“Clean, Quiet, Cozy”

Sedona Summit Resort
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Positive:
-Nice property, not too far from hiking trails and downtown Sedona/Good location
-Studio – perfect size for two people, clean
-Hot tub right outside our room with grills available in same location/beautiful view

Negative:
-The deal online advertised for the week was $799 plus tax for a studio. When I called to book, he charged us an extra $100 when I was just about to give him my credit card
information because it was Easter week. We checked out of the resort the morning of Easter Sunday. The extra last minute charge still leaves me with a very bad impression.
What was advertised should have been the price charged.
-Studio rooms, although clean are a little run down and dark but will do for a week with the beautiful views

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
MichaelPena, General Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Thank you for your review with us here on trip advisor.

It looks like your reservation was completed through a 3rd party wholesaler. I am sorry to hear about your negative experience with the reservation entity. Being that the 3rd party vacation rental agencies are not managed by us (as owners deposit their intervals with various providers to rent). I would encourage giving them a call and asking them to address your concerns. It never hurts to try and get some clarification.

I would always recommend booking the unit of your preference. Studios are small and cozy. But, rest assured that we will be clean and in good working order. We have some new furniture going into our rooms to give them a fresh look. So please be assured that your comments and those of others are being heard by us here at the Sedona Summit. It’s always about the customer and the great experience.

I wish you the best on al your future travels.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

The bad first - Wifi access for the week costs $30 and doesn't work well. Studio rooms do not have views of anything. Your week will be twice as good with a car!

The good - Service here is just excellent. I declined the timeshare presentation and wasn't pushed on it again. The activities are a lot of fun, even for adults. The numerous hot tubs scattered around the resort are Godsends after the day's hiking. The rooms are fine and designed with the standard Sedona color theme - which looks really cool in the bathroom!

The downright sensational - The hikes in Sedona - all of them - are just sublime. The trails directly out the back of this resort are really nice and virtually unknown. I had at least half of them completely to myself. My favorite was called the Last Frontier. It's not obvious, appears blocked by rocks at the start, and you'll be the only one on it. But persist! Early on, you'll reach a sign that says "<- End of the world Civilization ->". I shouldn't have to tell you which one to take!

I want to give this place 5 stars because I've had few greater weeks in my life. Sedona is just an amazing place! But be wary of the minor drawbacks.

Room Tip: There is a HUGE difference between the studios and 1-bedders here! The studios face in to the resort...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

I am really happy to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us here at the Sedona Summit.

I appreciate all the good things you mentioned about our resort and how you enjoyed them after your daily excursions. It looks like you took in Sedona to the fullest and recharged while you were on vacation. That is what the Sedona Summit is here for and to make our guest experience exceed expectations.

We thank you for your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our recent 1-week stay at Sedona Summit - lovely property; perfect location! 1-BR unit was perfect for our needs: generously sized living/dining rooms w/fireplace; king-sized bed in BR; large bath with separate shower and soaking tub; fully equipped kitchen w/ Cuisinart small appliances. Having inquired twice prior to arrival about unit on 2nd floor (fully booked both times), we were suprised and delighted on check-in to get our wish - and the view was incredible!! Only complaint about unit was sofabed in LR - uncomfortable as a sofa (very stiff); on pulling out the bed, we found stains and crumbs on the mattress; luckily, a mattress pad was provided.
Only downside overall: TIMESHARE PUSH!! Too tired on check-in (1 a.m EST), we were reluctantly convinced by Concierge staff we had nothing to lose: 90 mins; $75 gift card for use anywhere; $20 discount p/p for nearby spa treatments; $25 (refundable on attendance) deposit.
Later warned by others that presentation contract states 120-mins., we verified w/Concierge staff that 90 mins. is the norm - 120 mins. allows for added questions. Reality: presentation went for 3 HOURS without any stated prices - in the end, far too high for our consideration, let alone stated disinterest from the start (we were totally honest about being too tired to decline!) After rejecting salesperson's proposal - wherein her personality changed noticeably from friendly to abrupt and sometimes insulting - we were still approached by 2 others with modified offers which we also declined (extending total time to almost 4 hours.) Avoid at all costs unless you're seriously interested or desperate for 75 gift card (with limited use)!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank EBluvs2travel
MichaelPena, General Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Thank you for your “Great Stay” review.

I would like to start off by apologizing to you for finding those crumbs. This is completely unacceptable and I will make sure that I find out what happened here. There is no reason for this and we do not take short falls lightly here at the Summit.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your unit and that your experience was great here at the Summit. I will also be sharing this review with our sales and marketing team to ensure that they are aware of your experience.

I thank you for your business and we look forward to your quick return. I am confident that next time and always will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

We had a great stay, great value in March staying a week at the Sedona Summit. Quiet, clean, wonderful to have washer and dryer and balcony.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the excellent stay review. I want you to know that we look forward to your return stay with us and assure you that it will be excellent as well.

We are working hard on providing excellent vacations for all who walk through our door here at the Sedona Summit.

Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Booked through Southwest Airlines site, not a bargain rate($200/night), sent to Concierge from check in for "activities at resort" and given aggressive sales pitch for timeshare presentation. It almost ruined our stay. Site was beautiful, as almost all are in Sedona, but we spent most of our time away from the facility. There were no maids for 3 days, their policy, and the "suite" is an oversized single room, with a full kitchen crammed into it. It was not big enough for the 4 it could sleep, but more than a couple would need.

Room Tip: don't expect room service, or maid service. utilities, refrigerator and A/C were loud.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

Looking at your reservation experience with a 3rd party provider I am sorry to hear about your feeling on being led to believe that you were getting a different room type. I would always recommend to all who use a 3rd party provider to “Know before you go”. Knowing the unit type you are reserving, the amenities it has to offer and what you want in a unit is important. This applies to not only the Summit but really anywhere you decided to book accommodations.

We are a vacation ownership property in which our housekeeping services are provided with a stay 4 days or more. I understand reading this may sound different as many compare us to a regular hotel. However, we do have housekeeping services available upon request. We just have to know you want service outside the 4 day stay housekeeping schedule.

We thank you for your visit with us and we look forward to your next stay with us. I am confident that next time we will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

My job sent me to Sedona for one week. I selected Sedona Summit Resort because their rooms included kitchens, and I did not want to eat out for every meal. My inital interaction with the receptionist was a little icy, as he checked me in and then informed me that my room would not be available for a few hours. They said they would call me when it was ready. The call came at 5:30 pm. The room was nice, clean, convenient to parking, and had a nicely outfitted kitchen.

Needing to be to work by 7:30 the next morning, I got up early to use the gym before going to work. I probably should have checked before I got ready and walked over to the fitness center, as the sign on the door when I got there said it did not open until 7am. Later that evening, I had work reports due the next morning, and had to pay for a week of internet access through AT&T since the resort did not offer free wi-fi. After over an hour of frustration over not being able to get a strong enough internet connection to access my company's website, I walked to the lobby to see if their signal was any better. Although painfully slow, I was able to finish part of my report. I noticed 6 employees at the reception desk, and approached to ask if I could get a room with better internet access, or if anything else could be done. They said they had limited bandwidth, and if lots of people were using the internet, it might not work very well. (I later found out that the internet service is equally as poor any time of day) Their solution was for me to go a few miles down the street to McDonald's to use their internet. When I explained that I already paid for their internet access, they said, "Yeah, that's too bad. You should probably call AT&T and get a refund. Have a good night." The resort is probably a nice place for families to relax, but it is not a great place for people who come for work, wanting business amenities and early morning work outs. They do have two computers for use in the lobby, but lots of people wait to use them, and they did not have the software I needed for my work.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank mjlpt

We appreciate you sharing your recent experience with all of us here on trip advisor.

I am happy to read that you found the unit to your satisfaction and were pleased with it. I am disappointed to read about your welcome that was given by one of my team members. I will not tolerate icy welcomes and you have my word that I will take care of that and for that matter how we handled your Wi-Fi request for a refund. We could have done a better job in assisting with our 3rd party provider for Wi-Fi services.

You are correct about the Leisure aspect of our resort. We do have Wi-Fi service for checking email and surfing the internet on the limited bandwidth we have available to us in the rural location we reside in. Coupled with high occupancy and limited bandwidth the internet does run slow. I can imagine the frustration with trying to create a satellite office with these limitations. My apologies for your experience with our Wi-Fi and I am noting your experience with us for my future planning of this service at our resort.

We thank you for your recent stay with us and we look forward to your return stay with us.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed for two nights. It was so much better than a hotel. It did not have WI FI (you could get it if you paid for it). Sedona is a wonderful relaxing place to go!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
MichaelPena, General Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Thank you for staying with us here at the Sedona Summit.

We are happy to read that you loved our location.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to your return.