“The first place we visit in Sedona”

Andrea Smith Galleries
Ranked #71 of 126 things to do in Sedona
Reviewed May 1, 2016 via mobile

Seriously, the first place we head for when we visit Sedona, which is often, is Andrea Smith Galleries. This place is chock full of spiritual art that Andrea and husband Gary have collected on their travels to Asia and Egypt, along with contributions from other artists and jewelry makers, as well as their son Matthew (who is also an awesome painter), but it's Andreas paintings and the spiritual pieces that lure me in and keep me coming back. Gary actually spends a lot of his time in the gallery because he loves it so much and it shows. If you can catch him there, he's an awesome dude and so helpful. Check it out when you visit Sedona? You won't be disappointed and you just may leave the gallery with something wonderful that will feed your spirit forever.

Date of experience: April 2016

Reviewed March 10, 2016

The art in this gallery is mainly Eastern, Chinese, Hindu, etc. So much of it I wanted, especially this one turtle. Someday I'll have a piece from here.

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed May 16, 2015 via mobile

We went in and were greeted by the gallery owner who was helpful in showing a painting that was sort of hiding out of the way. It was a beautifully colorful depiction of feminine and masculine forms who generated a stunning green circle of healing energy. I loved it instantly. He included a gylcee print of a more famous work of hers with female forms, one with a pregnant Belly. I left happy that she would be signing it that evening and ready to pick up next day. This is my second trip to Sedona and I'm excited to bring home this lovely and very colorful painting.
Thank you to the owner, I think his name was Bruce (hope I got that right).

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This gallery is a refreshing change from many of the other galleries in Sedona. Andrea's artwork is beautiful, playful, and inspiring. The other artists showcased there are so different from anything else you'll find in Sedona, and the beautiful statues and carvings from Asia are fantastic. It's like being transported into a beautiful temple of art!
I have never experienced anyone being rude to me in the gallery, Sorry to see the review by RC...

Date of experience: July 2013
See more reviews
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The man running the gallery the day we went in in July was rude and obnoxious! I went in with my husband and almost three year old daughter, who happens to be a seasoned art shopper - she knows not to touch without asking, and doesn't stray more than a foot or two from us when we're out. I was holding her and looking at some of the paintings of mermaids and we were talking about what she saw as we walked around and he came up to us and began speaking directly to her. (????) He said, "How old are you?" She told him two, then he said, "How old is mommy (?????) She looked at him funny and I said, "Older than two." Then he said, "You can touch anything you want, little one, as long as mommy and daddy want to pay for it." This is two minutes into the store, as I'm holding her. I immediately told him that his statement was rude and unnecessary and we left. I get that children can be a liability. I do not mind being asked to keep an eye on my child in a polite and professional manner. I also am perfectly willing to pay for anything she damages. I do not appreciate being told in a passive aggressive manner that my child is not welcome. We were in Tlaquepaque looking for art to display in our new home. We obviously did not get any from this gallery and will never.

Date of experience: July 2012