“Beautiful red rocks!”

Hyatt Residence Club Sedona, Pinon Pointe
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Enjoyed our stay with friends in a 2 bedroom unit but we were surprised at how unfriendly the staff is. Our home resort is in Bonita Springs Coconut Point where everyone is so over the top friendly. The front desk staff did not engage in conversation at check in. I had called earlier in the week to request an upper floor with a view, they could not do this and didn't even seem to try. But no big deal our room was a ground floor room but by the pool so it was fine. But watch it because some ground floor rooms are actually like ground level and you could have a wall as your view.

When requesting towels at the pool the staff member questioned the number of towels I wanted and proceeded to make sure my name was on her list of guests. I was shocked. When we went to print out our boarding passes the computer ran out of paper. I told one of the staff members and he proceeded to grab some paper and handed it to me to put in. The printer was on the very bottom of the desk so there I was on my hands and knees feeding the paper in.

When we got home I took a survey they sent me and told them the run ins I had. Within a half hour that I emailed it someone from the resort called me back. They were very apologetic and thanked me for letting them know.

All in all we enjoyed ourselves and will return to the Hyatt in Sedona. The conceirge was very helpful in recommending an outstanding restaurant called Elote!! If you don't mind waiting over an hour for a table, it is well worth it. Probably the best meal we had in Sedona and very reasonably priced. We even bought their cookbook at a local store.

Room Tip: If you get a first floor room ask not to be ground level. There are really two sections, both are n...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank netflyer

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Stayed in a 2 BR lockoff for a week. Was very impressed overall. The rooms were very clean and well appointed. HAd all the ammenities. . The staff was very helpful. We had a plumbing issue and they arrived within 5 min of our call. Requested extra pillows and they arrived to the room before we did. Enjoyed the firepit in the evenings. Great place to stay... Loved it !!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vicki047
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed in room 621 and had an absolutely perfect view of the Red Rocks. We had a one bedroom and it was large enough for 4 of us (we have a 7 & 9 - so they slept on the pull out couch). They best part was a full size kitchen and a washer and dryer, so we could just eat in if we wanted. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They had a guest speaker from the Hike House, who helped us plan our entire week of hiking and day trip to the Grand Canyon. If you plan on hiking- I strongly recommend letting them plan you days. We would do 4-5 mile hikes every morning and coming back to the large rooms allow us to spread out and just relax. This is a vacation club and I would highly recommend staying at the Hyatt.

Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The condo was beautiful inside but being on the ground floor you could hear everyone walking in the condo above. The view from the right of the patio was beautiful . The view to the left was of a very large pool heater that made noise constantly. So ask for a second floor room away from the heater ( and children's playground). On the plus side the pool and gym are great. The hotel is in a very convenient location and parking is easy. Don't miss breakfast in the cafe next door!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pippen2012
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is a nice property, great location in the center of town. The room was nice, but small for the price. My main complaint was that from check in they are funneling you towards their "concierge desk" which is really little more than a time share sales desk. I was told that if I didn't make dinner reservations through them, that I wouldn't be able to get into a restaurant for dinner!! The reason I went to Sedona was to hike on some trails and take in the natural beauty of the place. I chose Pinion Pointe because I wanted to stay in a nicer facility; I found perfectly nice restaurants that didn't require reservations. I think next time I won't stay at a time share.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank neilnco
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Overall the property was nice and we had a nice stay. but there a few things that i didnt care for.
1) No restaurant on premises but hotel website says there is . ( there is a panera/wildflower cafe in the stripmall nxt to hotel)
2) Our neighbors woke us up every morning at 6am (you could hear entire conversations thru the door that connected the rooms)
3) The view....well we had no view. ( i dont know about you but i like waking up in the morning and having my coffee on the balcony)

We had a great trip to sedona but i was expecting more from the hyatt

Room Tip: stay away from rm 122b...theres no view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank joeyv78
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Very spacious rooms, pool and exercise room close by, and main street shops very close by. Very family friendly with a kitchen/fridge/dining room table. We really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family