All reviews on site restaurant bit dated old town scottsdale kitchenette arizona
Reviewed December 31, 2010

I was in Phoenix area to visit family Dec 8 through 10, 2010 and we stayed at the Hospitality Suite Resort in Phoenix. We flew into Sky harbor airport and had no trouble finding the hotel. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We were there for 3 days and had the complimentary breakfast each morning. There wasn't a large selection on the menu to order but what we all had was very good. We had cocktails one of the evenings and enjoyed sitting around talking with everyone. We also went into the lounge later in the evening and had a good time in there and had dinner in there one night and the food was very good. The bartender was even making some of our local Wis drinks (brandy old fashions) with some directions. The rooms were large and quiet and I would stay here again if in the area. We didn't swim in the pools because the weather was cool and rainy while we were there.

Date of stay: December 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2010

I was looking to be frugal, shopping for the best rates at non brand name places. This place caught my eye as it had comp. breakfast. Location wise was ok cause I was traveling through out the valley, but the construction on Scottsdale north of this location was slightly confusing. As others have stated, this is not a resort. This is a two star location at best with older furniture and overall, a very worn look. The fridge and microwave was nice. The AC was noisy. Shower only in the smaller rooms, no tub. One afternoon, the water went out, repaired by the time I returned that evening. Breakfast was in a separate bar- restaurant. The food appeared to be pre-cooked except for the eggs. I was trying to be cheap, that's the kinda place I ended up with. This place caters to tours as two tour buses were ready to leave by 8am, so the breakfast was very busy and was no a real cook to order venue. I'd pass, even Extended Stays are better than this.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Hospitality Suites is a sweet alternative to a bargain hotel chain, and a friendly place to stay. It is a bit of a walk into downtown Scottsdale, but there are busses running if you don't rent a car. Lots of groups and international travelers seem to find the place, and the BBQ and happy hour setup allows for some chatting time with other travelers. Avoid Building A if you want a little more quiet in the evening. B & C have no elevators but are only 2 stories and have pools and BBQ's in the central area. Shuttle to and from airport, quick and simple breakfast available in a sit-down restaurant, and easy access to a local Budget Car Rental from the hotel if you want a car rental without the extra airport fees.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2010

This is not a resort. It is an oldass apartment complex converted into a motel.
It is a hole. They do a good job of making it look like a nice resort. It is in no way a resort.
Motel 6 would indeed be a better choice because it is cheaper and they don't try to confuse people into thinking they are getting some great deal on a resort.
Neighborhood is bad also. If you need a place to sleep before going to the airport it is adequate but don't pay more than what you would at the Motel 6 that is very close by.
You'll laugh at the restaurant.... a shabby old sport's bar that looks like it is for burned out alcoholics.
I am extremely suspicious of the reviews. Almost certainly being created by owners.

Again, I would stay there again....for $45 the night before a flight.

Date of stay: October 2010
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2010

My husband and I wanted to go to the Heart Attack Grin so we decided to drive 7 hours out of our way and stay the night in Phoenix.
We found this great place on Trip Advisor, the price and reviews seemed good.
Check in staff were very friendly.
Room was roomy, king bed, kitchenette and big bathroom. Pictures do not do this place justice.
The grounds of this resort were very well kept.
The resort is surrounded by quiet a few different fast food restaurants and normal places to eat.
If we find ourselves in the area again we would definitely stay here again and for longer.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple