“Experience ruined by a rude proprietor.”

Andrea Smith Galleries
Ranked #104 of 177 things to do in Sedona
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The man running the gallery the day we went in in July was rude and obnoxious! I went in with my husband and almost three year old daughter, who happens to be a seasoned art shopper - she knows not to touch without asking, and doesn't stray more than a foot or two from us when we're out. I was holding her and looking at some of the paintings of mermaids and we were talking about what she saw as we walked around and he came up to us and began speaking directly to her. (????) He said, "How old are you?" She told him two, then he said, "How old is mommy (?????) She looked at him funny and I said, "Older than two." Then he said, "You can touch anything you want, little one, as long as mommy and daddy want to pay for it." This is two minutes into the store, as I'm holding her. I immediately told him that his statement was rude and unnecessary and we left. I get that children can be a liability. I do not mind being asked to keep an eye on my child in a polite and professional manner. I also am perfectly willing to pay for anything she damages. I do not appreciate being told in a passive aggressive manner that my child is not welcome. We were in Tlaquepaque looking for art to display in our new home. We obviously did not get any from this gallery and will never.

6  Thank R C