“Sky Ranch Lodge visitor of more than 20 years”
Review of Sky Ranch Lodge

Sky Ranch Lodge
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have stayed at other places in Sedona, but once again stayed here for 5 nights in May 2014. Overall the rooms are good, although the maintenance crew had to fix some items in our room - I think they should be more on top of things.

The property is in a beautiful setting and its an honest, down to earth place. Overall, I enjoy it and hope they will take some steps to make it better so we can continue to stay there.

Many quality issues to me surround the small pool. They really need a second pool for adults, even just a lap pool. I don't go on vacation to listen to someone else's screaming brats running and jumping on me. The pool is too small for so many people that the property can hold. Please spend the money and increase room rates 5-10$ - I would gladly pay for a more serene pool experience. When there are even half a dozen kids in a little pool - its over for the adults.

At time, the maintenance crew did pool cleaning and other daily chores in the middle of the day or in the afternoon when people were coming back from hikes and wanted a swim. So the pool would be closed for a couple hours at that time. Like other hotels - do the pool work early in the day when no one is going swimming.

I don't blame the hotel for trying to make money, but 3 of our 5 nights, the hotel sold out a piece of the hotel to wedding parties who take over the hotel with live or loud music, crowds, etc 50 feet from our door. The partying did not go on late, maybe 2100, but its listening to a loud bass of a band when you are paying for the serenity of looking off your deck at the natural beauty of Sedona. I didn't sign up to relive Saturday Night Fever. Also, if you add 100 or more guests to the small pool, its completely unfair to the other hotel guests.

So bottom line - put in a second pool - up the rent. Either that or make the place adults only. Why should a few guests who cannot control their kids be allowed to control the resort. Most of the crowd are people touring the Southwest and want a more serene situation.

Also, having spent time in construction, have your maintenance crew go over the place and fix all the little stuff that is out of whack. Its a great resort - take care of it!

Room Tip: Ask them if they are having wedding parties and get as far away as possible. Rim and garden view ro...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EdwardAbbey
There are newer reviews for Sky Ranch Lodge

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed here for a few days with family for a wedding. The hotel seems like it hasn't been updated since the 80s, but with prime real estate like that, I guess there's no pressure. Our room had a damp, old smell to it. The beds aren't too bad and shower water pressure is decent. There is a bit tub, which was nice while we were there in December. Overall not too bad, but also not that great. Add the name of the hotel implies, it is located near the airport where you can go get a nice breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel has the best view possible and reasonably priced. I would recommend it to everyone. The room had fridge and microwave. Sedona is absolutely beautiful. Everyone should definitely experience this place because it it jaw dropping!!

Room Tip: Book early enough to reserve a room for this location!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights during our trip to Arizona. We were in Sedona for the hiking and views to see.
This hotel provided amazing views on their own private deck. There was also a wine bar that would bring out drinks for everyone outside. This was great since you could relax while watching the sun rise and set.
The rooms are all next to one another with none above or below. This was nice since it kept the noise down. There was also a small pool and hit tube for guests to use! Verry clean.
The rooms are extremely clean and are pretty good sized. The basic room came with a mini fridge, microwave, tea/coffee maker, and waters. There was also a hair dryer, shampoo, lotion, and soap.
Overall a great place to stay that isn't expensive.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My only regret with the Sky Ranch Lodge was not staying longer. My mom and I arrived just in time to see the sun set and then checked out the next morning. We had a second room floor with a fireplace which was great b/c it was chilly in the morning. The rooms were very spacious and very well maintained. The overlook point on site was also very nice and there is a wine and beer bar in the evenings. Nearby there is also a nice restaurant that overlooks the airport and the red rock formations. Also nearby is the airport mesa which is a small climb and hiking trails. I will be back some day. Good for families and couples. Probably not a hot spot for business travelers just b/c it is geared more towards vacationers.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was really disappointed with the room there was pubic hair in the bathtub when we checked in overall I found the room overpriced. The staff was nice and helpful,the view was nice, it was cold that day and all the outdoor heaters were gone off the patio for the wine bar,because there was an event going on somewhere else on the property,we were freezing and not able to enjoy our wine ,even though nobody can control the weather,don't think I will book this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Doridu
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We came here on our honeymoon 19 years ago. I was disappointed with the day staff 4/25/2014 - very disinterested in whether we had a good experience at the resort...we were placed in one of the worst rooms and they were not friendly. The later afternoon staff on the other hand was very helpful and friendly. Our room looked like a cheap motel. Not what I recalled from this resort. Nothing special about this trip. First review I've ever written, but I felt very disappointed.

Room Tip: Pay the big bucks for a room with a view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple