Review Highlights
Tlaquepaque Gallery

There are many art galleries in the Tlaquepaque Arts Center but Andrea Smith Galleries is one of... read more

Reviewed May 18, 2018
lollygal
New York City, New York
Happily purchased an original work of art from artist Andrea Smith

Reviewed May 16, 2015

from US$121.44
from US$218.60
from US$164.03
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 10, 2016

The art in this gallery is mainly Eastern, Chinese, Hindu, etc. So much of it I wanted, especially this one turtle. Someday I'll have a piece from here.

Reviewed May 16, 2015 via mobile

We went in and were greeted by the gallery owner who was helpful in showing a painting that was sort of hiding out of the way. It was a beautifully colorful depiction of feminine and masculine forms who generated a stunning green circle of healing energy. I loved it instantly. He included a gylcee print of a more famous work of hers with female forms, one with a pregnant Belly. I left happy that she would be signing it that evening and ready to pick up next day. This is my second trip to Sedona and I'm excited to bring home this lovely and very colorful painting.
Thank you to the owner, I think his name was Bruce (hope I got that right).

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This gallery is a refreshing change from many of the other galleries in Sedona. Andrea's artwork is beautiful, playful, and inspiring. The other artists showcased there are so different from anything else you'll find in Sedona, and the beautiful statues and carvings from Asia are fantastic. It's like being transported into a beautiful temple of art!
I have never experienced anyone being rude to me in the gallery, Sorry to see the review by RC...

Reviewed July 28, 2012

The man running the gallery the day we went in in July was rude and obnoxious! I went in with my husband and almost three year old daughter, who happens to be a seasoned art shopper - she knows not to touch without asking, and doesn't stray more than a foot or two from us when we're out. I was holding her and looking at some of the paintings of mermaids and we were talking about what she saw as we walked around and he came up to us and began speaking directly to her. (????) He said, "How old are you?" She told him two, then he said, "How old is mommy (?????) She looked at him funny and I said, "Older than two." Then he said, "You can touch anything you want, little one, as long as mommy and daddy want to pay for it." This is two minutes into the store, as I'm holding her. I immediately told him that his statement was rude and unnecessary and we left. I get that children can be a liability. I do not mind being asked to keep an eye on my child in a polite and professional manner. I also am perfectly willing to pay for anything she damages. I do not appreciate being told in a passive aggressive manner that my child is not welcome. We were in Tlaquepaque looking for art to display in our new home. We obviously did not get any from this gallery and will never.

6  Thank R C