“Total relaxation!”
Review of Hyatt Pinon Pointe

Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Enjoy a week as an exchange for the first time at Piñon Point. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The awesome property is close to so much that one needs and par takes in on vacation. Made it a point to enjoy the pool area every day. Our view was exceptional! We sure hope to return someday!

Room Tip: Higher floors with views. Smaller kitchen than expected in a 2 bedroom.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Stayed here beginning of September for few days and loved it unfortunately we had to leave earlier due to hurricane coming towards home in FL . We had the first floor right by the front desk office and across from the restaurant and it was picturesque and frame worthy. Nothing like crossing the street and overlooking the canyons of Sedona while drinking a starbucks coffee in AM followed by getting ready for hike.
first floor offers a little quint private area in front with your own personal table and chars. Beautiful hotel amazing pool views (pool is on 3rd floor) Just gorgeous, love that you have a kitchen fridge a little fire place its very quaint and makes you feel at home.

Room Tip: loved first floor rooms close to stores and restaurants
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Hyatt is walking distance to much of the shopping and restaurants. the rooms are wonderful and the views fantastic. This location is absolutely perfect. Please be aware that it is located on a hillside and so many stairs must be navigated in order to explore the property.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I'm a fan of most of the Hyatt properties. This one at Pinon Pointe is no exception. I might also add that our excursions are usually to coastal properties where we enjoy the beach!....but what I will say about this property is WOW! You cannot be anymore in it than this!... simply spectacular awesome views from everywhere!.... even the gym! This place is so relaxing and stunning at the same time, we are sending our daughter there next week!.... we can't wait to go back ourselves! One of the most spectacular natural places on earth.... a must see, and this is the place to see it from!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We traded our timeshare week for a week at the Hyatt Pinion Point and we had a lovely vacation. I have to say - Hyatt has the BEST location for staying in the Sedona area. So convenient to the hiking trails, other little towns, shopping and attractions. Parking is plentiful and the pool was convenient for a late afternoon dip to cool off.
There was a little hiccup with our check-in as the room was not ready until about 4:30 and we had purchased groceries that were melting....but we really enjoyed our suite once we got in. The desk people were very kind and followed up by sending us a fruit & cheese tray as an apology.
The beds were quite comfortable but the pillows were NOT! They need to be replaced IMO. So soft it was like nothing at all and I slept fitfully every night because of them. Also - (and this is an ongoing issue with many hotels) - the duvet spreads might be great as far as housekeeping but they are horrible for the person trying to sleep. Either you need to keep the room freezing so that you can sleep under the duvet or leave the thermostat alone and sleep with no covering at all. OK - rant over.
The bathroom was wonderful and with dual sinks, gave us each plenty of space for getting ready plus storage. A decent hairdryer was also in the room - not one of those that is connected to the wall.
The furniture in the living room was not all that comfortable - but it was functional. You won't want to be inside all that much anyway.
We enjoyed the views from our little deck - great spot for breakfast and enjoying the sunrise.
We were thrilled one night to come home from dinner to spot a whole family of Javalina's in the parking lot too. I love spotting the local wildlife so that was great fun. Keep your distance obviously - any wild animal needs to have their space respected and even more so if they have young.
I would definitely recommend this timeshare.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017

As an Interval International resort guest, we were trading into the Hyatt Pinion Point and were hoping to get the best experience possible. I had contacted the management in advance by a few weeks to hopefully get my requests in. We requested simple things like a good view and 2 king beds in our 2 bedroom suite. I received a quick response from the Resort Manager Jami Champagne. Jami's email response was the first gift- not just because it came back within 24 hours of my request, but she had already arranged for our room to have fantastic views of the famous Sedona Red Rock Peaks. We did have some stairs involved, but we were in Sedona- we'd be hiking daily and welcomed the challenge! Upon arrival, front desk agent Sean- very friendly and efficient check us in. We were given drink tickets at a local wine bay since our rooms were not quite ready.
It happened to be my birthday week when we were visiting- I had mentioned to the staff in my first email . Once we got into our room, a lovely bottle of Sirah, along with a cheese and fruit platter awaited us along with a hand written note from Jami welcoming us and wishing me a happy birthday. I cannot tell you how much that meant.
Then when we got out to the balcony I almost cried at how beautiful our views were. The brilliant lightning storms were the perfect evening entertainment for our group of 4- sitting out on the balcony eating dinner.
The rooms were nicely appointed and spacious. The decorators did a great job with tasteful and practical furniture design.Licing room couch was comfy even with three of us sitting on it.
We had daily afternoon trips to the pool after a long hike, then we'd hop into the hot tubs with strong jets. staff was always helpful & friendly and quick to help in any way.
I recommend trying the Wildflower Restaurant located next to the resort for delicious organic & healthy meals with views of the Red Rock Peaks. It was open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

We hiked just about every day, other than the days we visited the Grand Canyon and the charming ghost town of Jerome. Both are within 2 hours drive- so an easy day trip from the Resort.

I am sitting at my desk thinking back on my trip & am 100% certain we will be back in the near future.

Thanks again for all the wonderful memories you've helped us create. Bravo to all the staff!!

-Tina Doherty & family

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank tldoherty
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We stayed at the Hyatt in Sedona through Interval International as a special get away.
There is a disclosure that stated that there would be a surcharge and taxes that will be paid by the occupant of $20 per night.
We understood this and when we checked out we received a $300 tax bill. They didn't bother to tell us besides the $20 per night tax they also taxed the total cost of the timeshare getaway. The description besides the $20 daily tax was very vague and should have been clarified on the site AND told to us by the resort upon check in.
Therefore we will not stay there again and will not recommend this resort. It is a shame because the resort is beautiful but charging an extra $300 shows us the greed and gluttony of a business.

Room Tip: The lower level rooms are very dark being they are partially underground. Middle floor is not quiet...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jimmy204
Jami C, General Manager at Hyatt Pinon Pointe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear jimmy204,
I would like to apologize that you were not informed of the taxes that would be charged on your special Interval Getaway rate. I will look into ensuring that the information is clearly stated when the reservation is made and will also work with my on site team to ensure we are explaining the taxes and resort fee upon arrival. Please reach out to me directly if I can be of any assistance in this matter and I hope you do reconsider perhaps exchanging in with Interval International for a future visit. The taxes are only charged on the special discounted interval get away packages and for any rental rates. Thank you for bringing this frustration to our attention and we do hope that you otherwise enjoyed the resort and Sedona. Sincerely, Jami Champagne (jami.champagne@hyattvoi.com)