“Beautiful Grounds”
Review of Sky Ranch Lodge

Sky Ranch Lodge
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I'm so glad that we had a chance to spend two nights at this beautiful property. I have never seen such gorgeous landscaping at a lodge. We especially enjoyed sitting at the lodge's deck on Airport Mesa and looking out over Sedona & watching the sunset. We met several other guests and they all seemed as enchanted as we were with the amazing views. The staff were all helpful and friendly from the front desk clerks to the housekeeper & groundskeeper. It is right across the road from the airport but we did not hear any noise. The room was very large, clean and comfortable and we got a good nights sleep both nights. I would love to return to Sky Ranch again in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,359)

Reviewed 30 May 2011

SRL is located on the hilltop. I've been to the airport view area but didn't see SRL because it's hidden under trees. Gardens are well maintained and so also are pool and jacuzzi. SRL also provide private viewing area for red rocks and Sedona (refer to photos attached). You don't need to find a parking space and pay as in adjacent airport viewing area which is a big plus for me. You could even see some wild life outside your rooms in early morning. I saw squirrels, an eagle and rabbits but didn't see mountain lion or javelina as they warned.

Room rate in Sedona is higher than Arizona average but this place is quite reasonable. Rooms are not that old as some reviewers described. Every rooms have AC/Heater and refrigerator and some rooms even contain microwave, sink, plates and silverware which might be great for a big family saving some money by making meals in room. SRL is at the hill top and there is no restaurant. Make sure that you eat somewhere or buy something before coming up for check in. Otherwise it's 10-15 minutes drive to town.

Room Tip: not worth paying extra for view
  • Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 27 May 2011

We would have never seen this place if we had not read about it in our travel book because it is a hidden treasure.. Sitting off the main road on top of a hill with a view you would not beleive. We were lucky to be able to get a room on the Rim... We could look out of our window and we were facing the Red Rock..... Just beautiful..... All of the grounds were very pretty, well kept little place, only bad thing I could say is the bed was a little hard..... Staff was great both morning and evening... Very helpful, My husband neede to receive a fax, I called the office and was told to have it sent to their email and they would be glad to print it for us..... Service with a SMILE.....

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2011

LOVED sky ranch lodge. my second time there. Love that it is away from all the downtown bustle....has a great view of the city. Rooms are large and spacious. The outdoor areas are inviting and fit with the scheme of nature. Beautiful space. Will stay there again. Close to everything. Great rates!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We stayed three nights in a garden room and two nights in a rim view room. The grounds here are beautiful. The garden room was a good size and very clean, and although there is no view you can walk two minutes to the veiwing patio for a gorgeous view. Like others have said if bedding and robes etc are important to you this is not the place for you, but if you want a clean room with a good price in a fantastic location, you cant go wrong. The view room was great too with a deck to view the sunset and sunrise. The staff was friendly and helpful and I would definatley return.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I stayed three days in a 2nd story room. The lodge is not a spiffy, brand new chain, but comfortable and loaded with little extras for the traveler. Staff were helpful and seemed eager to discuss hiking trails, etc. This was my fourth stop and I greatly appreciated the room's balcony, gas fireplace, microwave, coffee pot, and frig. Just the spot to feel a bit at home after being on the road. The weather was cool, especially for mid May, so I never got the chance to try pool or spa. The grounds are lovely and well cared for, with landscaping representative of the area. The best spot for sunset viewing is right next door to the lodge- I walked down to the overlook and saved myself from looking for parking (it is a popular spot). I spoke with a Park Ranger and was asked if I liked the hotel -- when answering in the affirmative, she admitted the Sky Ranch is one of her favorites but she hesitates to recommend it as it is a bit older. SO! if you want new and generic find the Hilton. If you want the feel of Sedona with many comforts, book the SRL.

Room Tip: if you can afford the rim view rooms go the extra
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2011

When we checked in, the woman at the front desk told us that the Sky Ranch Lodge was one of Sedona's best kept secrets, and she was absolutely right. Smack dab in the middle on Uptown Sedona and West Sedona, up on top of a hill, with breathtaking views everywhere you turn. Quiet, small property with lots of charming ornamental decoration and excellent landscaping, The room smelled like smoke, but we quickly forgot about that because we spent so much time exploring the grounds and the town that it made no difference. The pool and spa are beautiful and well kept and it would seem that only friendly poeple stay there, as we spent three hours laying out and talking with other guests! We only stayed two days, but I would absolutely go back for any amount of time. I booked this hotel based on price, but I would absolutely recommend this hotel for price, beauty, location, and service. One of my best hotel experiences ever.

Room Tip: Just call them. Seriously.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends