Review Highlights
Tlaquepaque Gallery

Reviewed May 18, 2018
lollygal
New York City, New York
Happily purchased an original work of art from artist Andrea Smith

Reviewed May 16, 2015

Scenic Sedona Tour
151 Reviews
from US$69.99
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 18, 2018

There are many art galleries in the Tlaquepaque Arts Center but Andrea Smith Galleries is one of the finest with a collection of unique jewelry, art and statues.

Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

I buy a lot of art pieces. I buy what speaks to my heart. I buy jewelry and objects and paintings. My husband says too much. Many beautiful pieces. However the salesman immediately approached me as I entered and tried to steer me to expensive pieces. Granted I was wearing diamonds with my hiking clothes. He also said a couple of things that were flirty suggestive? I don't need flattery at my age and am married. I did not purchase anything. I thought the prices were very high as well.

Reviewed January 26, 2018

My mother and 4 year-old daughter bought some small trinkets from Andrea Smith Galleries.

When we went back all together to exchange the trinkets for something better suited for our daughter, Anah not only graciously did an exchange, but in fact gave our daughter something much nicer and more valuable as an equal exchange - her first amber bracelet - that she treasures and wears constantly. The store itself is a beautifully kept and presented veritable treasure trove of jewelry, art objects of all sorts and various top-notch gifts. We all greatly enjoyed browsing and asking questions.

Anah is uniquely well informed about her market and industry and is just an amazingly warm and generous human being with whom I would happily do business again. This sort of thing is exceedingly rare to find. Thanks again Anah and keep up the amazing work! We hope to come back sometime and work with you again.

Reviewed October 11, 2016

This Tlaquepaque center gallery has some spiritual pieces and some artistic as well. It's kind of a mix with some small reasonably priced items as well as some good art works as well. The owners run the gallery and they attract a somewhat unique set of visitors.

Reviewed June 7, 2016

As my title says, I did not purchase anything from the gallery, but everything was so beautiful to look at. The woman that was at the store was very kind, and although close to closing time, she was very gracious and helpful. We told her that we had just arrived, and she gave us tips on what to do and see. I though that was very generous of her. Had I been in the market for art, I would have given serious thought to purchasing from her, simply because of her wonderful personality and generous spirit. And although I didn't buy anything, I left with knowledge :) Her items are truly beautiful, and worth the visit!

Reviewed May 1, 2016 via mobile

Seriously, the first place we head for when we visit Sedona, which is often, is Andrea Smith Galleries. This place is chock full of spiritual art that Andrea and husband Gary have collected on their travels to Asia and Egypt, along with contributions from other artists and jewelry makers, as well as their son Matthew (who is also an awesome painter), but it's Andreas paintings and the spiritual pieces that lure me in and keep me coming back. Gary actually spends a lot of his time in the gallery because he loves it so much and it shows. If you can catch him there, he's an awesome dude and so helpful. Check it out when you visit Sedona? You won't be disappointed and you just may leave the gallery with something wonderful that will feed your spirit forever.

Reviewed March 10, 2016

The art in this gallery is mainly Eastern, Chinese, Hindu, etc. So much of it I wanted, especially this one turtle. Someday I'll have a piece from here.

Reviewed May 16, 2015 via mobile

We went in and were greeted by the gallery owner who was helpful in showing a painting that was sort of hiding out of the way. It was a beautifully colorful depiction of feminine and masculine forms who generated a stunning green circle of healing energy. I loved it instantly. He included a gylcee print of a more famous work of hers with female forms, one with a pregnant Belly. I left happy that she would be signing it that evening and ready to pick up next day. This is my second trip to Sedona and I'm excited to bring home this lovely and very colorful painting.
Thank you to the owner, I think his name was Bruce (hope I got that right).

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This gallery is a refreshing change from many of the other galleries in Sedona. Andrea's artwork is beautiful, playful, and inspiring. The other artists showcased there are so different from anything else you'll find in Sedona, and the beautiful statues and carvings from Asia are fantastic. It's like being transported into a beautiful temple of art!
I have never experienced anyone being rude to me in the gallery, Sorry to see the review by RC...

Reviewed July 28, 2012

The man running the gallery the day we went in in July was rude and obnoxious! I went in with my husband and almost three year old daughter, who happens to be a seasoned art shopper - she knows not to touch without asking, and doesn't stray more than a foot or two from us when we're out. I was holding her and looking at some of the paintings of mermaids and we were talking about what she saw as we walked around and he came up to us and began speaking directly to her. (????) He said, "How old are you?" She told him two, then he said, "How old is mommy (?????) She looked at him funny and I said, "Older than two." Then he said, "You can touch anything you want, little one, as long as mommy and daddy want to pay for it." This is two minutes into the store, as I'm holding her. I immediately told him that his statement was rude and unnecessary and we left. I get that children can be a liability. I do not mind being asked to keep an eye on my child in a polite and professional manner. I also am perfectly willing to pay for anything she damages. I do not appreciate being told in a passive aggressive manner that my child is not welcome. We were in Tlaquepaque looking for art to display in our new home. We obviously did not get any from this gallery and will never.

6  Thank R C