room), and of what they were selling direct off their own site.

When I checked in, I found out that they were putting us in the cheap rooms. I explained, and showed the screen shots, that the deal I signed up for said they were selling a $75 dollar room for $55 dollars, and asked for that to be honored. I explained that it's not honest to say they're selling $75 room for $55 when in actuality they're really just selling their $55 room for full price- that's not the deal advertised!

Also, agaia, the cheaper room they were trying to put me in was dingy and old, and not comparable to the hotels advertised.

I was told by the clerk that his management would not allow him to put me in the $75 rooms (the ones I signed up for! ) without a $30 upgrade charge. I then respectfully asked if I could just have my money back, and was told that management would not allow that, either!

He told me to call Hotwire. But Hotwire can't issue refunds, only the hotel - so my legitimate concerns were basically just blown off by the hotel.

I don't hold it against the clerk, he's just doing his job with the orders given to him. He said he understood what my issue was and so was nice enough to take my email and phone number. No one bothered to ever contact me tho.

I didnt even wind up checking in, as the hotel rooms they were attempting to bate-and-switch me to were old and dingy and not what I was looking for for that night with my girl.

I stay in the area often, but based on this shiesty experience and the fact that management wouldn't allow their clerk to make it right, or even return my money, I will not be staying here, even after the renovations.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Georgene C, Manager at Hospitality Suite Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

We are sorry you feel that you have been misled, but it was not by us. In fact, we do not even work with hotwire - we do work with Expedia who sells our rooms via hotwire. You can take this issue up with them. As we explained to you when you were at the hotel - we do not work with hotwire and have even expressed to expedia that we do not want our rooms sold on that channel. Again, we are very sorry for any confusion and we urge you to please go to hotwire and express your concerns with them as we did not advertise anything rooms with them. We receive the reservations from expedia.com, (which they sell on other channels), which detailed the room that we assigned you.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel was terrible. No facilities were open (restaurant, bar etc.). Pool was small and filthy to the point that my wife actually saw a resident washing his clothes in the pool. They are currently undergoing renovation so it was smelly, loud and dirty. To make things worse we were kept awake from 1:30-4:00am by the couple in the room next door having a blazing row. Their website is deceiving as it makes it look much better than it is. I will be asking for a refund for this part of our stay from my tour operator.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank gholley1988
Georgene C, Manager at Hospitality Suite Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

We deeply apologize and will gladly issue the refund. Be assured we look into this immediately.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Clean comfortable room; convenient travel amenities including laundry and boarding pass printer; easy drive to airport. Great for a short stay. No frills. I was there on a week night and there was a little party noise from revelers when the nearby bar closed.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank maryjoyrenfro
Georgene C, Manager at Hospitality Suite Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

We appreciate your comments. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to Arizona for a few days to get some pool time in march. Since it was spring break hotel prices were insane. We booked on Hotwire and were not impressed with the result. We weren't expecting much after looking at photos and reviews.The hotel room was dark and the bed had no frame. The box spring had a big nasty stain down the side. I was afraid to touch anything. I wanted to leave but we made the best of it and spent as much time out of our room as possible. Also on Hotwire it advertised free wifi but we could not get a signal in our room. The only upside was that there was a nice pool area and small flat screen tv in the bedroom. Would not ever stay again!!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank giogirl
Georgene C, Manager at Hospitality Suite Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

We do apologize that you did not enjoy your room. We do attempt, to be honest about the condition of our property as reflected in rates and in comments on our website. We have been promised by our owners that a remodel will be completed by the fall.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

I got scammed into this room with a Hotwire deal and was not excited about it. The "resort" is not is the best area of Scottsdale. The ground were kept nice and the pool and BBQ's were nice amenities BUT this did not make up for the old dingy rooms. Took the comforter off the bed to find a super stained mattress, which was lumpy and uncomfortable. The shower was tiny but did have good water pressure. There was a musty smell in the room as well. I was glad that we only needed to stay one night here.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle S
Georgene C, Manager at Hospitality Suite Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

We apologize for our rooms. They are in need of an update which we are currently working on completing. Expedia has sold our rooms via hotwire. We had taken our rooms off of Hotwire, an Expedia-owned site some time ago as we want a guest to have to ability to read our reviews, visit our site and know what they are booking. We have been promised that our rooms will be 100% remodeled by the fall.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Stale smoke smell in room. Cigarette burns/melts in carpet. Dated, worn(to the frame on one chair) upholstery. Flat pillows. Others' hair in my tub, and around bedding. Banged up wallboard. Peeling ceiling in shower. Road noise(bedroom wall and window abut Scottsdale Ave).Weak and positional(free) non streaming Wifi. No curtains/dingy vertical blinds. Gum stuck on headboard. Rental efficiency Apts. share the facilities. I stayed near SkyHarbor in a beautiful HI for $25.00 more than here, and the two are night and day. Mallory and Mickey might stay here. See pics.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank ayuh
Georgene C, Manager at Hospitality Suite Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

We do apologize. We will be addressing the issues you mentioned.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

We hadn't booked anywhere in Phoenix so just turned up at 5 hotels asking to see their rooms. We loved the location of the Hospitailty but the first room they showed us was a bit tired and had 2 double beds which was not going to work with our 2 boys. We asked if they had a room with two queen beds and were shown their newly styled rooms which were fabulous - the best of our driving holiday so far and since (incl the MGM GRrand on Las Vegas). We had such a good first day by the pool that we decided to stay a 3rd night. Cannot recommend this place enough for the high quality and size of the rooms, cleanliness, pool and helpful friendly staff. 11 out of 10!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Samp-devon

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We are hoping to have all of our rooms remodeled by fall. Thank you for your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
3 Palms Hotel
#37 of 75 in Scottsdale
Comfort Suites Old Town
#56 of 75 in Scottsdale
Downtown Scottsdale
Motel 6 Scottsdale
Motel 6 Scottsdale
#59 of 75 in Scottsdale

Been to Hospitality Suite Resort? Share your experiences!