New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“Spectacular Views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The hotel is very nice, with shared patios. Staff are friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and comfortable, breakfast was good, with several cohices of cold or hot food. I would go back in an instant.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We all work very hard to make your stay a memorable one, and it is gratifying to see that our hard work pays off. But with our great staff and spectacular terrace views, we have a head start.

Please come see us again and let us know you are return guests! We'd love to welcome you back.

Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona
(Forgive me if this shows up twice, but we had a computer hiccup!)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (645)
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

If you're going to Sedona, this is a great place to stay. There are pricier places, and places that don't have a view, but from a combination of both, this is a very fine place to stay. There are views in every direction, as close as your door to the terraced patios. We've stayed here often, and many times see kids playing on the patio, or couples enjoying a late afternoon bottle of wine. The folks at the front desk are happy to direct you to whatever you want to do, or want to eat, and couldn't be more helpful. Do stay and enjoy!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ah! Return guests! We love seeing this! Thank you so much for taking the time to complete your review.

The terraces are truly golden and many, many families and friends have enjoyed them over the years. Please let us know when you are returning so we can welcome you back!

Jackson, MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

I reserved my room online, requesting your basic room with king sized bed. I ended up in the king "luxury suite." This room was great. Fireplace in the seating area. The bathroom was huge, with a large jetted tub. Great soft lighting in the bathroom was not so helpful with one's morning routine. A lighted makeup mirror would have helped. Also, while access to the wireless internet was easy, it was not fast. My browser timed out most of the time, or bounced to the corporate Best Western site. For such a nice room, not having a workable internet connection was a huge problem. I loved the communal terrace with the great view. My room was in the main building, but I did notice a parking lot beneath the terraces of another building. The distant view should have been good, however. There is also no elevator, something I have noticed in Sedona hotels before. The staff was friendly, especially Victoria, who helped me with a lost article. The staff upon checkout were professional, but new. When I checked in and provided my credit card for guarantee, I made it clear that I would be paying another way. On checkout, I was presented with my receipt showing the entire balance charged to this card. No one at the desk knew how to process the Best Western gift cards I had. They were both trainees, and couldn't get anyone on the phone to help. However, I think they did well, and my card was credited with the proper amount later in the day. Despite the internet problem, I would most definitely stay there again. After checking the internet speed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank msreader
I am glad you would choose to stay with us again and truly appreciate your review of our property! I apologize that the wireless was not what you expected and want to let you know that is being addressed. It is often a problem Sedona-wide and we work with it the best that we can.

We did have new staff when you were here and I am glad to see that we were able to quickly rectify the problem of the charges. We have wonderful staff who try very hard to make sure your stay is a positive one.

Please come see us again and let me know you're coming so we can all welcome you back!

Rochester, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Sedona is beautiful - the hotel "okay" but not fantastic.

Small rooms, many with questionable "views" despite what the desk trys to sell (many of the parking lot).

VERY small breakfast area. Even grabbing something to take back (via the outdoors as no interior access) is a hassle given layout of hotel as well as breakfast area .

Overall "ok" but nothing noteworthy.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FamilyRoadTripping
I'm sorry you found the hotel mildly disappointing. We have worked hard to upgrade everything within the past year and are still working on more upgrades and changes for this year. We are a large property, so the hotel is indeed spread out over the hilltop. We found this gives people more choices for views and terrace choices for relaxing evening.

The views are from the terraces, not the rooms, and with all terraces open to all guests, that is one of our most often mentioned assets. I hope you were made aware that all of them are open to all guests, as the views change throughout the day. If not, please come back and experience all of the terraces and fantastic views with us!

I apologize for not meeting your expectations and hope you will give us another chance.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

The room was very clean and comfortable. The room was a little small if you have a lot of luggage. The pool and hot tub were well maintained. The continental breakfast offered a nice variety and the food was good. Also they do not have an elevator although it is a terraced hotel so you can unload your luggage by the street and take it to your room and avoid carrying it on the stairs. The staff was friendly. The front desk called the room to make sure we had everything we needed.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Thank you for your review! I am so glad you enjoyed our property, as well as our amenities. I am also happy to hear that our staff made you feel welcome, it's our ultimate goal. There is so much to see and do in Sedona, I hope you can come visit again soon to see more of what our city has to offer!
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

My family of 5 stayed here for one night in April 2012. The location was convenient to the main shopping area of Sedona, but not within walking distance. A nice feature of this hotel is that they offer a shuttle, though we did not take advantage of it. The rooms were very basic with tiny bathrooms, but everything was clean and there was a mini-fridge for snacks and drinks. It took some getting used to the layout of the room which had a "front" door that opened to the parking lot and another "back" door which opened up to a common balcony. The balconies provided tables and chairs on which to relax and enjoy the views. The only quality I did not like about the balcony is that it wasn't at all private and I felt I had to keep our room drapes closed at all times.

We had breakfast at the hotel, which wasn't very good. The room was crowded and the food was gross, so my family stuck with the cereal and yogurt.

For Sedona hotel prices, I feel this property was a good value. We would stay here again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us! I apologize that you had to keep your curtains closed because of the foot traffic, it's somewhat of a trade-off for those great, sweeping views the open terraces offer. I'm also sorry that you found our breakfast unappealing. If you have suggestions for how we can improve it, please let us know. We want to make you happy with every part of your stay. I'm happy that you found your room comfortable, and the location to be convinient. We hope you can make it back soon to see us!
Milwaulee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

We were lucky and had a 3rd floor room facing the mountains. It was awsome! Having breakfast was a plus and very tasty, hot and cold choices.Glad we did not have the steps to content with on the 1 or 2 floor. I have a hard time with steps. I am handicapped. Ask for a room 3rd floor facing the mountains, not the parking lot. Shuttle was a plus too! Would Stay again. Staff was helpful and very friendly. Maid service was very good! THANK YOU.

Room Tip: Can be cool at night bring warm clothes. If you go on a jeep tour dres in layers, in the morning it...