“Great Value -- Close to attractions”

Hospitality Suite Resort
Ranked #67 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 14 January 2011

I hesitated between 3 and 4 stars, but, as 3 star meant ordinary -- our experience was not ordinary. There were many extras at the hotel. There were 3 pools and a tennis and a ping-pong court. We had a junior suite. It was adequate for size and furnishing. It did have a small refrigerator,microwave, 2 burner stovetop, and a table and 2 chairs. They also had 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. Toiletries were provided as was a hairdryer. In the morning, we got a full breakfast -- coffee, juice and choice of about 5 hot breakfasts -- and in the early evening, around 5 PM, they had a cocktail hour and free drinks were served -- both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. They have weekly and monthly rates. There is a van for airport pickup and return and they will take you to places close-by if there is no airport pickup scheduled. They are very close to ASU and to Scottsdale. My only criticism is that I could smell smokers near my room and the smell of old smoke in my room.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 December 2010

I was in Phoenix area to visit family Dec 8 through 10, 2010 and we stayed at the Hospitality Suite Resort in Phoenix. We flew into Sky harbor airport and had no trouble finding the hotel. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We were there for 3 days and had the complimentary breakfast each morning. There wasn't a large selection on the menu to order but what we all had was very good. We had cocktails one of the evenings and enjoyed sitting around talking with everyone. We also went into the lounge later in the evening and had a good time in there and had dinner in there one night and the food was very good. The bartender was even making some of our local Wis drinks (brandy old fashions) with some directions. The rooms were large and quiet and I would stay here again if in the area. We didn't swim in the pools because the weather was cool and rainy while we were there.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2010

I was looking to be frugal, shopping for the best rates at non brand name places. This place caught my eye as it had comp. breakfast. Location wise was ok cause I was traveling through out the valley, but the construction on Scottsdale north of this location was slightly confusing. As others have stated, this is not a resort. This is a two star location at best with older furniture and overall, a very worn look. The fridge and microwave was nice. The AC was noisy. Shower only in the smaller rooms, no tub. One afternoon, the water went out, repaired by the time I returned that evening. Breakfast was in a separate bar- restaurant. The food appeared to be pre-cooked except for the eggs. I was trying to be cheap, that's the kinda place I ended up with. This place caters to tours as two tour buses were ready to leave by 8am, so the breakfast was very busy and was no a real cook to order venue. I'd pass, even Extended Stays are better than this.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2010

Hospitality Suites is a sweet alternative to a bargain hotel chain, and a friendly place to stay. It is a bit of a walk into downtown Scottsdale, but there are busses running if you don't rent a car. Lots of groups and international travelers seem to find the place, and the BBQ and happy hour setup allows for some chatting time with other travelers. Avoid Building A if you want a little more quiet in the evening. B & C have no elevators but are only 2 stories and have pools and BBQ's in the central area. Shuttle to and from airport, quick and simple breakfast available in a sit-down restaurant, and easy access to a local Budget Car Rental from the hotel if you want a car rental without the extra airport fees.

Reviewed 2 November 2010

This is not a resort. It is an oldass apartment complex converted into a motel.
It is a hole. They do a good job of making it look like a nice resort. It is in no way a resort.
Motel 6 would indeed be a better choice because it is cheaper and they don't try to confuse people into thinking they are getting some great deal on a resort.
Neighborhood is bad also. If you need a place to sleep before going to the airport it is adequate but don't pay more than what you would at the Motel 6 that is very close by.
You'll laugh at the restaurant.... a shabby old sport's bar that looks like it is for burned out alcoholics.
I am extremely suspicious of the reviews. Almost certainly being created by owners.

Again, I would stay there again....for $45 the night before a flight.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2010

My husband and I wanted to go to the Heart Attack Grin so we decided to drive 7 hours out of our way and stay the night in Phoenix.
We found this great place on Trip Advisor, the price and reviews seemed good.
Check in staff were very friendly.
Room was roomy, king bed, kitchenette and big bathroom. Pictures do not do this place justice.
The grounds of this resort were very well kept.
The resort is surrounded by quiet a few different fast food restaurants and normal places to eat.
If we find ourselves in the area again we would definitely stay here again and for longer.

Reviewed 12 October 2010

This hotel was priced around the same amount as a few other hotels in the surrounding area; however, it was surely one of the worst hotels in the area. Upon arrival I was skeptical of the hotel as the outside looked quite old and the smell in the lobby was old and musty. After entering the elevator to our third floor room, I knew that booking this hotel was a mistake. The room was not very clean, the bathroom had a single stand up shower, sprinklers were exposed in the bathroom, small holes in the ceiling. The bed cover and furniture in the room was VERY outdated (like from the70's) and to be honest, yucky. I am not a five star hotel kind of girl, but I think that the local motel 6 would have been a better option. I did not walk around barefoot at all as I was so disgusted. Not worth the price. Our room was quite noisy as well. Heard everything that was going on outside.

1  Thank snallison24