New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Caledon, Canada
“Great price and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

This location was excellent. Very quiet at night as is most of Sedona. We found it easily with the nav system. Parking was a little tight but I am not surprised as it seemed to be a super popular hotel. The king room was very good.
We loved the location and that we got a gift bag when we checked in...just what we needed after making the drive from Phoenix.
The pool looked dirty and there were only a half dozen lounges.
I would return in a minute. Check in and check out were fast and simple. This is a great spot and cannot be beaten in its price range!

Room Tip: Ask for a King room on the main level...the views are terrific.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Real_Duke_of_Hockley
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourselves. This is a nice, quiet location and folks love to come here to relax.

I'm sorry the pool appeared dirty. We had some extremely high winds recently and cleaned the pool every day afterwards, but in this dry high desert, sometimes dirt just settles at the bottom. When you return, I hope we have no recent storms so the pool is sparkling like it usually is!

Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (645)
Woodbridge, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Read the reviews and booked for 2 night stay. The check in time was not honored. Reached hotel after 5 pm, room was not ready. Had to wait 45 minutes. During the wait, tried to use wifi. Could not connect with iphone or ipad. Front desk gave weird reason: people have difficulty connecting iphones and ipads, use laptop...could not understand the reasoning.

Checked into room..could not connect to wifi...

Next day went for shower....NO HOT WATER!! Went to front desk and asked to check out a day earlier. Front desk staff and subsequently manager confirmed that wifi issue was a known problem and hotel is working on getting it upgraded. I am disappointed this was not disclosed at the time of reservation. There was no explanation for cold water in the shower.
Checked into nearby hotel for substantial saving, functioning wifi and HOT WATER!

6 Thank AKS1111
I am so sorry to read that you felt your stay here was a disaster. As I didn't have a name to go on, I couldn't check for notes to see what we may have done to remedy your issues. Occasionally issues come up and we can move guests to another room or call in Maintenance after hours for emergencies.

We have hard working staff who want to make your stay with us a very positive one. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and would ask that you call and speak with me personally so that on your next trip to Sedona, we can try again and make your stay a great one!

San Jose, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

The Inn of Sedona, Best Western, was centrally located to all activities. They even had a shuttle to take you anywhere to eat within 5 miles. This shuttle was very convenient, leaving every half hour. You just had to call for a pick-up shortly before you were ready to return to the hotel. The shuttle is important because it can be difficult to park at dinner time on spring break. There was a complimentary hot breakfast with eggs, sausage, bacon, muffins, fruit, oatmeal, waffles, cold cereal, coffee, juice, and tea. Everyone in my family seemed pretty pleased with it. Our room was clean and in good shape. However, it was small. There were 5 of us and they provided a roll-away bed, which was nice. The pool and hot tub were okay. They're in the middle of the parking lot. Strange... Nothing fancy, just okay. Now let's get to the best part - the views! There were 360 degree views. LOVELY! I dare say you probably couldn't do better at any other hotel in Sedona. WOW! They have a huge patio going around much of the inn with tables. We had a front door and back door on our room. We could just walk out our back door onto the huge shared patio and enjoy. We would definitely stay here again.

2 Thank Luv_TravelSanJose_CA
Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel. You seemed to hit on the points that are so often mentioned in our reviews - the complimentary shuttle, and our terraces! We have certainly found the shuttle to be beneficial, especially during peak seasons here in Sedona when parking is difficult and driving can be stressful.

When you come back from letting us do the driving, there's no better place to relax than our terraces. The views from there are spectacular, as you said, and the roominess allows you to enjoy the peace and quiet without tripping over anyone else.

Thank you again, and I hope you continue to stay with us when you're in Sedona.

NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

The motel (all rooms open to the outside) is near the West Sedona area for easy accesses to food shopping, gas, and airport mesa. Within 5 min you can be in downtown for access to shops and other attractions.

We were here for hiking so it was perfect for getting to all areas. Pool was a bit on the small side but having access to the terraces on the east and west side was great for sunrises and sunsets. We had dinner (takeout) and a lunch outside. We also could walk ( but we drove) to a viewing spot on airport road for sunrise/sunset, but felt the motel offered a view just as nice.

Breakfast is standard and was just fine. Staff was helpful and friendly. Good size fridge. Nice shower. Very clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: Recommend 2nd or 3rd level, but anyone can use the chairs and tables on any level.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review of our property. You are so right... we are very centrally located, and our shuttle makes it all the easier to get into places with little-to-no parking when times get busy.

Airport Mesa is an extremely popular place for viewing the sunrise and sunset, and is just across the street. As you also mentioned, the views from our terraces are almost as spectacular and many guests simply choose to view from there. Either way, we can get you hooked up with some beautiful views.

Please come back to see us and let us know you're a return guest.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The hotel is very nice, with shared patios. Staff are friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and comfortable, breakfast was good, with several cohices of cold or hot food. I would go back in an instant.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review. We all work very hard to make your stay a memorable one, and it is gratifying to see that our hard work pays off. But with our great staff and spectacular terrace views, we have a head start.

Please come see us again and let us know you are return guests! We'd love to welcome you back.

Best Western PLUS Inn of Sedona
(Forgive me if this shows up twice, but we had a computer hiccup!)
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

If you're going to Sedona, this is a great place to stay. There are pricier places, and places that don't have a view, but from a combination of both, this is a very fine place to stay. There are views in every direction, as close as your door to the terraced patios. We've stayed here often, and many times see kids playing on the patio, or couples enjoying a late afternoon bottle of wine. The folks at the front desk are happy to direct you to whatever you want to do, or want to eat, and couldn't be more helpful. Do stay and enjoy!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ah! Return guests! We love seeing this! Thank you so much for taking the time to complete your review.

The terraces are truly golden and many, many families and friends have enjoyed them over the years. Please let us know when you are returning so we can welcome you back!

Jackson, MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

I reserved my room online, requesting your basic room with king sized bed. I ended up in the king "luxury suite." This room was great. Fireplace in the seating area. The bathroom was huge, with a large jetted tub. Great soft lighting in the bathroom was not so helpful with one's morning routine. A lighted makeup mirror would have helped. Also, while access to the wireless internet was easy, it was not fast. My browser timed out most of the time, or bounced to the corporate Best Western site. For such a nice room, not having a workable internet connection was a huge problem. I loved the communal terrace with the great view. My room was in the main building, but I did notice a parking lot beneath the terraces of another building. The distant view should have been good, however. There is also no elevator, something I have noticed in Sedona hotels before. The staff was friendly, especially Victoria, who helped me with a lost article. The staff upon checkout were professional, but new. When I checked in and provided my credit card for guarantee, I made it clear that I would be paying another way. On checkout, I was presented with my receipt showing the entire balance charged to this card. No one at the desk knew how to process the Best Western gift cards I had. They were both trainees, and couldn't get anyone on the phone to help. However, I think they did well, and my card was credited with the proper amount later in the day. Despite the internet problem, I would most definitely stay there again. After checking the internet speed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank msreader
I am glad you would choose to stay with us again and truly appreciate your review of our property! I apologize that the wireless was not what you expected and want to let you know that is being addressed. It is often a problem Sedona-wide and we work with it the best that we can.

We did have new staff when you were here and I am glad to see that we were able to quickly rectify the problem of the charges. We have wonderful staff who try very hard to make sure your stay is a positive one.

Please come see us again and let me know you're coming so we can all welcome you back!